IGNORED

Drexciya - Journey Of The Deep Sea Dweller II

Redruth

also, where should i start with Drexciya? the Lab Rat XL stuff sounds good, and all the other bits and such i've heard sounds good. i'm definitely interested in actually purchasing the music, preferably reasonably priced CDs or high quality digital. not too interested in anything too dance-y....obviously there's a lot of basic beats and such, but i dunno if his roots lie in house or something, so i'm just warding that off from the get-go. any help appreciated!

I'd go for Grava 4 and Digital Tsunami. Both available at a reasonable price and both works of utter genius.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kaicho

I'm glad Drexciya is still having this reaction. I remember listening to the new releases one after the other during the 90s and being in absolute awe of the duo. Recently going out for my mates 40th (me rapidly approaching the milestone...) and I played some choice Drexciya to a few of his 21 year old friends, Drexciya virgins bless, and it f**ked their minds.

Anybody know what date this is released? I hear June but want to know whether I should tell my sister to hold on her usual atrocious, unappreciated birthday gift and tell her to pre-order this instead.

So forgive me: My favorite part about Drexciya's Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller II is how little it teaches me about modern dance music. Drexciya are cloistered, pugnacious, local, racial, and exclusionary to the point of distraction. I immediately understand why their limited, obscure, geeky material was missed the first time around. No one could figure out Detroit techno in the mid 1990s, and they still can't.

FLOL

So forgive me: My favorite part about Drexciya's Journey of the Deep Sea Dweller II is how little it teaches me about modern dance music. Drexciya are cloistered, pugnacious, local, racial, and exclusionary to the point of distraction. I immediately understand why their limited, obscure, geeky material was missed the first time around. No one could figure out Detroit techno in the mid 1990s, and they still can't.

FLOL

yeah wtf is he on about?

Is there any released date planned yet ? I saw some CDs for sale on Discogs but nothing on the classic stores (except Amazon, but it costs almost 40€ for a CD !!!)

Is there any released date planned yet ? I saw some CDs for sale on Discogs but nothing on the classic stores (except Amazon, but it costs almost 40€ for a CD !!!)

For Dweller II? It's out and available via clone.nl

Nice thanks :) Also found it on Boomkat for those who are interested !

Sadly it doesn't seem to be widely distributed...

Guest nene multiple assgasms

Nice thanks :) Also found it on Boomkat for those who are interested !

Sadly it doesn't seem to be widely distributed...

I got mine from juno.

http://www.juno.co.uk/search/?quick_search_records=m_physical&q=journey+of+the+deep+sea+dweller+ii&qs=1&s_search_precision=any&s_search_type=all&s_genre_id=0000

so does anyone know how many issues there will be in this series?

also, do they plan on releasing any of these on cd?

:emotawesomepm9:

Guest blakeboogie

drexciya_II.jpg

Beautiful, might have to get the CD version too. Was the 1st CD release in such nice packaging?

Archived