IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Burger

Guest bitroast

yeah, proportionally speaking this one looks kind of wrong, like you'd have to eat burger only for a while til you get to the bun and other stuff. might have to try some chorizo in my next burgers though. was it just chopped up finely through the burger meat?

Had a tasty one down Surrey the other day:

DSC_0067_zps1569f0fa.jpg

Had chorizo inside and some tasty cheese on top. Bun was good too.

but to me this looks well balanced...

2j668aa.jpg

bill's bar and burger, NYC

love a good pickled gherkin these days! i used to hate those things thanks to mcd's.

Edited by keltoi

Yeah it was like little lardons of chorizo inside. I thought about a burger made of chorizo after I ordered. Imagine how much of a greasy fuck that would be.

IMG_0147_zps227ec00f.jpg

Barbecue time!

Minced steak burger.

English mustard on bottom half of bun, allioli on top half.

Slice of Jarlsberg, slice of barbecued halloumi.

Fried onions.

Romaine lettuce.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bitroast

Koo3wX7.jpg

from place called mr burger. insides were = BEEF, CHEESE, LETTUCE, BACON, CARAMELISED ONIONS, PICKLE, BBQ SAUCE, MAYONNAISE.

the beef was a sort of medium rare cooked and all round it was sort of incredible!!

Koo3wX7.jpg

from place called mr burger. insides were = BEEF, CHEESE, LETTUCE, BACON, CARAMELISED ONIONS, PICKLE, BBQ SAUCE, MAYONNAISE.

the beef was a sort of medium rare cooked and all round it was sort of incredible!!

oh yeah Mr Burger burgers are fucking excellent. You should go to Merrywell just outside Crown sometime if you haven't been before. A little expensive but definitely worth it. I went there yesterday and should have taken a photo, but I was pretty hungover so had to just push it into my face before I passed out.

that's it i'm making burgers this weekend.

slightly related... had a steak sandwich the other day and the guy asked if i wanted mustard, i said yes please, then he asked if i wanted horse radish sauce... mustard AND horse radish sauce? i'm not sure i could appreciate either of those strong flavours while all mixed up together. and i would have picked horse radish given the choice from the start.

surely it's either/or when it comes to mustard v horse radish?

Edited by keltoi

Guest bitroast

Koo3wX7.jpg

oh yeah Mr Burger burgers are fucking excellent. You should go to Merrywell just outside Crown sometime if you haven't been before. A little expensive but definitely worth it. I went there yesterday and should have taken a photo, but I was pretty hungover so had to just push it into my face before I passed out.

i'm actually still thinking about todays burger. it was one of the better burgers ive had in a good while : )

will need to try merrywell one time, as i have not yet currently tried it!

s652jb.jpg

Soho Five Guys London

I only heard this week they were opening over here.

This weekend, I'm there!

yeah i heard they were opening. any good fenton?

It's in Covent Garden rather than Soho though. A Shake Shack has also opened up in Covent Garden too. I haven't tried either yet, but they're at a lower price point than Honest and Meat Liquor and the like, so I suspect not at the same level, and they're going for a different market anyway (upmarket hip fast food Americana rather than hip meat fetish for Guardian readers who hate anything American apart from burgers and grease).

Five Guys in London! I'm going!

Btw. is The Cheesecake Factory in London any good?

ahahah avoid cheesecake factory at all costs. shockingly middle brow food for thousands and thousands of calories. only fatass midwestern housewifes dream of cheesecake factory where i come from.

Five Guys in London! I'm going!

Btw. is The Cheesecake Factory in London any good?

ahahah avoid cheesecake factory at all costs. shockingly middle brow food for thousands and thousands of calories. only fatass midwestern housewifes dream of cheesecake factory where i come from.

But... Cheesecake...

Awwwww... anyway...

In 2010 Men's Health magazine branded it the 'worst family restaurant in America' due to its sandwiches having an average content of 1,400 calories.