IGNORED

London™ 2012™ Olympics®

Rubin Farr

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bit of a goldrush for GeeBee today, still think we can finish 3rd in the medals table, but we shall see...

I must admit Olympimania has swept me up a bit the past few days, the 5 live radio coverage has been very good.

I couldn't help but feel really sympathetic towards a couple of people:

Magnusson -The Aussie who was competing for another gold...but placed in silver in a surprise upset against the USA guy...can't remember his name but Im pretty sure he was an Olympic rookie. I felt so bad for him after seeing his reaction of disappointment, guy had charisma without seeming arrogant...I always root for those guys.

The two Americans in the men's all-around gymnastics competition: Holy shit I felt so horrible for Oroszco...he had a really rough upbringing and got fucked over by the pummelhorse again (sp?) Also felt horrible for Daniel Leyva too, but goddamn he really came back to earn that bronze, so kudos to him for conquering his demons from the last Olympics.

Is it just me, or is team volleyball a hell of a lot of fun to watch? Saw the US-China match, and holy shit both teams had amazing players. China had a fantastic defense, especially the one really tiny lady wit hthe short cut (sorry, I dunno position names..she had the black jersey on?), and Megan H-something last name was an absolute offensive beast.

Guest jasondonervan

Just saw an Olympics round-up on the news. They showed one of those cutaways of the crowd back at the local clubhouse for Ben Ainslie. Guy sat there wearing an Aphex shirt. Most IDM Olympics ever.

gymnastics vault seemed to give everyone a really hard time. the canadian fell on her face HARD and mckayla moroney fell on her ass. and the russian girl looked like a realdoll :wacko:

Archived