IGNORED

Culture In Decline

Dale

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Al Hounos

feel-good, easy-answer, conspiracy-theory bullshit.

the MAN invented money to keep us down! fuck the system!

by "New satirical web series" do you mean "some more smug, pseudo-scientific propaganda from the cult i belong to" ?

yes - the cult feels it is important to get this information out there :)

My buddies and I purchase weed over silkroad using bitcoins.

9HqsI.png

. That in itself is not that impressive, but it feels like a small glimpse of what's to come. Who the fuck knows what that'll be, we're already in the future without the capital F (as in the antiquated sci-fi sense that our ancestors had envisaged). I don't see why the natural evolution/convergence of technologies wouldn't continue to do what it's done already: ie. circumvent traditional channels to accumulate critical mass, at which point there's no going back.

Let's put aside the 'fight the Man' attritude for a moment; we ARE the man with the same needs to eat/shit/sleep/all the rest. At this point, we are searching for some globally unified solution to sort everything out from the economy to the environment (cue Zeitgeist & NWO). BUT it's very difficult to get everyone under the one umbrella without radical polars forming and lots of friction between "those with the right idea". But maybe sudden change isn't necessary, because incremental changes will continue to push us the right way. As we go further into this information age, stagnant ideas simply won't pass peer-review etc. Better informed decisions based on more available empirical data (this is a step in the right direction). We don't have the "right idea" yet, but that's okay; there's (hopefully) room for a little trial-and-error. It's like we're inside that BoxCar2D evolution game except in reasonably early iterations of it.

I mightn't agree with a lot of what Zeitgeist movement says, but sure am glad there's people out there imagining what's possible..

quality poast ^

Yeah, if evolution is what yielded the richness of life on this planet, this process should work for ideas themselves too. The more natural the selection of ideas and the shorter the iteration through generations (thanks to e.g. da internet), the less the remaining untested ideas suck.

amerika sucks guyz, get real

:trollface:

I hope I don't have this dudes sense of humor, but I thought it was interesting to watch.. I really just try to stay out of politics mostly. and If all you can is get let down by the result, why bother? this guy is talking about alternatives, Holland hasn't had a good goverment in years. keeps fallin apart 'round these ere parts. I don't even know if I'm let down by my goverment anymore, just same old. I can live around it.

I just saw a bumper sticker that read:

Guns don't kill people

Guns save lives

Guns are why America is free

Also bonus points for making the word "free" look like an American flag

• 2 months later...

Archived