IGNORED

draft 7.30

YEK

Guest jasondonervan
i have the cassette (somewhere) if there's any interest from anyone? i'd only ask for shipping costs from the UK.

PM'd

True, it's not all woody - much is super metallic and/or harsh and very non-woody. But some has definite wood. Words fail in all of this. But there is a definite difference in approach between the sonic worlds of Confield/Draft 7.30 and then Untilted, Quaristice and Oversteps - because of these totally non-hidden reverbs, very synthy synth sounds, recognisable Elektron/classic drum machine sounds, even very recognisable real samples/field recordings, etc. :-) This appears to be the case more and more from Untilted to Oversteps.

Where all of those elements are usually massaged into something totally 'other' on releases like Draft 7.30 or Confield, on the last three even I can hear those elements more as they are, more distinctly, closer to the source.

Edited by Lianne

• 7 months later...

Speaking of Draft 7.30, does anyone know much about the "original track titles" floating around?

Benk Chin

Nwnw8

606.ie

Reppat

Theft

Prince Moth Mothy Moth Moth

Vlimpton Alpha 5

Foam Conduit

Uprock

Kidney Bean

Where are those title from? I never saw them floating around anywhere until today.

Speaking of Draft 7.30, does anyone know much about the "original track titles" floating around?

Benk Chin

Nwnw8

606.ie

Reppat

Theft

Prince Moth Mothy Moth Moth

Vlimpton Alpha 5

Foam Conduit

Uprock

Kidney Bean

Where are those title from? I never saw them floating around anywhere until today.

I want to know too. They look very realistic

Guest Rulohead32

I see Miley twerking to V-Proc

No, seriously, V-Proc is one of Autechre's rawest and best songs, for me. In fact, I have the start of the song as a phone calling tone.

Edited by Rulohead32

I have the start of the song as a phone calling tone.

haha, I did for a long time. now it's a custom arpeggio I wrote (sounds like a phone ringing but pselodux style, haha).

I see Miley twerking to V-Proc

No, seriously, V-Proc is one of Autechre's rawest and best songs, for me. In fact, I have the start of the song as a phone calling tone.

Heh, me too. Edited so the beat kicks in about 5 secs before it goes to the ansafone.

• 2 years later...

Draft has never given me woody textures, I don't get why people say that

Yeah, I never got a wood feeling from Draft... I always pictured metallic alloys bending and snapping themselves into various architectures, much like the artwork on the cover.

I love the start of v-proc, but the 2nd half is crying out for a bit more of an interesting progression - an ae melody to tie it together would have been nice. The 'beat falling apart' effect they use doesn't work at all for me, they could have at least gone for an epic 'non-existant' style beat deconstruction.

Hey can you point out a track of theirs with this? (Epic non-existant) Not quite sure what you mean???

I love the start of v-proc, but the 2nd half is crying out for a bit more of an interesting progression - an ae melody to tie it together would have been nice. The 'beat falling apart' effect they use doesn't work at all for me, they could have at least gone for an epic 'non-existant' style beat deconstruction.

Hey can you point out a track of theirs with this? (Epic non-existant) Not quite sure what you mean???
Should have been a bit clearer I guess

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCOgIaZyjQ

Gotta love the breakdown on that track.

Probably my fav album overall...I think like the artwork suggests, the music has a very biomechanical feel. Many of the tracks sound like they are bending and snapping themselves into shape, as equally organic as they are metallic. I also like how despite how glitchy this one is it has a very beat-driven sound, the hip-hop influences can even be heard in many songs. It's definitely the most dancable of their later catalouge

For some reason I think I find Untitled to be a little more impenetrable, I think it has to with how odd the timings are on that one. (though I still love the album quite a bit)

That's exactly how I would describe it mate! "Bending and snapping" most of the tracks do that on this lp. There's a sort of tension and then a release, swirling of the beats blanketed with eerie underneath atmospherics. Love this lp...

Should have been a bit clearer I guess

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yeCOgIaZyjQ

Gotta love the breakdown on that track.

Gotcha! V.proc I don't quite get yet ...differ strokes for different folks I guess, thanks for link! Was brushing my teeth to it and doing the no pants dance

• 2 months later...

Oh well...

I have found a repeating pattern in the last third of Surripere in which I first thought was an unpredictable flow of rhythms. The discovery ruined my enjoyment of the track. I hate it. It completely ruined the flow of the finish to me. That bit from 8:08 to 8:11 is what always ends the loop. I really dislike it. The finish used to be like some chaotic decomposition finale. Now it's just a pattern that stops and restarts again and again with some variation. The flow is gone. The magic is gone. My OCD is triggered. That is what I got for careful listening. My favourite AE track ruined. Fuck.

I have also spotted a repeating pattern in that seemingly random rhythm at the end of Xylin Room and while it took some time to accustom to it I, luckily, quite enjoy it even if it is different (and regular).

Had to share it with you. This really hurts (I am not crying it just fucking sucks big time).

:catrage: :catcry: