IGNORED

draft 7.30

YEK

what are people's opinions on this album? i think it might be my favorite. i love the loud crunchy beats and the artwork is lovely as well

i just gave v-proc a spin and wow.

• Like 1

Yeah, this shit rules, definitely the album that made me realize Autechre were one of my all time favourites, but I don't know if it's my fave album of theirs anymore.

It was the first autechre I had heard... I remember how alien it all sounded, but Surripere in particular. I still really LOVE this album. There's something about how perfect the transitions between the first 5 tracks are that makes me always want to listen to the full album starting on track 1 rather than skipping to a certain track.

Probably equal 5th for me with Quaristice. I really like it, there are some excellent tracks including an all-time ae contender in Surripere.

But as a whole, it doesnt quite work as well as some other ae albums.

i still think it's their most cohesive and focused album. i could also make an argument that is also their most musically complex, in terms of the skill it took to create.

not an album i listen to as often as some others, but it provides a very distinct experience that is awesome and enthralling.

Yeah, a throwback to this kinda thing wouldn't be a bad idea at all, but really you could say that about any of their albums (since Chiastic Slide, if you want my opinion). Autechre are always redefining their sound, and we probably all sometimes think about how great it would be to have more than one album in a particular album's sound. Also pretty cool that around the time of Draft was the one time they've released a physical single. I guess they released y7 as a promotional single later, but that's not the same.

I remember how alien it all sounded, but Surripere in particular.

At first the second part of Surripere i couldn't listened at all and later it become my favorite moment on the album. Ah...with Ae's music always the same story.

Now after all this yrs of listening i can confidently say that it's truly work of a genius...and it's my favorite Ae.

I need more of this!

Guest Balance

I found this the most difficult and noisy at first, Surripere, VI I VI and the last track are fantastic, hate vproc though, it's horrible.

Great album. Really beautiful sounds and intense rambling rhythms.

I feel like often they are hinting at a simple structure, but masking it. So you just get an inkling of what's holding the whole thing together while you try to keep up with the barrages of sound.

Draft 7.30 came out right before I graduated from high school. "6ie.cr" is my favorite track. The last part especially, I find pretty mesmerizing.

Haven't listened to that album in over two years though.

To me it's their album with probably their best tracks but also suffers from the same thing Confield does (for me) in that some of them drag on for a bit too long. However, they're all easily interesting enough to listen through and some of them are entirely mentally gripping to the point where they limit my ability to multitask, whether because I like them so much or they're that engaging and complex.

Like how 6IE.CR on the surface is [mostly] some looping beat, but once you can devote all of your attention to it, it's this whole shifting animal.

Also, IV VV IV VV VIII:

Edited by Xyrofen

I admire this album but I don't really enjoy it that much. Awesome textures and atmosphere but not much to sink my teeth into. A couple of thrilling, fleeting moments but not much rhythmic propulsion, not much heft. Luckily for me, I haven't overplayed it, so there's still lots to explore here.

It probably feels more spacious than their other albums, and I'd say it feels like a natural environment like a forest more than their other albums.

It's interesting that a few people mentioned the beats. They seem to be intended for some purpose besides dancing or head nodding. They aren't as hypnotic as on other albums; the repetition is more like musique concrete than hip hop or techno. This is true for Confield even more. I don't think it's a coincidence that Untilted was so beat-oriented after these two albums.

Also, I'd say this album feels more like a movie, especially a Kubrick movie, than any of their others. LP5 has some of this feel too.

• Like 1

I found Surripere to be incredibly immediate. On first listen of the album, it's really the first track that grabs you. The first few minutes is incredibly moody and then it starts to whip whap itself into a coma, whilst remaining catchy.

It really stands out, obviously the centrepiece of the album.

I do like the atmosphere of the album, I think the first 2 tracks especially set it up quite well. But after that it's a bit hit-and-miss for me, especially after surripere. Even V-proc really goes nowhere after the awesome first 90 seconds.

Im happy for the existence of draft, it really does show another side to ae.

Draft 7.30. I remember when I asked for this album as a Christmas present, then downloaded it having completely forgotten. So now I have a physical copy, and (as this thread prompted me to do) I can get the artwork out and have a good gander every time I listen to it.

Of all the Ae albums, I think this is the one I've settled into the least. At this point I think I get most of the tracks (I've even used 61e.CR in a mix) though I guess it deserves more listening time. Having said that, P.:Ntil is an absolute gem of a track, and it's up there with all my other Ae favourites like Pen Expers, VLetrmx21 and Cichli.

This was the hardest Ae release to get in for me, i still play it after all these years, there is nothing like it, amazing album

It took me years to appreciate it, and I'm glad I finally gave it another shot. At the time I was sick of what my ears heard as more random wankery. It's a masterpiece, in my opinion.

I love all the wood-based sounds - hence "xylin room" of course. But once you know they threw and hit pieces of wood to record for percussion samples, the wooden sound is all over it.