IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Played the God of War: Ascension demo last night - never though they could top GoW III this generation, but they did! Great gameplay, and terrific set pieces. Nice long demo too.

First of all, I always did dig GOW, but it's the same ol shit. That one boss where you pull the pillars down, one on the right side one on the left side. Geez, ripping off the scene from when you fight the big statue in the other GOW. While I understand this is a small small fraction of the game, it doesn't get me excited that its the same formula. I hope they are keeping some new shit underwraps for a surprise. Not sure how they topped the last GOW like u said

Visually, I think they have, as well as refining Kratos' move set and abilities - just because they borrow a similar technique for taking down a boss from a previous game (hell, any game could be accused of that - "hit it in it's weak spot!"), doesn't mean the entire game will be a rehash of ideas or is unoriginal. Add to that, the boss was quite impressive - the sheer scale and multiple encounters made it enjoyable for me, at least, and I look forward to the game.

Traded in ACIII today and put it towards Bioshock: Infinite, no regrets... Almost picked up Metal Gear Rising, but I've heard it's a pretty short game so I'll wait til the price drops a bit

Traded in ACIII today and put it towards Bioshock: Infinite, no regrets... Almost picked up Metal Gear Rising, but I've heard it's a pretty short game so I'll wait til the price drops a bit

I received an email the other day from the online store I bought ACIII from. It said that if I wanted to I could send back the game and they would pay me back. I would do that in an instant if it wasn't because I spilled coffee all over the cover.

I received an email the other day from the online store I bought ACIII from. It said that if I wanted to I could send back the game and they would pay me back. I would do that in an instant if it wasn't because I spilled coffee all over the cover.

really? is ACIII doing that badly in the market?

I clocked over 200 hours the last few months trying to perfect CS:GO... still no where near to perfecting it... that game is like a fucking golf swing.

For some reason I thought Metal Gear Rising was just a remake of the first one or two, didn't realise it was a new one. I've got such a list of games to get now but I want to finish what I've got now. Fuck

really? is ACIII doing that badly in the market?

No, it has sold really well. As far as I remember it's the best selling AC so far. I don't know what that email was all about. I guess if I send it back they won't back me back the full price.

Playing Lonesome Road DLC on Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses is a fun killer when he's talking to you via your robot. I understand he's trying to profess being an expert historian/philosopher, but it feels like sitting through a lecture at uni.

The Red Glare is a fuckin' beast weapon though. And the reload animation is sexxxy.

Edited by ambermonk

Playing Lonesome Road DLC on Fallout: New Vegas. Ulysses is a fun killer when he's talking to you via your robot. I understand he's trying to profess being an expert historian/philosopher, but it feels like sitting through a lecture at uni.

The Red Glare is a fuckin' beast weapon though. And the reload animation is sexxxy.

haha I loved that DLC but you are right, Ulysses does get boring after a while. i still need to beat Old World Blues

picked up doom 3 bfg edition for the ps3, never played it before and its pretty damn good, also shit your pants jump time. Bonus nostalgia of doom and doom 2 included!

I suppose if you never played Doom 3 when it first came out it's worth it, but since I had, I felt extremely ripped off by the BFG edition they marketed as an HD remaster, but they changed nothing except allowing you to have the flashlight and gun at the same time and then just ported it over, looks the exact same it did on the first Xbox. Still, a pretty good game though I suppose.

haha I loved that DLC but you are right, Ulysses does get boring after a while. i still need to beat Old World Blues

OWB is probably the best of the DLCs. Certainly feels the most open-ended and upbeat, even though it still has dark undertones in places.

Platinum's games are too silly for me. I tried to like Vanquish, I really did.

The gameplay in their games are usually solid. But there's just too much unintentional goofy shit in their games (it's unintentional, right?)

Apart from Bayonetta. That was supposed to be over-the-top and silly.

Edited by Ceerial

Finished Dead Space 3 last night, gripe about the series all you want, but Dead Space 3 was a great game and they fixed a lot of the older hang-ups... now to do the co-op online (anyone with a PS3 wanna co-op get at me), and tackle Pure Survival mode (no item drops, everything must be crafted from resources).

Guest zaphod

i found my copy of arcanum, which has layers of dust on it. i'm kind of afraid to play it. not sure if it will even run on windows 7.

i found my copy of arcanum, which has layers of dust on it. i'm kind of afraid to play it. not sure if it will even run on windows 7.

i got it running before, i forget if i had to fuck about with stuff or not though.

i was thinking about picking up Borderlands GOTY for a cheap 15.....im not much of a multiplayer person, is it a fun enough game as a single-player campaign?