IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

i've been listening a lot to the live sets (2005-2010) and they're spectacular. i know you (pixielives) said that in exai there are album edits of the live tracks, is it for most of the album? which tracks did you identify (for example, the "whale" track in the 2010--domino, italy-- live set)?

ta for your comments!

Guest pixelives
i've been listening a lot to the live sets (2005-2010) and they're spectacular. i know you (pixielives) said that in exai there are album edits of the live tracks, is it for most of the album? which tracks did you identify (for example, the "whale" track in the 2010--domino, italy-- live set)?

ta for your comments!

There's nothing specific but there are some elements that seem to have come from live sets. If there are any songs that have been used live in the past they've been reworked extensively.

I wouldn't say it's the whole album either, just bits and bobs and some beats

Guest pixelives

90101-51 is kind of acidy, no? I'm not getting any acid vibes off this one, but maybe I'll realize something is akin to 'ceeed later on..

yeah I'd say kind of acidy... Anything that hard hitting though?

Like, are the progressions quick, or are they drawn out/take the whole track to develop?

cheers btw thanks for all the info

Guest pixelives

Like, are the progressions quick, or are they drawn out/take the whole track to develop?

there is a lot of ground covered. some hard hitting spastic stuff with laser blasts, slower hiphop broken beat stuff w scary ambiences. cinematic building linear stuff. it's really varied.

I'm getting the impression that Etchogon-S is a good representation of this?

Also does TS1A sound anything like any tracks on this album? I fucking loved that track and sincerely hope for more in a similar vein.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

there is a lot of ground covered. some hard hitting spastic stuff with laser blasts, slower hiphop broken beat stuff w scary ambiences. cinematic building linear stuff. it's really varied.

Wow I'm stoked! :happy:

Guest pixelives

Etchogon-S is definitely a good place to start thinking about the faster stuff.

Nothing immediately like TS1A, but you can see a similarities production wise

90101-51 is kind of acidy, no? I'm not getting any acid vibes off this one, but maybe I'll realize something is akin to 'ceeed later on..

this is a relief for me, and helps counter my unease about led zepplin drum samples and side chain compression

this is a relief for me, and helps counter my unease about led zepplin drum samples and side chain compression

I thought 90101-51 was a killer track.. :sad:

it was but i don't particularly love a lot of the acidic sounds they use lately. With the exception of that track and Y7 i just dont think they excel at the usage of the squelch pitch-bend synth line (because as far as i know i've never heard the using an actual 303). A good example of what i see as a failure of this style attempt is the vsnares VS ae track from that elektron comp. It's a decent track until that acid line sort of kills it.

Edited by Awepittance