IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest pixelives
is there anything as dark as Parhelic Triangle from Confield?

vekoS has some of those dissonant ambiences but is more funky. IT'S REALLY FUNKY. Trashcan madman funk.

With an FM acidish snakeline

is there anything as dark as Parhelic Triangle from Confield?

vekoS has some of those dissonant ambiences but is more funky. IT'S REALLY FUNKY. Trashcan madman funk.

With an FM acidish snakeline

*hyperventilates*

Guest pixelives

You'll find something like the crying prog voice thing from Known1 on tuinorizn. Not as over the top though. It's becoming one of my favs so far.. Has a great chord progression and sick gated snares.

Guest pixelives

hearing lots of wavetable morphing now (guess that's nothing new tho)

bladelores is probably around 100bpm. if it was at 120 is could be a sick ass techno peak timer. Guess that fits to the Andy Stott feels I had initially..

btw pixelives, did you hear spl9 yet? the podcast version is of a terrible quality, i just want to know if it sounds ten million times better with the right quality. does it?

Edited by Franciscus

Guest pixelives
btw pixelives, did you hear spl9 yet? the podcast version is of a terrible quality, i just want to know if it sounds ten million times better with the right quality. does it?

Yeah so much better. I can even imagine what that thing was encoded at.

Yeah so much better. I can even imagine what that thing was encoded at.

great! would you say it's a track that would perfectly fit on untilted (i just love that album)?

Guest pixelives

yeah that with a mix of Quar, but the production is deeper in the newer lush style

nodezeh has a baby gorilla bashing at an organ at the beginning.

Guest pixelives

FWIW I brought down 8k and 16k in the eq on my iTunes about 3dB and brought up 250hz and 64hz about 4/5dB. Could be that my ears can't handle the high end like they used to.

Guest pixelives

I might be a bit drunk at this point but spl9 kind of reminds me of Lightning Bolt? At least at the beginning. It's basically a proggy bassline with a locked in drum part with tons of modulation. But then the big scary pad hovers on top so that kind of goes away...

Theswere sounds like it belongs in the soundtrack to Mischief Makers. Also, this...

lol there totally is that 'clancer-esqe' sound

Not much in the way of that Perlence stuff, which I would describe as "Glacial"

Some bits like the classic plaintive chords and melodies of Theswere.

it seems like a refinement of the Oversteps body of work, but more "down to business," and less overtly melancholy, but keeping that moody melody that has been happening throughout the entire discography. Synths are sometimes pushed into the background and sometimes up in front.

As I said before it's like a total refinement of all the elements we've seen come from them.

Less like, "we're gonna use this overarching concept for the entire album" and more like, "we're gonna bring all our best elements together as a cohesive whole."

I said before that it seems like they're having fun and rolling with it..

Every piece kind of operates in it's own universe.

sounds so good. thanks for answering.

i think you're overestimating the amount of fucks given about watmm by anyone outside of watmm.

i also think you're overestimating the amount of fucks given about that ae album outside of watmm.

Edited by Guest