IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Can anyone confirm that track Keyosc's length from itunes Japan?

8:55

edit: and it sounds like a windchime meets louie louie

Edited by sysyphus

YJY UX is an utter masterpiece.

Round 2 beginning now...

Last night. First listening. Sleepy as heeeeell (really long day). Can't hold my eyes open at all but it's the new Ae FGS! One last track remains... and then coming from distance that glorious melody kicked me. Within first 30 sec i was completely awake, like i was sleeping for 10 hrs. Couldn't believe! It's just resonates with my brain/soul perfectly!

Finding Disc 1 more enjoyable as well, especially the first 5 tracks. The transitions between those tracks are absolutely flawless but the transition from 5 to 6 is a little abrupt. I will need to give Disc 2 a listen in the car before I can conclusively say 1 or 2 is best (for initial impressions), but Irlite and jateveeC are definitely top 5 tracks atm. Tuinorizn isn't doing much for me, short track too, perhaps could have cut this. Bladelores is excellent, not sure yet about the 4-5 minute mark breakdown. Gonna exaimine Disc 2 later at night when it is dark. The bass is absolutely massive on this album. So funky and jazzy, not to mention how the rest of it all seems spacial yet reactive and connected. Hard to explain but its as if each sonic touch sends shock waves outward at different lengths, pulsating the other components like a feedback loop of molecular chemical processes. Acidy

Edited by compson

Guest disoriental express

i think it would benefit from the single disc treatment personally but i think im in the minority. Roughly half of the tracks on here aren't doing much for me.

You want LESS autechre musics?!..... :cerious: ..................... :cerious: ............................ :cerious: .............

I think not know anything about how the music is made is a blessing in a way. (also a curse?)

Edited by disoriental express

i think it would benefit from the single disc treatment personally but i think im in the minority. Roughly half of the tracks on here aren't doing much for me.

you want LESS autechre musics?!..... :cerious: ..................... :cerious: ............................ :cerious: .............

i think not know anything about how the music is made is a blessing in a way for me

We want their best work, not 2 hours and 17 track of which we only like 9 tracks or so. I gotta admit, there are way more tracks on Exai that I really don't like and most of them are very long, the tracks I do like are shorter.

bladelores is the last track of disc 1 sir! I mean Carl!

YJY UX is the new Drane2

That's what I thought, I hate both.

Wow...i didn't know this is even possible till now.

BTW...so far i like every single track from EXAI and i think i'm gonna love them even more...of course.

Edited by xox

YJY UX is the new Drane2

That's what I thought, I hate both.

Wow...i didn't know this is even possible till now.

BTW...so far i like every single track from EXAI and i think i'm gonna love them even more...of course.

I second this motion. I'm pleased with it all, of course im pleased with virtually everything ae has done... guess i'm just easy.

funny story; i was listening to exai on the go, bladelore was on, never heard it before so i didn't know what to expect, angry birds seasons turned on i guess, chinese music playing from that game over ae beats,. i thought it was part of the song and it sounded really good.

lolz,

it's good sedation. like falling asleep under a christmas tree.

Gotta be the best japaenese bonus track righ?