IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Was it a study for the pic with the legs and birds and alligator back? Both are awesome.

Hope you don't mind me posting some silly sketches that I've coloured in PS. Last pic is way too big :P

prancha_by_th555-d5x6ymq.png

imkah_bimkah_by_th555-d5xareg.png

(digitally colouring pen drawings is really neat btw)

Was it a study for the pic with the legs and birds and alligator back? Both are awesome.

This was just a random sketch. I'm gonna get back to working that up for a painting after I get some commercial work done.

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

Thanks! Yeah they're Photoshop. Lots of cutting things out, layering, repeating etc. Hadn't done anything in Photoshop for years so trying to get rid of the rust at the moment. There's a few more on my blog but probably shouldn't post them here because boobs

Hmm, I should start posting in here.

Probably an inappropriate introductory post, but would it be total sacrilege to rip off the 80s King Crimson designs for my next Pselodux release?

qUCToxi.jpg?1

Logo and/or colours aren't final, but I think I'll keep the title. Suits the early stage of the music (sludgey prog metal with soaring choruses).

Edited by modey

Nice stuff! Very psychedelic.

I like the symbol and color combination. Have you tried a different font? Something sans-serif maybe.

Well, the point of ripping off the artwork for me was getting the font right, as well. For reference:

front.jpg

front.jpg

cover_47241815102008.jpg

So I could change the font, but it wouldn't be as much of an homage!

Yeah, I've tried a few iterations of it. I might rotate it 45 degrees to the left so the 'triangle' sticking out of the inner circle is facing upwards. Would suit the theme of the EP—being a progression from everything I've released as Pselodux before; 'branching out' or something equally wanky. And it'll look less like a C, haha.

Edited by modey

Nice! Minimal vector art gives me a total design boner.

i just have always liked the combination of green and pink...

Yeah, it's growing on me. I usually hate green and have never used it as a main colour on a cover. The colours were just a placeholder but I'm starting to like the way it looks.