IGNORED

Post Your Most Recent Artwork

Joyrex

Guest Lucy Faringold

you're much too kind Gaarg!

what's funny is that last one took hardly any time at all, whereas the one before it took about 2-3 hrs. There's something about executing something very fast and fluidly that gives it a certain dynamism. Probably not over-thinking it I guess. I remember a quote from Francis Bacon which was something like "The ideal painting would be a painting where I simply flung the paint at the canvas and the image appeared at once, by pure chance." (paraphrasing). I always thought that was a lovely idea and summed up something very important about cultivating intelligent accidents when making pictures. Anyway, I guess I'm gonna try working on my speed and fluidity, but there's still part of me that loves slaving away on a picture and getting lost in intricate detail.

Guest Lucy Faringold

yeah this one's really moody and menacing.

are these from life, photos or imagination? should i recognize this guy?

That one used a photo of Bob from Twin Peaks as a reference. The other one was the Log Lady!

In an ideal world I would be working from life but I'm really just trying to get my chops up atm.

Guest happycase

I made this painting of a local traditional mask for a masquerade festival

kurent14.jpg

fucking beautiful.

here is my self-portrait as a snail

YW2M7ka.jpg

yeah this one's really moody and menacing.

are these from life, photos or imagination? should i recognize this guy?

That one used a photo of Bob from Twin Peaks as a reference. The other one was the Log Lady!

In an ideal world I would be working from life but I'm really just trying to get my chops up atm.

I knew that was Bob right away. Great jorb!

saw some nice organic fractals the other day... erm... here...

http://butdoesitfloat.com/Chaos-refers-to-a-kind-of-constrained-randomness-Wherever-a-chaotic

beautifully coloured i thought.

5533241361_5b0bd0a92e_b_905.jpg

5516214901_da47b86eae_b_905.jpg

i'd wager money they're using the same software i am, reminds me of this animation i did a while back...

edit: ooo, they're not! this is a new thing... http://fractal.io/

Edited by kaini