I wear my sunglasses at night

I cry to you

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've always loved the live recordings "Live - Manchester BOTW - Feb 1999" - a lot EP7 stuff there. Tracks 7 (Liccflii) and 9 (Left Blank) must have been a gorgeous experience. Tracks are starting as we know them, towards the end they start to distort them to a solid and louuud wall of sound.

I've seen them only once, in Cologne. Page one mentions "2001-04-01 - Germany-Cologne" - if []pushers red hot car has been released short before, then this was the performance.

Never heard of any recording of that performnce. Was a lot of unknown music/noise ;)

Edited by Guest

for the 2001 tour, for the most part, Autechre used 3-4 generative/random maxmsp song patches to perform from at each show. There is a fantastic soundboard recording of one of the gigs from i think Toronto. I don't think any of the stuff on this tour was ever turned into proper songs .

for the 2001 tour, for the most part, Autechre used 3-4 generative/random maxmsp song patches to perform from at each show. There is a fantastic soundboard recording of one of the gigs from i think Toronto.

Can you point me to this? The download section here is offline and I can't see it on the archive.org page.

• 1 month later...
Guest Greg Reason

Some of my favourite ae moments ever are from live shows and never released... Makes me sad. At least the shows I'm referring to are in pretty much perfect quality (I can see why ae themselves prefer audience recordings but I want soundboards dammit!!)

The two ultimate classic ae live moments for me have to be 2005-04-15 Glasgow from 29m 15s and 2007-03-25 Pontins from 41m 30s. The later sounds like ae's answer to Dubstep, I'm a bit obsessed with that fuckin sinister synthline that comes in over the top and then the way they blend in those pychedelic drone things from WNSN over that. Thoroughly unnerving.

same, those soundboard recordings are still probably my favorite recent autechre material. alas, no soundboard for the quaristice tour. friends who aren't even into the album or really into autechre were utterly blown away and left with their jaws on the floor by that set. it amazes me autechre refuses to release their most innovative material. just my opinion, for whatever it's not worth, anyway ;)

guys we should make a thread asking b and b to release the quaristice soundboard

if we ask real nice i bet they'll make an account and host it

Guest Greg Reason

excerpt from Reverb magazine interview w Sean Booth 2008-01-24:

What’s your take on the likes of Myspace and online fan communities like That Other Site™ and watmm?

WATMM? What’s WATMM?

We Are The Music Makers…

…Oh THAT thing! And That Other Site™, well XLT, it’s a bit more macho innit and We Are The Music Makers is a bit more geeky. I like them both, slightly…but, you know, it’s like any online community.

Do you pay any attention to the feedback you see on those forums, do you keep a thermometer of what people think?

Well now that they’ve all been MySpace’d, now you can find them all…and they’re all having their pictures up and stuff and be honest about how they are, it’s slightly chilled them all out, which is good! I mean, I know who most people are on there now, which is a bit weird. So I don’t tend to post much now as a result, I post like once a month…and it’s usually just to correct someone [Laughs]. Mainly my mates go on their and will post up links to stuff.

Well, I have to admit… I am one of the ones that hangs around We Are The Music Makers…from time to time [Laughs]

Well that’s not like a bad thing to say, not really! I’ll probably be trying to find you later. The thing is, We Are The Music Makers is actually alright now, because they’ve divided it up into fan rooms, it stops people going like “you fuckin’ twat – that band are shit” posting in threads they shouldn’t even be posting to. But it’s all good, faceless communities create that insane interaction you don’t get anywhere else. So if you can handle it, and you’re feeling a bit brave then go for it…but it tends to just make me giggle, smirk and then go ‘Oh God!’, you know?

Sean if you're reading this, I'm so very gay for you in the most hetero way imaginable.

I'd love to make macho love to your short lil' body.

While Sean was wiping a poo moustache over dans top lip I managed to sneak into his studio and take a disc titled "Quaritour SBoard wav" but he must read WATMM because when I got home it was just a 400bpm gabber bassdrum for an hour.

Sorry guys :(

Guest bardamu

on a similar note, I keep hearing about these soundboard recordings from the confield era, but can't find them online anywhere. the archive.org stuff is all audience, I think. help?

on a similar note, I keep hearing about these soundboard recordings from the confield era, but can't find them online anywhere. the archive.org stuff is all audience, I think. help?

Keep your eyes peeled. I'll upload it tonight when I get home.