IGNORED

Autechre Live + Broadcasts + Interviews

Guest AlexPallas

thanks for that, very cool

so i missed it, what happened to the downloads section, hosting issues? i want to hear this fabled quaristice live set.. the LA set is supposed to be the best one, from what i read. can anyone upload this?

Quaristice tour 2008 LA. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t3z14nnzonk

Alright fellas/ laydies?

Yeah, yeah, Iknow, first post and on the beg...

Has anybody got the follwing soundboards?

1999 palm springs

2000 Berlin

I have a few Ae shows, my slsk username is warpedboy2

Any help with the shows would be muchly appreciated.

Coabrednu

Alright fellas/ laydies?

Yeah, yeah, Iknow, first post and on the beg...

Has anybody got the follwing soundboards?

1999 palm springs

2000 Berlin

I have a few Ae shows, my slsk username is warpedboy2

Any help with the shows would be muchly appreciated.

Coabrednu

HAI SEAN!

thanks for that, very cool

so i missed it, what happened to the downloads section, hosting issues? i want to hear this fabled quaristice live set.. the LA set is supposed to be the best one, from what i read. can anyone upload this?

Quaristice tour 2008 LA. Enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?t3z14nnzonk

what i would give for a glasgow quality version of this. even just that first jam. so god damned good

AHH. can someone please reupload or link us to the 2001 toronto soundboard.

thank you so so so so much.

No worries bro, I'll reupload when I'm back in the office!

does anyone know if the 2005 nyc show was recorded... it's the one i went to.

I was at that show too, at Webster Hall. One of the best shows of my life, I don't think there is a recording though, at least not one in decent sound quality.

Guest Astroturf

This is an interview thread right?

I haven't seen this mentioned:

http://www.theskinny.co.uk/article/98649-autechre-unknown-pleasures

As the discussion turns to other Warp artists, Booth warms to a mention of the forthcoming and much-delayed Boards of Canada LP (a group he praises for being "super fucking careful and anal") and is endearingly apologetic when I mention the difficulties of balancing work and family life: "Oh, I'm not giving them any stress," he insists, in his most peaceable Rochdale brogue, "I just like their music!"

Lopl.

You know that [Mr] Oizo album from a few years back, Moustache? I fuckin' love that album. It's beautiful.

+1

AE know their shit, this album is one of the most influential LPs as far as modern production techniques are concerned. Justice and most of Ed Banger records would sound completely different if it weren't for the catalyzing effect this LP had.

"There's a trail following us, which I'm not really aware of... and then that's it. And then nothing else. There's almost like a complete void around us."

this statement is interesting to me because at one point i don't think they felt this way. It's obvious that Skam, at least a great deal of it was filled with musicians who were heavily indebted to and inspired by Autechre. The first wave if you will of AE inspired folks. If AE is really unaware of people who have been inspired by them now i find that kind of sad. Aphex seems like the exact opposite by signing Monolith, Wisp and Stevinord to his label. As well as him playing EOD tracks in his set.

Edited by Awepittance

2007-03-25 Pontins from 41m 30s. The later sounds like ae's answer to Dubstep, I'm a bit obsessed with that fuckin sinister synthline that comes in over the top and then the way they blend in those pychedelic drone things from WNSN over that. Thoroughly unnerving.

link?