IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

Guest Lander

I have not heard the Skrillex *Burial* stuff.

For me, I loved Rough Sleeper.

I was so excited about listening to the tracks on they day they came out. I managed to resit until I got home to listen to them on something half decent rather than my earphones.

I like the musial jounreys he is able to take you on without being so blatantly obvious about the point he is trying to get across, the track name.

I can't think of anyone out there at the moment who is more talented production wise at the moment. :biggrin:

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drukqs
Yeah love the end of Truant wish that went on for longer!

btw has any1 heard the skrillex does burail stuff yet? Proper weird

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gX34959ALmY

jesus christ what an asshole. could he ape the style any worse?

I swear, you're like the only one who agrees with me on this. Ugh. I feel like Future Garage is going to start getting popular the way dubstep did because of this, just you watch. Next thing you know, shitty garage imitations will be all over every Lady Gaga and Rihanna song on the fucking radio.

To be fair I've heard worse burial impersinations. But was suprised by him doing such blatant burial inspired stuff

bet loads of his fans were waiting for a big wobbly drop and were disapointed! ;)

You'd think even Skrillex would know better than to attempt to nip at the heels of Burial or Machinedrum.

Where's the drop indeed.

I swear, you're like the only one who agrees with me on this. Ugh. I feel like Future Garage is going to start getting popular the way dubstep did because of this, just you watch. Next thing you know, shitty garage imitations will be all over every Lady Gaga and Rihanna song on the fucking radio.

Not the only one. I tried to listen with an open mind but it was just depressing. Burialite

oh god the jazzy chords. noooo

Not the only one. I tried to listen with an open mind but it was just depressing. Burialite

oh god the jazzy chords. noooo

LOL I know all the UK garage heads are going to have the ultimate mindfuck - future garage will trickle down to some simple and ironically re-hashed vibe and Flo Rida is going to probably chant over some Craig David or Arftul Dodger track with no edits and it will be the #1 single. And it won't be sampling but an utter coincidence. Calling that shit right now.

There was a turntable.fm station I use to frequent that would play true dubstep and future bass/garage (and juke) but there was a point where this club-sounding stuff got propular, the "trap" stuff I suppose: Clicks & Whistles, Kastle, French Fries - it's not bad but I realized after denying that I didn't like it. It's just 808 beats, soft-synths and the fact that they aren't producing for "mainstream" artists that apparently is appealing to so many. I think it's dull. That Skrillex track too - yes it's more pleasant but it's like his entire novelty, love it or hate it his break-out stuff is memorable, is completely gone with that track. I like some of the bombastic and out there stuff, but there is a sterile-ness that has creeped into the genre and scene as well. I appreciate the grime-oriented instrumentals and old sparse dubplates of the mid-00s even more now.

When did the badly out of tune down-pitched female vocals become a thing ... What naughty scamp is behind all that nonsense ?

I don't know, but it often turns me off from the better witch house producers too - the whole R&B rhythm/vocal edit resurgence is a bit too common now imo as well. Perhaps it's the 2010s version of the amen break.

There have been dozens of UK garage tunes that have sampled just this acappella track:

http://youtu.be/v48Jt9wqDw4

Guest drukqs
When did the badly out of tune down-pitched female vocals become a thing ... What naughty scamp is behind all that nonsense ?

I don't know, but it often turns me off from the better witch house producers too - the whole R&B rhythm/vocal edit resurgence is a bit too common now imo as well. Perhaps it's the 2010s version of the amen break.

There have been dozens of UK garage tunes that have sampled just this acappella track:

lol

Skrillex-Leaving.jpg

The artwork is more Burial-esque than anything else.

I have to wonder what Sonny would vaguely emulate at another time in the past: imagine a Streets-esque Skrillex song - Sonny ordering a pizza and talking about playing Skyrim over a 2-bar loop of bad, bad, hair salon-esque house.

lol

The video description...LOL

"Don't you just love Mister Lies' ability to set the perfect atmospheric song."

Well no, not anymore, fuckin' a don't tell me what to love Mister LIES

Guest bitroast

LOL

this is going to make a lot of people very angry. could be a side project or something, but as skrillex everyone will just be asking where the drop is. could be 'brillex'. 'burex'. 'skrillial'. etc.

Guest oldenjon

LOL

this is going to make a lot of people very angry. could be a side project or something, but as skrillex everyone will just be asking where the drop is. could be 'brillex'. 'burex'. 'skrillial'. etc.

:facepalm:

LOL

This makes me appreciate Burial all the more. Using the same palette as Burial Skrillex has made a fairly banal (albeit well produced) track.

I am, however, happy to hear Skrillex expanding his repertoire. I am VERY curious to hear Skrillex's take on the IDM tropes that were supposedly so influential for him.

Guest bitroast

LOL

bullexrial.

Guest cult fiction
This makes me appreciate Burial all the more. Using the same palette as Burial Skrillex has made a fairly banal (albeit well produced) track.

I am, however, happy to hear Skrillex expanding his repertoire. I am VERY curious to hear Skrillex's take on the IDM tropes that were supposedly so influential for him.

I don't know that I'd call it well produced. Sounds incredibly cheesy - it's a heap of VSTs and on-the-grid programming with filter build-ups. Compare this with Rough Sleeper.

Archived