IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish he would diversify his sound palette a little bit, because he has an incredible grasp of sound and atmosphere, and yet he has kind of fallen into a rut of doing predictable rhythms & percussion sounds.

Oh well, I am sure I will still buy it and love it.

also you are dead wrong, kinski

sounds like 10 unfinished demos randomly mixed together. don't get the hype at all. this collage thing annoyed me on kindred, and is annoying me now. if i posted this under my name in EKT there would be, like, two repiles, both begging me to work on making my stuff more cohesive and how there's 'potential'.

lol

fuck off.. seriously.

sounds like 10 unfinished demos randomly mixed together. don't get the hype at all. this collage thing annoyed me on kindred, and is annoying me now. if i posted this under my name in EKT there would be, like, two repiles, both begging me to work on making my stuff more cohesive and how there's 'potential'.

lol

fuck off.. seriously.

:facepalm:

this is really fucking good. there's a lot of this actual kind of euphoria to truant... it's still bittersweet but a bit less downcast than normal

i really like the 'mixtape' format too. i really think this guy is refining what he does in really brilliant personal little ways.

I think "bittersweet" is one of the best words to use when describing burial

opinion inbound:

i found most burial after the first LP to be a serious rehash unworthy of its praise, but kindred, and now this tune truant, has blown me away.

not feeling rough sleeper right now but i feel like its a grower.

really liking this style of tune, some people are complaining about how it sounds too much like a mashup lacking coherency, but whats actually happening here is much more like a classical piece of music, in which loops and repetiton are pushed aside in favour of a perpetually altering groove and melody, and i think its fucking boss.

very much impressed.

I wonder why rough sleeper connects with me so deeply. That organ, that VOICE. Makes me want to cry.

Anyway, something strange about this release. It's completely mono. There is no stereo track. I knew something felt off about it. Isn't that a bit suspect? I'm not sure of what but it is pretty strange, since he's so well known for his atmospheric spacing/mastering.

Archived