IGNORED

Burial - Truant / Rough Sleeper

Tauhid

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool, just heard it from the Bleep stream (Cheers vincentvc and God bless Google Chrome's 'Network' feature to sniff out the entire mp3 preview file without needing to click play/pause every 30 seconds !)

Production wise it's pretty darn good (even from the lowly stream I can tell it's much better than the Massive Attack EP thing he did a while back), but BUT structurally it's a complete bloody mess (especially the first side) - it's like listening to a dozen or so preview tracks of an album bunged together over the course of the 20 minutes, with a massive crackly gap just as they're getting interesting. Is this what albums are gonna be like now for the generation of people with zero attention span ?

It kinda reminds me of those album previews Kode9 used to mix for the Breezeblock/MAH shows to promote the full album. A load of tracks, spliced together, giving little snapshots of what to expect.... except in this case, this is as far as they develop and you're left wishing the individual bits had more time to develop and progress naturally, instead of abruptly changing into something different a minute or so later. Great little vignettes, but a little bit of a mess structure-wise, as mcbpete said.

I was scared that's they were going to be as there was a bit of an element of that to the last EP. Some of the tracks had like 3 mini tunes stuck on the end. Can' t understand why he doesn't develop them into whole songs.

He probably has other more developed songs for the album, and he releases everything else as an EP. Maybe.

When those bells(?) halfway into Rough Sleeper come in it is nice.

I was scared that's they were going to be as there was a bit of an element of that to the last EP. Some of the tracks had like 3 mini tunes stuck on the end. Can' t understand why he doesn't develop them into whole songs.

I personally thought that was made a track like Astray Wasp so epic.

Can't say I agree. It just felt like little previews added onto the end to me. Certainly, one or two of them would definitely have benefitted from being full tracks.

its fucking hilarious to me that of all musics, burial is the only thing that ever ever gets consistent and almost universal praise on watmm.

and yea, this is fucking awesome.

sounds like 10 unfinished demos randomly mixed together. don't get the hype at all. this collage thing annoyed me on kindred, and is annoying me now. if i posted this under my name in EKT there would be, like, two repiles, both begging me to work on making my stuff more cohesive and how there's 'potential'.

sounds like 10 unfinished demos randomly mixed together. don't get the hype at all. this collage thing annoyed me on kindred, and is annoying me now. if i posted this under my name in EKT there would be, like, two repiles, both begging me to work on making my stuff more cohesive and how there's 'potential'.

I'd tell you that your music is amazing.

Archived