IGNORED

Million Dollar Extreme's Youtube account got pulled down

gmanyo

omg that john maus appearance  :wub:

he turned up at the end of earlier ep which must of been cut footage from this footage,

also this is prop the last season

Edited by pyramidpanes

Just watched them all. P good. Very RISD

Nick is the funniest to me

Nick is by far the best, he always hits hardest

Last episode of the season coming on tonight, it will be good I'm sure of it.  I hope to God there's a season 2

Guest bitroast

This is just the BEGINNING.... stay tuned....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWMtss0u3Ns

(starts at 1:55)

DEEEFINITELY the best episode! The skits with the emo band and the gene splicing clinic were hilarious especially (lolled too hard at the part where Nick starts shouting into microphone @ about 4:15).

I have to say though, the last skit made me feel super uncomfortable - it did feel a bit too preachy message-wise imo, BUT I have to say that in terms of how Million Dollar Extreme executed the whole thing, it was pretty clever. It makes a very big statement about what they stand for and believe personally, and while I don't agree with many of their political standpoints, I think you have to give them a huge kudos for pulling it off on a platform that is nowadays, quite socially careful about what is broadcasted and what isn't. Adult Swim was the perfect stepping stone for this, so thanks MDE and Adult Swim, this was brilliant to watch :catsalute:

edit:

also I hope this isn't the end of the series, and hoping Hyde meant 'season' ;_;

i've long cum to the realization im not gonna agree with everything they think or say. i just have to flick a little switch when i watch the show and enjoy it for what it is. 

enjoyed the season, would love to see more. 

if you followed the mde reddit you could distill their politics pretty easily though, it's pretty much typical delet+zeffolia+lumpy with bits of euro imperialism, libertanianism and all that comes with. this is actually sam's post i think and it's so clear that there's nothing to distill really: https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/3luw09/is_mde_becoming_more_right_leaning_from_a/cva0nd2

some of my favorite bits:

"Europe is in a dire situation: culture is being destroyed"

"This will continue until white people have been sucked dry"

"...losing these beautiful civilizations that took so long to create..."

"whites need to regain some sort of cohesive tribal self-interest and identity"

Edited by eugene

Guest bitroast

i have some suspicion that he might be trolling because he is obviously self conscious enough and not that dumb to utter such things with a straight face as is evident by his comedy, but i dunno..

literally everything that comes out of that dudes mouth is caked in irony in some form or another.

sometimes its backwards inside out irony thats hard to wrap head around ... 

but ...

if sam is posting on reddit saying " ok.. straight talk. because you asked, this is 100% me just putting my political beliefs on the table for you to finally read, dissect, and understand "...

i mean.. it could be legit. given that his primary role is being a sarcastic, ironic, 'comedian'.. i see little reason to assume the reddit post isn't a joke and put out there to either be funny or to confuse people just as much as anything else is. 

or it could be legit ?? 

(this confusion is pretty much my from-beginning-to-now relationship in understanding MDE)

Edited by bitroast

i think it's a bit of misguided punk bravado, like the most counter culture thing he can do is fight against an overriding liberal culture, which is probably also the culture he grew up around. it's impossible not to see that in all the early mde stuff, the yale and rutgers things, he's pushing back against what he probably perceives as political correctness. he's going to extremes with this show but it's all kind of misguided because it's obvious from that subreddit and his constant posting on /pol that he's appealing to alt right morons. he even went on anthony cumia's "network" lol for an interview with that guy who got fired from vice magazine, and if you watch that interview i think it reveals sam's intentions. he seems kind of uncomfortable with how earnest the guy is (gavin something) in his bigotry, missing the point of a lot of sam's humor. i think this is the risk you take when you're being incendiary for the sake of it, a number of your fans are going to be idiots.

if you followed the mde reddit you could distill their politics pretty easily though, it's pretty much typical delet+zeffolia+lumpy with bits of euro imperialism, libertanianism and all that comes with. this is actually sam's post i think and it's so clear that there's nothing to distill really: https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollarextreme/comments/3luw09/is_mde_becoming_more_right_leaning_from_a/cva0nd2

some of my favorite bits:

"Europe is in a dire situation: culture is being destroyed"

"This will continue until white people have been sucked dry"

"...losing these beautiful civilizations that took so long to create..."

"whites need to regain some sort of cohesive tribal self-interest and identity"

i wonder what would his natal chart said about him...

i think it's a bit of misguided punk bravado, like the most counter culture thing he can do is fight against an overriding liberal culture, which is probably also the culture he grew up around. it's impossible not to see that in all the early mde stuff, the yale and rutgers things, he's pushing back against what he probably perceives as political correctness. he's going to extremes with this show but it's all kind of misguided because it's obvious from that subreddit and his constant posting on /pol that he's appealing to alt right morons. he even went on anthony cumia's "network" lol for an interview with that guy who got fired from vice magazine, and if you watch that interview i think it reveals sam's intentions. he seems kind of uncomfortable with how earnest the guy is (gavin something) in his bigotry, missing the point of a lot of sam's humor. i think this is the risk you take when you're being incendiary for the sake of it, a number of your fans are going to be idiots.

spot on imo

Guest bitroast

spot on imo

damn. i'm finding it hard to disagree with this .. 

for me at least .. it plays into the whole, enjoying their style of comedy .. while not agreeing with anything else they're saying or represent.

// gonna cut this post short here before i end up repeating myself heh. 

agreed.

I can't really get a solid handle on what he really believes practically, i.e. what he thinks would be good policy, especially because of the deliberate obfuscation ("my assistant does all my social media shit", they troll everyone, etc").

in the end, the show/MDE material is funny. biting, hard-edged, confrontational humour has always been some of the best comedy has to offer, and has legitimate cultural value I feel. if I get the feeling that a line is being crossed where it could do literal harm to people, then that's another story, but this is far from that.

spot on imo

damn. i'm finding it hard to disagree with this ..

for me at least .. it plays into the whole, enjoying their style of comedy .. while not agreeing with anything else they're saying or represent.

// gonna cut this post short here before i end up repeating myself heh.

iirc there was a phone call with Sam and the vice guy where Sam seemed basically out of character (to whatever extent that's possible) and he's kind of calling out the vice guy's bullshit persona of "edginess."

I mean, if Sam went on reddit and said "yo this is me being real" and then proceeded to explain his entire comic persona and how he does not in fact hold the views he often presents (for example in his standup) it would kind of spoil the fun. One of the reasons something like his Williamsburg homophobic standup is so good is bc he never (afaik) makes a clear distinction between that character and his own personal views. This is one of the ways his material feels so uncomfortable. If he was like "lol I'm just trying to pwn liberals and simultaneously mock alt-right ideas" it wouldn't be that compelling.