IGNORED

Million Dollar Extreme's Youtube account got pulled down

gmanyo

I thought it was amazing

I was high as fuck though and accidentally stumbled upon it on the TV guide on adult swim and it was the surprise of a lifetime.  I had no idea this was even a thing and then I see it there waiting to be played in 15 minutes

It was glorious, I loved the ending bit with the girls using men as emotional tampon quasi prostitutes and getting arrested

Guest bitroast

i cant imagine vertical phone vids working in the tv episode format. it would feel too much like a zany sketch show with no air of reality to it. when you watch the vertical vids on youtube theres a weird sense of 'wtf is this??' 'is this for real??' that i just cant imagine working in the context of the show.

unless you're asking for nothing but a 10 minute stretch of vertical mom videos.. which is pretty much what has already been done .. during the (exactly that) long stretch of vertical mom videos that were being uploaded to youtube while back.

im happy theyre trying something different and working shit out on a different format.. be it successful or not :^>

Edited by bitroast

there's an air of reality to this thing? lol

anyway it's more that i think it would be amusing to see a fully budgeted television show done in the shittiest possible format, maybe for a sketch. i dunno, i'm not impressed with this ep either way. it's what i was worried they'd do. i guess i'm more thinking that you don't get a lot of chances to hit on tv. if this season isn't successful it might be rough for them to get any traction to fund further stuff. but maybe not. i have faith though, there's probably some good subversive, focused comedy coming in the next episodes. the hyper short adult swim format is what they needed to hone their writing, which was always kind of lacking in focus, so i'm hoping they manage to do that. i'd just like to see something more focused on satire like the yale campus stuff or the hundreds of self shot videos sam was doing. 

Edited by keanu reeves

Guest bitroast

i guess 'air of reality' is referring to me specifically stumbling onto MDE in the midst of the vertical vids being uploaded and only the vertical vids being uploaded at the time. i was aware that it was a comedy group and what not but there was an element of 'is this guy fucking insane??' 'am i watching this sam hyde dude losing his marbles??'. i think it was largely just me still adjusting to the insanity of what MDE was all about but yeah, there's the vaguest sense of those vids being grounded in reality. 

oh i thought you meant the show was grounded in reality. yeah, i had the same experience, i thought sam hyde was some try hard weaboo guy until i saw this

[youtubehd]tE_5Y9IKCk0[/youtubehd]

then immediately realized it was all a joke

sometimes it's good to sell out in the short term to be able to root in and branch out more in the long term

then use the power of photosynthesis to grow flowers & wait for some bees to help pollinate & spread your seed  

loiter squad, their show on adult swim. terrible. actually world peace is quite a bit better than that drivel, the mde editing style is still there. 

oh is actually odd future, going to skip that 

Oh my God

This episode is amazing.  Oh my God lmfao.  Rivals Utopia except they're clearly serious but pretending not to be

I didn't like that cut to the "adult swim executive directors" like it was some little blooper reel halfway through the movie.  Gay.  So surprised they were allowed to air this though

the wall show was good (the intro for each woman where they are running into walls is a major flol), the post-punk-80's-4AD-corporate-CEO bit had amazing potential but was kinda undercooked.

Edited by eugene

I thought the Wall Show sketch that takes up most of the episode's running time was too thematically similar to the previous episode's main sketch ("womyn r cuntz" etc), which made it feel redundant. But it was still enjoyable. This ep made me actually laugh, unlike the previous one (still like it though, the prev one I mean)

as most of chatmm knows by now I am one of MDE's biggest critics but The Wall bit in ep2 had me lolling hard.

The guys in the harnesses was straight out of reeves & mortimer. Brilliant.

Edited by hello spiral