Are you on the Autism Spectrum?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. What was your score?

• 0 - 10
    • 11 - 22
    • 23 - 31
    • 32 - 50

Guest Aserinsky

Sort of surprised that it was that low, I was officially diagnosed with Aspergers when I was 6 but I've been in and out of therapy since an extremely young age (started since I was selected as a subject for a study into ADHD when I was about 3, just took them a few years to come up with an accurate diagnosis), so that's probably lowered my score quite a bit.

To people who are disappointed with their scores: don't take the test too seriously, just because you got a lower score doesn't mean you're not diagnosed as autistic

fix't that for you, this is watmm remember

got 23 btw, i'm too dumb to be aspie

didn't they just remove aspergers as a medical diagnosis?

Yes, the DSM V is considering merging Asperger Syndrome with other high functioning autism diagnoses into a gradient diagnosis of autistic severity. So there will be a type A to type D form of Autism rather than classic autism, high functioning autism, Aspergers etc.

There was also a study conducted by the Chunky University Neurological Testing (CUNT for short) that discovered that Simon Baron-Cohen is actually an Isreli-Jew conspirator who invented Asperger Syndrome to turn children into homosexual Cultural Marxists and force oppressed white Christian males into parting with their hard earned money under the guise of taxes. The reason for doing so was to distract everyone from the planned Jew Invasion, where blacks and Muslims will force everyone to live under Sharia Law so the Jews channel their inner Thetan and escape unchallenged to their home planet with all of Earth's money.

This has also influenced the decision to rid Asperger Syndrome as a diagnosis.

It could of been higher - I actually answered more as myself "now" - I'm self-aware of a lot of tendencies I used to have that are red flags for asperger's - not reading faces, missed social cues, not getting sarcasm, hearing things literally, etc. I have to force myself to make eye contact still - strangely enough I can recognize faces really well though (like that Louis C.K. joke about people you "know" but actually don't know) but I'm shit with names.

I've never been tested officially, my parents never looked into it (they probably don't even know much about it now) but it would explain a lot. Not being diagnosed for anything, coupled with the fact that I moved a lot to completely different places, forced me to socialize often with other kids. I've always been awkward and had funny habits. It wasn't until college that I actively worked on things like politeness and being more personable. My then gf and now wife helped me a lot too, she's been so fucking patient over the years! I'm a far better person now, and I'll never shake off the positive aspects - my insatiable and often obsessive fascination of certain subjects in particular. 20 years ago it was remembering specs of military aircraft, now it's remembering the timbres of drum machines and breakbeats I hear sampled in songs.

Hm, I got 26 on that empathy quiz, which is kind of surprising. Reviewing my answers it seems to me like I was answering on the more empathic side of things. It seems like maybe it was interpreting my introverted aspects as indicating a lack of empathy (like solving my own problems), or it's assuming I have other reasons for choosing what I did --for instance I'm not too upset when I'm late to meet a friend because usually I'm on time but have noticed friends are usually late for things (many without fail), so if I'm late on an occasion it seems reasonable... and there almost always is a reason for being late. I think I get some weird results on these tests because I think about the questions a bit differently than would be ideal for it to be accurate. I like caring for people, I'm bothered by suffering, so why an abnormally low mark on the empathy quotient?

I'll never shake off the positive aspects - my insatiable and often obsessive fascination of certain subjects in particular. 20 years ago it was remembering specs of military aircraft, now it's remembering the timbres of drum machines and breakbeats I hear sampled in songs.

Haha, that's an awesome obsession.

Compared to people with Asperger's I have met, I know I'm just awkward and not autistic. But it's been slightly interesting to me since I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and found myself identifying with the narrator during some of his "unusual" moments. I scored a 29, which was a little uncomfortably higher than I expected.

I agree that the results can't be indicative of even having autistic behavior, but answering the questions is fun for self-reflection and the number results too for seeing where you fit relative to the averages. There's a couple more tests:

Empathy Quotient

Systemizing Quotient

which I scored 23 and 39, towards the autistic end from the average. I'm sure the first number is just due to moderate social dysfunction.

In the Empathy scored a 24 and in the other one i scored a 30.

This test are saying to me that i'm an average asshole with mild ocd. cool?

25. I knew something was wrong. However, this test does not sound very professional.

i'm pretty sure this is an abridged version of the actual inventory. however, i think the number of questions is probably high enough to maintain most of its validity or they wouldn't have posted it online and collected data from it.

idk guys, if the number you got bothers you, maybe try the real test at a psychologist's office. or just ignore it, because sharing traits with autistic people isn't bad.

@the anonymous forumite

people on the autism spectrum always place above 30+

The test results said that if you scored 23 and above, you were above average.

i'm talking about studies i've read where baron-cohen actually validates the test by having autistic and neurotypical people take it. he used 30+ as a cut-off for being on the autism spectrum. everyone with autism got at least 30, while some neurotypical people got over 30 (i think it was like 2 or 3 in a group of 30 participants, but don't quote me on that). anyway, i think the scoring might be modified on this version because it's shortened.

Got a 30, as I expected. I was diagnosed to have traits of Aspergers when I was young (while my brother does have Aspergers).

These tests are always difficult for me because I have a good group of friends who I really enjoy being social with, so I never want to answer questions as if I'm anti-social. But, socializing with people I haven't met before is usually a chore for me.

Edit:

Systems: 32 (Life species mean a lot to me, while I couldn't care less about numbers)

Empathy: 53

Eye Thing: 27 (I was expecting to get more of the female ones wrong, due to the fact that they were wearing a ton of eye makeup)

Edited by Murveman

Guest Dr. Bunsen Honeydew

I scored 43.

This type of test is by no means a diagnosis, obviously.

Should I see a doctor? whats to benefit? Do I get a card that gets me out of awkward situations?

Compared to people with Asperger's I have met, I know I'm just awkward and not autistic. But it's been slightly interesting to me since I read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and found myself identifying with the narrator during some of his "unusual" moments. I scored a 29, which was a little uncomfortably higher than I expected.

I agree that the results can't be indicative of even having autistic behavior, but answering the questions is fun for self-reflection and the number results too for seeing where you fit relative to the averages. There's a couple more tests:

Empathy Quotient

Systemizing Quotient

which I scored 23 and 39, towards the autistic end from the average. I'm sure the first number is just due to moderate social dysfunction.

Ha, i messed around with the empathy one and clicked Definitely Agree on every question. I came out with a score of 42 which is average for men.