IGNORED

Autechre - Webcast #4 (downloads here)

Guest jasondonervan

Don't forget the extraordinarily long (35 hours) xltronic.com webcast, unless that one's regarded as an exception for whatever reason. It's on archive.org and I was going to post a link; I see now it's also in the Downloads thread.

Are you sure about this one - the first one in the list (the almost 8 hour one) is the xltronic one, never heard of a 35 hour long webcast- do you have a link?

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jasondonervan

While working on the tracklist for the second broadcast last night, I started grabbing as many youtube links as I could find for the tracks we have so far. I've created a couple of video playlists, which should be handy for anyone just looking to pull up the odd track or two as and when. All tracks appear in the same order as in the broadcasts.

-

-

They're a work in progress obviously - also bear in mind that the first playlist is currently empty, but I'll get cracking on that when I can. (worth posting this in a separate thread?)

one of the problems or hesitations i have with editing the google doc is i know for a fact that there are songs, for instance a solo track from Mick Harris off the hednod sessions, but there is no blank row in the doc to insert it in. I'm worried im going to fuck up the whole document if it i play with any of the formatting. Should i just stop being a pussy and insert a new column?

While working on the tracklist for the second broadcast last night, I started grabbing as many youtube links as I could find for the tracks we have so far. I've created a couple of video playlists, which should be handy for anyone just looking to pull up the odd track or two as and when. All tracks appear in the same order as in the broadcasts.

-

-

They're a work in progress obviously - also bear in mind that the first playlist is currently empty, but I'll get cracking on that when I can. (worth posting this in a separate thread?)

When the broadcast was over, the almost empty chat had some people left. Someone was ID'ing most tracks and making a playlist of the second broadcast, here it is, maybe there is something new in there:

And I never heard of no 35 hour long broadcast!

Guest jasondonervan

one of the problems or hesitations i have with editing the google doc is i know for a fact that there are songs, for instance a solo track from Mick Harris off the hednod sessions, but there is no blank row in the doc to insert it in. I'm worried im going to fuck up the whole document if it i play with any of the formatting. Should i just stop being a pussy and insert a new column?

Go for it. Once you've inserted a new row, just copy the one above down into it (for the formatting), then clear it out to put in your track info.

Don't forget the extraordinarily long (35 hours) xltronic.com webcast, unless that one's regarded as an exception for whatever reason. It's on archive.org and I was going to post a link; I see now it's also in the Downloads thread.

Are you sure about this one - the first one in the list (the almost 8 hour one) is the xltronic one, never heard of a 35 hour long webcast- do you have a link?

There appear to be two xltronic mixes on archive.org - the 8-hour one (07:59:36), dated 30th December 2006, and also a 27-hour mix (26:59:59) dated 28th December. So 35 hours is the combined duration (sorry I didn't mention that before). Aside from those links I can see both in the downloads thread.

Guest wutherslgf

I registered an account just to make sure I could say thanks to jasondonervan and ae and everyone else for all this archival work. Last weekend was one of the best in recent memory, jamming on all that old hip-hop and electro. Thanks everybody!

2005/2008/2013 streams are available in the downloads section.

Hello - new member here signing up to say a BIIIG massive thanks to Jason for his work! Nice one! But I am still missing the 2005 webcast. Could someone please point me in the direction of the download section mentioned above by flurobox??

I was sad to see the tracklist get ruined earlier this week, but it was inevitable that someone would try to sort the list by timestamp and thoroughly fuck it up. Splitting them into 2 tabs definitely minimizes the risk - it looks awesome now so thanks to whoever cleaned it up and restored data from past versions.

I've been throwing timestamps in for some of the tracks at the bottom of the second webcast link. Eventually we can sort those to all be in order.

Full house :music:

9HQmgQS.jpg

Webcast # 1 wouldn't beavailable to d/l by any chance :-) ?? Just checking... hehe ...

Found it ... apologizing for this newbie questions.

Guest steadyJ

I was sad to see the tracklist get ruined earlier this week, but it was inevitable that someone would try to sort the list by timestamp and thoroughly fuck it up. Splitting them into 2 tabs definitely minimizes the risk - it looks awesome now so thanks to whoever cleaned it up and restored data from past versions.

I've been throwing timestamps in for some of the tracks at the bottom of the second webcast link. Eventually we can sort those to all be in order.

Others were active, but I put a hella lot of effort into trying to repair it. - moving chunks of data around and re-ordering, as well as painstakingly listening through Part 1 and moving the identified tracks to the right places.

Although the sort-by-timestamp was pretty disastrous,, the loss of all data after 4.40 of the second mix was probably worse. For some reason the "backup 5" and "backup 4" also went AWOL . But I see a lot of information has now been posted there, it looks like it must be at least 80% complete apart from the lack of times.. I'm still working primarily on Part1...

I have a question for the "owners" of the files. The "definitive", non-transcoded file for night 2 (the one called autechre - mixlr webcast 02 (03-04_03_2013).mp3 in a zip) has severe indexing problems that VLC cannot cope with so is no good for me to identify track times. Is there a better file?

Guest steadyJ

Well I've done pretty much all I can to night 1 tracklist. There are a handful of IDs required and the timings my need refining here and there, but overall its pretty complete and pretty tidy.

I'll start helping out on part 2 tomorrow

The level of co-operation for this has made me realise we're not a bunch of cold, arrogant trolls after all. I've come close to requesting a ban for myself several times over the past year but this has made sticking around just that little bit more worthwhile.

im assuming you're being sarcastic, but when people actually requested to be 'banned' to me it comes off as narcissitic. Like can't you just not go to watmm? It's not like your posting history will be erased, a record of you will always remain.

Well, it would have been mostly to ensure I don't come back for a while. I might consider it again in the future if I have a project I need to dedicate some serious time to (my last album took far too long due to internet distractions, watmm accounting for 75% of that distraction). Some of the stuff posted here makes me angry but I just can't look away.

To 'ban' yourself without invoking the mad-dog clause you can just select a bundle of random characters and copy-paste them into both the 'password' & 'confirm password' boxes. Then if you feel the urge later just hit the 'I forgot my password' thing to get it back.

You're thinking too straightforward and practicle. Some people have emotional needs for drama and stuff.

*yells a bit and goes off crying a river*

That's the tracklist of the sets AE played last weekend. They just provided it via their newsletter.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Alpd5T07zNgAdElEdVg1ejFvUGRaeGduNERNNkpMYmc&usp=sharing#gid=18

It's our tracklist, we're still in need to fulfill second show.

Just for the record guys it has been me that has spent several hours over the last 2 days restructuring and tidying up the tracklists after they got broken by idiot(s) unknown, and before JasonDonervan split the files (good idea)

I also managed to find some new IDs along the way using my sleuthing skills.

I have the advantage that I am off work due to illness but still have my mental faculties.

here is still a lot of work to be done, all help is welcomed I'm sure.

Jason I would ask it would be useful to have 2 copies of "extraneous data" also (one backup, one live), as I was deleting lines from this section when I found the right place for them in the tracklists. Pertty much everything in this sheet is in there somewhere.

And if anyone here goes all the way back to the IDM-L days Hyperreal all that, then yes, I am _that_ Steady J.

since you've put the diligent efforts in after a troll fucked it up, has the alternate (splunder remix) of AE's rendition of Surgeon been put in there yet? I'd love to get a rip of just that song, as far as im concerned it was the only new exclusive autechre that did anything for me. Im not really that excited by the alternate bike or that unidentified incunabula era track they played at the very end

Just edited time on that part - Splunder remix starts at 434:48 in Jason's file. I'll cut it for you ASAP since you're the one who contributed the most for its confirmation. Or maybe someone with more technical skills regarding no transcode could pull it off?

2005/2008/2013 streams are available in the downloads section.

Hello - new member here signing up to say a BIIIG massive thanks to Jason for his work! Nice one! But I am still missing the 2005 webcast. Could someone please point me in the direction of the download section mentioned above by flurobox??

Music Discussion ---> Downloads

Archived