IGNORED

Venetian Snares - printf<"shiver in eternal darkness/n">;

Venetian Snares has personally reissued his long oop 2000 album 'printf<"shiver in eternal darkness/n">;' on his Bandcamp page. It includes 3 bonus tracks; 1 never before released...

"Long out of print, originally released on Isolate Records in 2000. Bonus tracks Mismo Canibalismo and Diffuse Vertigo Jenny originally appeared alongside Salt and Intense Demonic Attacks on the Salt EP 12". Intense Demonic Attacks (Most Intense Remix) has remained unreleased until now. R.I.P. Wai Cheng."

744332052-1.jpg

Click HERE to go have a look!

Oh no! The function call uses parentheses, not inequality signs! Also there's a bug in the program. The escape sequences in C are done with backslash \ not with forward slash /!

</assburger>

Anyway, nice.

*waits for the Watmm's Snares hate to commence*

*waits for the Watmm's Snares hate to commence*

Why does WATMM hate VS?

I think somebody made a mistake of comparing him to RDJ.

32 quid for the cd on discogs, had no idea this was oop and sought after. Glad my ex left this in my collection :biggrin:

Got the salt 12" too, the unreleased track is aiight but not sure if I'd wanna pay fer it.

I remember meeting the Asian guy that ran Isolate in 2001. He's since passed away, from what I don't remember. Seemed like a really sweet genuine guy though. Remember him selling a Shitfuckers 12" to me at a Plaid show in the Bay Area.

I remember meeting the Asian guy that ran Isolate in 2001. He's since passed away, from what I don't remember. Seemed like a really sweet genuine guy though. Remember him selling a Shitfuckers 12" to me at a Plaid show in the Bay Area.

Is that the one that comes with instructions on how to give yourself an enema?

his name is Wai Cheng, a really great dude and was a huge inspiration for me with my own label as well as my music. He was using drum machines and hardware synths when it wasn't cool yet (before analord hehe) and sort of showed me the ropes of how to do a live set like that. Without him i wouldn't have known about OST/Dalglish, Nommo Ogo or Tomoroh Hidari. Since his passing I sort of felt it was my duty to get more music by these guys out there.

I remember vividly getting a phone call from him after waiting for 4 months with no responses at all from the 20-30 demos i sent out to various labels including Planet Mu (lol) Ghostly, Schematic. At first I wasn't sure why he was calling me. i assumed it was because he liked my CD but he didn't overtly tell me I was signed to Isolate until after we met in person and he felt me out. On the phone he was sort of cagey and was asking me questions mostly totally unrelated to music.At first I almost felt like i was going in for a job interview, but over time i realized he seemed genuinely interested in getting to know me as a person after all he had heard was the CD i sent him. No other label I've interacted with has insisted on the same personal touch.

His death was very sudden and tragic. The irony is I met some of my best friends through Wai and many others at his funeral that i probably wouldn't have met if he hadn't passed away. I wish he could have stuck around to see the fruits of his labor bloom in the way they have, Dalglish blowing up, Nommo Ogo heading an amazing collective putting on some of the best and weirdest parties in the bay area, 'dark' brooding electronic music making a come back and not being relegated to goth culture.. the list goes on. I think if he were alive today he'd be getting the praise and attention that he always deserved for being so ahead of the curve and maintaining autonomy from the passing trends in electronic music. I really fucking miss Wai :sad:.

really nice to read this, i've been thinking about him all week and was wondering more about him

apparently this 12" test print is here on ebay and is of two unreleased Optic tracks

maybe you could try to release them in his memory

what's the name of your label?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LISTEN-Optic-Unreleased-12-TEST-PRESSING-Venetian-Snares-Last-Step-IDM-GLITCH-/251247771416

his name is Wai Cheng, a really great dude and was a huge inspiration for me with my own label

odd, i wonder who this guy is who's selling this? Seems like he must have known wai to have a test pressing of unreleased material. A friend and I who both knew wai were planning on putting up for free on bandcamp his last unreleased Optic full length. Eventually it will happen. The label is recordlabelrecords

The favicon for Venetian Snare's bandcamp page is a black square. Perhaps Venetian Snares is Boards of Canada. Now that I think of it, their music sounds extremely similar

his name is Wai Cheng, a really great dude and was a huge inspiration for me with my own label as well as my music.

Praise Wai Cheng the uncelebrated champion of Bay Area electronic awesomeness! Rest in chilled electronic peace brother.

I'm like, wait, what? This CD is expensive now? It sat around forever and was worth nothing for years. Funny how these things happen. Apparently that Tycho CD on Merck is worth something now too. Weird.

I try to exert the full force of my mind on all the atoms so that they will mix and rearrange and fit exactly through the holes... in that wall.

I am punishing the atoms. I am making an example of them.An object lesson; a thing...

They'll let me pass through.

When he's gonna restart doing 3 albums per year? He's doing 1 album each 18 months nowadays, none in the past almost 3 years now (EP excluding, which are already few these days).

But printf is awesome. I'd love to see a hardcore-type release by him, none of this reggae shit please!

Archived