IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

3 hours ago, Stock said:

Congratulations!! I think papers submissions are always incredibly tiring and stressful. Out of curiosity, in which field do you work ??

I'm a chemical engineer by training, but this paper is on visual and haptic human perception of the viscosity of liquids.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Big Brain 1

24 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I'm a chemical engineer by training, but this paper is on visual and haptic human perception of the viscosity of liquids.

Sounds both very cool and also extremely complicated! Best of luck with the publication :flower:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Tonight I got hit on, offered a job, photographed, recognised by several people I don't remember meeting, complimented.. I know, it's a bit narcissistic, but it's just a big difference from nights out a couple years ago.. and tomorrow I'm seeing Aphex and Arca and Fever Ray with my friends! Woohoo!

• Like 6

Tonight I got hit on, offered a job, photographed, recognised by several people I don't remember meeting, complimented.. I know, it's a bit narcissistic, but it's just a big difference from nights out a couple years ago.. and tomorrow I'm seeing Aphex and Arca and Fever Ray with my friends! Woohoo!
you're definitely on 'the come up'

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So far in the last month or two, been hit on by a guy in a rickshaw, a guy on a moped, a guy in a car, a guy on foot, and just now a guy on a bike.. just need a guy on a speedboat and a guy in a hang glider and I'll be the transportation succubus

Apparently all it takes is a bit of visible skin

tbf someone at field day called me a floozy haha my favourite compliment

Edited by hoggy
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, hoggy said:

So far in the last month or two, been hit on by a guy in a rickshaw, a guy on a moped, a guy in a car, a guy on foot, and just now a guy on a bike.. just need a guy on a speedboat and a guy in a hang glider and I'll be the transportation succubus

Apparently all it takes is a bit of visible skin

tbf someone at field day called me a floozy haha my favourite compliment

Well good thing you havenโ€™t been hit BY those things. Youโ€™d be in much worse shapeย :emotawesomepm9:

• Haha 1

Just now, YEK said:

Well good thing you havenโ€™t been hit BY those things. Youโ€™d be in much worse shapeย :emotawesomepm9:

No they all controlled their vehicles to follow me down the street at a 2 meter distance

• Like 1

started dating an amazing woman who, in a span of about 90 seconds, asked whether I liked boards of canada (she played wildlife analysis) followed by asking if i was into john fahey. unngh! she has no social media accounts. she's a painter. she's smart as hell. she enjoys my rants about metaphysics. she's got a great relationship with her family. we play the same videogames. she bosses me around in the kitchen. she's witchy and skeptical at the same time. she's the same height as me (6'3") and gets real bitey/scratchy when she's excited. already got & gave a few bruises. absolute wifey material. luke is happy.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, luke viia said:

started dating an amazing woman who, in a span of about 90 seconds, asked whether I liked boards of canada (she played wildlife analysis) followed by asking if i was into john fahey. unngh! she has no social media accounts. she's a painter. she's smart as hell. she enjoys my rants about metaphysics. she's got a great relationship with her family. we play the same videogames. she bosses me around in the kitchen. she's witchy and skeptical at the same time. she's the same height as me (6'3") and gets real bitey/scratchy when she's excited. already got & gave a few bruises. absolute wifey material. luke is happy.

Damn, man. And all of that in 90 seconds? Put a ring on it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2023 at 9:46 AM, luke viia said:

Don't leave us hanging.

A new Warhammer show I've done the sound design premiered two weeks ago and one of the big WH YouTubers is VERY positive about the whole thing. Made my heart melt.

ย Seeing people's reactions has been absolutely amazing. Couldn't be happier!

• Like 1

On 9/27/2023 at 7:15 AM, Squee said:

Don't leave us hanging.

it's great. she's awesome. she lives a few hours away and neither of us have had a long distance relationship before so we're figuring that out. lots of phone calls and short visits. I don't connect romantically with many people (neither does she) so this has felt really really lucky. the way we came to know each other involved near Woo levels of coincidence... not about to ignore that.ย 

• Like 2

On 9/30/2023 at 12:17 AM, luke viia said:

it's great. she's awesome. she lives a few hours away and neither of us have had a long distance relationship before so we're figuring that out. lots of phone calls and short visits. I don't connect romantically with many people (neither does she) so this has felt really really lucky. the way we came to know each other involved near Woo levels of coincidence... not about to ignore that.ย 

Nice, man!
Long distance relationships can be difficult, but as long as you're both new to that and know that you're new to it and can talk about it then you're on the right course.

Just moved into our new house. I feel like I'm in a hotel. Everything smells weird and I still had to drive to our old place to work in my studio. We've been looking for a new place for 3 years and we finally found something that gives us a rural feel while we're only 8 minutes away from the city center. I'm still kinda worried about the financials, but I'm sure that'll all lock into place once we've paid the first couple of bills and hopefully know that we can do this.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Nice, man!
Long distance relationships can be difficult, but as long as you're both new to that and know that you're new to it and can talk about it then you're on the right course.

Just moved into our new house. I feel like I'm in a hotel. Everything smells weird and I still had to drive to our old place to work in my studio. We've been looking for a new place for 3 years and we finally found something that gives us a rural feel while we're only 8 minutes away from the city center. I'm still kinda worried about the financials, but I'm sure that'll all lock into place once we've paid the first couple of bills and hopefully know that we can do this.

Nice! Do you have a new studio space figured out?

Edited by YEK

7 hours ago, YEK said:

Nice! Do you have a new studio space figured out?

The new shed is in place and Iโ€™m currently building basstraps. So almost!

Here it isย 

IMG_5307.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Squee said:

The new shed is in place and Iโ€™m currently building basstraps. So almost!

Here it isย 

IMG_5307.jpeg

Ace! Please name it the slanty shanty.

• Farnsworth 1

just got an email from a friend (well, former fling, but mostly friend) that I haven't talked to in, I dunno, 15 years?? she's gonna be in my area for a death cab for cutie concert (I will not be attending lol) and we're gonna go get coffee and catch up. nice surprise, brightened my day.

also I am DONE moving out of my apartment in the city and just got my deposit check in the mail. I'm also done dealing with my shitty old job, finally, and I will be grateful to never speak to my old boss again. gods what a crazy person she is.ย 

also it's a really nice day, no work, just finished some household chores and am now in full bored housewife mode, drinking some Day Wine like a lush. dunno who I'm kidding, I'm a lush most of the time. maybe I'll find a lush pad to live in.ย 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, luke viia said:

just got an email from a friend (well, former fling, but mostly friend) that I haven't talked to in, I dunno, 15 years?? she's gonna be in my area for a death cab for cutie concert (I will not be attending lol) and we're gonna go get coffee and catch up. nice surprise, brightened my day.

Careful now.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...