IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

• 3 weeks later...

Don’t wanna jinx it but can’t keep silent either. Basically landed my for the time-being and realistically achievable dream job. 3 days in and haven’t been fired yet. So happy! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, user said:

Don’t wanna jinx it but can’t keep silent either. Basically landed my for the time-being and realistically achievable dream job. 3 days in and haven’t been fired yet. So happy! 

NICE!
What job is it? You can be vague if you want to.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ignatius said:

for your head or for the floor?

For the floor man it's so good every time i see it i stop for a sec and think fuck yeah this is a good rug. Was dead cheap too.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, milkface said:

For the floor man it's so good every time i see it i stop for a sec and think fuck yeah this is a good rug. Was dead cheap too.

nice. i like a good rug for a good price. 

• Like 2

On 11/6/2023 at 10:20 PM, Squee said:

NICE!
What job is it? You can be vague if you want to.

Cheers!                    

It's not exactly a high-profile or high-status job but it's a small world and I've shared a lot on here (and intend to continue doing so without any regrets) so will keep the exact location vague, but thanks for asking as I'm dying to share more ; -)

The job is doing building maintenance for a modern-art museum. I've always felt most at home working at cultural institutions like music venues, museums and so forth, but always as a hired tech/3rd party, and in a different capacity that I had to say goodbye to.Now I get to roam the endless utillity tunnels and exhibitions, frollick around the workshops stocking up my toolcart attempting to solve puzzles ranging from leaking roofs and stuck elevators to helping figure out the restoration techs how they can improve their lab and trying to retrieve some stuck artifacs from a cavity wall accomodating Metzinger and Picasso. Might sound a bit strange or inappropriately grandiose but I feel liberated after 5+ years of defaulting myself into perfectly fine and not at all horrible but zero-perspective minimum wage jobs.           

Ooof, apologies for the syntax and punctuation. Saturday night.

Edited by user
  • Like 6

On 11/8/2023 at 12:03 AM, milkface said:

On 11/8/2023 at 12:17 AM, ignatius said:

nice. i like a good rug for a good price. 

Reminds me of that german dude on here who sanded his analog four and then went onto a quest into the sahara for berber tapestries involving acid fuelled bargaining sessions spanning multiple days. Was also quite confident that owning the latest iphone would positively impact his copulation coefficient.

Edited by user
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
16 minutes ago, decibal cooper said:

renewed my watmm subscription, can now post pics of wildlife and nine eleven memes to my heart's content 

🐈‍⬛❤️ ✈️ 😈

Back in 2008 you could post tits as well.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 2

1 hour ago, Squee said:

Back in 2008 you could post tits as well.

Imma post a tit

Spoiler

A Marsh Tit (it's a kind of birb):

Edited by decibal cooper

On 10/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, milkface said:

Bought a fuckin sick looking rug today

Does it tie the room together?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruising for burgers said:

just spent 400 bucks in 16 LP's I've been seeking for a long time in Lima, Peru 🇵🇪

most sleeves condition M\P but media condition Near fucking Mint 🥹 on discogs...

will post pics l8r in the latest record purchases thread...

That’s a lot of records!

• Like 1