IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Nah, health insurance (benefits like paramedical, prescriptions etc) here is generally covered/paid for by employers (though the quality varies greatly). Most primary health care (doctors,  hospitals, life saving shit like cancer treatment etc) are covered under public health care for a low cost per year (I think 200-1000/yr).

That's vehicle and home insurance. My original company wanted $751/month, new company $501/month.  :cool:

edit: that's a lot of extra beer I can afford now.

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

you must have a lot of shit. my flat contents is insured upto £25,000 for like £175 a year. thats the only insurance i pay. 

realised immediately afterward posting that that i dont own my flat, so the insurance is only contents. still, 5 grand a year in insurance is crazy.

Edited by messiaen

It's mostly the vehicles tbh - the house insurance (contents and the property itself) is $960/yr (about £575?). That's not too bad when you consider it covers rebuilding the house! 

What would it cost to insure one vehicle there do you think?

Damn, another game I'm working on has been spotted by GameInformer and Jonathan Cooper (animator at Naughty Dog) out of nowhere

https://www.gameinformer.com/preview/2018/08/15/eat-your-heart-out-coraline

You can hear some of the sound design and music at the end of the video. This is from an old target render though. The end product will look even better.

I accidentally dropped my smart phone about 15 feet, but it hit a pile of clothes/towels I had carelessly thrown on the floor due to being a total slob.  From there it slid gently onto the hard wood floor, completely unscathed.  Still haven't bought a case for it, though I don't think it would have helped if my mess pile weren't there to cushion its fall.

I accidentally dropped my smart phone about 15 feet, but it hit a pile of clothes/towels I had carelessly thrown on the floor due to being a total slob.  From there it slid gently onto the hard wood floor, completely unscathed.  Still haven't bought a case for it, though I don't think it would have helped if my mess pile weren't there to cushion its fall.

Clear evidence that you should never clean your room.

I accidentally dropped my smart phone about 15 feet, but it hit a pile of clothes/towels I had carelessly thrown on the floor due to being a total slob. From there it slid gently onto the hard wood floor, completely unscathed. Still haven't bought a case for it, though I don't think it would have helped if my mess pile weren't there to cushion its fall.

How fucking tall are you?

I accidentally dropped my smart phone about 15 feet, but it hit a pile of clothes/towels I had carelessly thrown on the floor due to being a total slob. From there it slid gently onto the hard wood floor, completely unscathed. Still haven't bought a case for it, though I don't think it would have helped if my mess pile weren't there to cushion its fall.

lol

ec2d87b30bb62a1d2f64d3abb54cbf7e.jpg

Clear evidence that you should never clean your room.

My friend actually offered to clean it for me when she saw the state it was in, in exchange for dog sitting I've been doing for her.  But my reaction was a bit too much on the indifferent side for her to jump to it.  And it's a good thing!  Had she cleaned my room my phone would have a giant crack in the screen at the very least.  Sorry JB Peterson if you're reading this.

Haha.  Short, but my bed's in a loft.

Been battling with something interfering with my wi-fi signal in my apartment for a couple weeks now (too many xfinity routers in one area im sure). Reset the router a dozen times, moved it, etc. Finally had to look up how to go in and manually change the signal channels, after a bit of fucking around it seems like I got it. Still probably need a wi-fi range extender to consistently  reach the bedroom in the back, but it seems MUCH better tonight than it has been. 

Edited by ghOsty

A director who has been nominated to my country’s equivalent to an Oscar has just asked me to make music for his next film.

beast. 

i finally just got an EP signed for the first time in my life.

Played a bingo covering 2 double word scores in Scrabble.  It's one of those moves that seems like it should be reasonably common, but almost never happens.  Not sure I've ever pulled it off until now... definitely not while this inebriated.  Far greater FWS than it should be.  Sad.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

watching this movie for the 100th time tonight

51BxkZCWnZL._SS500_.jpg

and remembered this girl in the movie

lucy-deakins-the-great-outdoors-the-grea

gorgeous girl

i did some imdb research and turns out she's in this movie

41TFV6WJ93L._SY445_.jpg

which i saw in theatre in 1989, i was 5

80e24c0130bb6a60a3a63b20706dcf3f.jpg

it appears she's a lawyer from denver colarado now

I got bored enough on one slow day at work that I memorized 150 digits of pi well enough that I can still consistantly recall them 2 weeks later.

A director who has been nominated to my country’s equivalent to an Oscar has just asked me to make music for his next film.

Awesome! Congratulations! Keep me/us informed on the film, please.

Yek, you have good judgement and taste, sir. I first saw Cheetah in 1990 or 1991 when I was 4 or 5. The Great Outdoors is still one of my favourites. That girl was absolutely an instant crush.

First world victory of being born in the 1980s: Best time to be a wee child. Want to have a nap? Your mother is already wearing pillows on her shoulders.

I went to some fundraiser in a hip bar (new gf's people) and they had this raffle to raise the money

HUONN7G.jpg

When I walked in I was like "ok........I'm having the pants, they will be mine"

Bought £10 worth of tickets

I won the fucking pants

The my gf is saying "oh they're my ex-housemate's, they were tailored for her. They won't fit you"

oh yeah?

COLzyl5.jpg

UEK1b3X.jpg