IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

is there some way you can stay away from heights, sharp objects, electrical devices, motors, reactive substances, built-up areas and sunlight? for your health.

Yeah, I must say, from the years of reading your posts in fwp, I frequently find myself wondering how you manage to leave the house fully dressed and with your shoes tied in the morning.

Not in a mean way, just a real "huh" way.

needed to buy a particular keyboard at a branch of a pc parts retailer that i seriously despise because no other shops in the area had it. so in order to stay off their computerized grid completely i spoke english and identified as an american tourist without any suitable identification nor a local phone number. they still insisted that they needed some kind of name to input into the system so i went with doug prishpreed. i nearly cracked up and broke character when the salesperson typed the last name incorrectly (as "prishprid") and i fell compelled to correct him. gonna do this much more in the future.

Edited by eugene

I misheard a Swans lyric as something way more interesting than it actually is.  Googled the line to see if someone else had used it.  It's such a simple yet strong lyric that I thought for sure someone had used it already... or misheard the Swans line the same way I did.  But no results!  So I'm going to use it in one of my own songs.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

I misheard a Swans lyric as something way more interesting than it actually is.  Googled the line to see if someone else had used it.  It's such a simple yet strong lyric that I thought for sure someone had used it already... or misheard the Swans line the same way I did.  But no results!  So I'm going to use it in one of my own songs.

what if I told you

Now is the time for you and I to cut our blow together, yeah

All through the night

I'll save you from the terror on the screen, I'll make you see

That this is thriller, thriller night

for the first time in my life, im moving flat prepared. 

i spent a month saving up 20 big, sturdy plastic veg delivery boxes from work

sn190_green.jpg

(ive also just noticed while looking for a picture that is actually 200 quids worth of plastic boxes. 

everything is neatly stacked and ready to move tommorow, i paid for a delivery van instead of a mates car, which usually takes 4 trips, ive already got my new flat keys, and ive got tommorow to move, and also tuesday to get everything set up and in place. 

every other time ive moved flat, its been the most disgusting, horrible experience possible. last time i actually had to move my stuff up the stairs myself between 12-2 am in 45 trips up and down 3 flights of stairs, i couldnt walk the next day. 

what if I told you

Haha:)

I was thinking the same thing

At the Cannes Media and Corporate TV Award late last week three projects I've done the sound design and mix for ended up winning 5 awards (including best documentary and best social media/short film). Pretty fucking awesome.

Purchasing a new home and everything is magically falling into place even though odds were stacked against us. 

Our first house sold, the buyers cleared their conditions early, and the house we put an offer in on had a massive price reduction + the family selling to us agreed to basically a month from now as a possession day despite them having 3 kids and their new house isn't built yet. 

We were in a precarious position as our existing home had already sold, and we knew our buying conditions were hard to meet. If the buying end didn't go through we would have been homeless.

But somehow it worked. =)

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj