IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Guest Frankie5fingers

gave a 30 min presentation, a 2 hour long poster session to the entire facility, and submited 2 research papers this week. with this my NASA internship is finally coming to a close and while i am sad, it was fucking awesome. now, for the rest of the week i can do whatever the hell i want. Time to waste taxpayer's money!

Turned in a literature review, a book review and gave an hour long presentation on the Japanese bubble and crisis from 1985 to 1998.

Last day of classes this term. 3 more papers to get done by the 19th/20th.

Guest disparaissant

a class i helped design and get approved is going to be taught next semester.

that's gonna look good on a grad school application...

today.....a group psychological testing for job...3 1/2 hrs long fakn fak

psychologist: "how was it? don't worry if you didn't solved the iq tests completely cause you couldn't anyway. they weren't design to be solvable completely in the set period of time."

me: "wasn't that hard. it was fun actually...solved all of them completely."

psychologist: **silent mode**

:trollface:

Guest disparaissant

my favorite podcast (sawbones) did an episode that i suggested on twitter! it's the history of wilhelm reich. haven't had a chance to listen to most of it yet, but they did thank me for the idea, and also pronounced my name right!

Got a 22.5% raise at a business dinner, plus a 10% bonus. Also, finalized my investment to become a 3.33% owner in the company with its expansion on the way this coming spring. Not much of an owner but we should be seeing at least 25% expansion on a business that already makes $500k a year in profit. My math tells me that I am about to start making first world money.

hooray-zoidberg.jpg

gave a 30 min presentation, a 2 hour long poster session to the entire facility, and submited 2 research papers this week. with this my NASA internship is finally coming to a close and while i am sad, it was fucking awesome. now, for the rest of the week i can do whatever the hell i want. Time to waste taxpayer's money!

Congrats dude. Sounds like you've earned it.

I found an unusual strand of hair protruding from my right eyebrow a little while ago. I thought it might've been some stray hair until I started pulling on it. It was just an unusually long eyebrow hair. Anyway, I managed to pluck that fucker and dispose of it.

My metal screams are getting disturbingly good.

Excellent. By the way, I downloaded AMV - I Hope You Have... album earlier this year, and it's top notch. Is there more on the way? Downloading Twenty-Eight now, which I somehow missed before.

Guys, modey makes good metal.

My metal screams are getting disturbingly good.

Excellent. By the way, I downloaded AMV - I Hope You Have... album earlier this year, and it's top notch. Is there more on the way? Downloading Twenty-Eight now, which I somehow missed before.

Guys, modey makes good metal.

oh thanks! That 'album' was a whole lot of fun to make, so I'll probably do another one pretty soon. My new band should also be recording some stuff soon, but we're more industrial/synthy/serious than the AMV stuff, haha.

Guest disparaissant

i've been too busy writing papers to get around to studying for an exam this morning.

i took a cursory glance at the study guide, and googled the one term i had no familiarity with whatsoever. took about 15 seconds.

sat down in class, opened the exam.

five and a half minutes later, i finished it.

got a 93.33%

i am pretty goddamn pleased with myself right now, thank you very much.

What kind of exam can you write in five and half minutes?

My FWS - got made a fellow at the research institute where I am doing my Masters. Pretty happy bout that. Now if I could only finish these goddamned papers..lol

What kind of exam can you write in five and half minutes?

My FWS - got made a fellow at the research institute where I am doing my Masters. Pretty happy bout that. Now if I could only finish these goddamned papers..lol

Philosophy exam- Just write WHY? and you get 93.3%

What are you doing for your Masters degree chenGOD?

Guest disparaissant

haha it was only half of the exam. the first half was an 8 page take home essay. i have no idea how i did on that. probably not too well, considering i checked out of this class like 2 months ago. the half that i finished in 5.5 minutes was multiple choice and all the answers were ludicrously obvious. one of them was along the lines of:

Which of these is NOT a nontraditional family?

• a single mother raising two children
  • two women raising a child together
  • a mother, a father, and their adopted child
  • a mother, a father, and their biological children

herp derp.

lol was this anthro 101 or something? I remember questions like that on one of my anth 100 midterms. Fun class though. And speaking of anthropology my university has achieved somewhat of a first world success by hiring Wade Davis.

I might be able to audit one of his classes. That would be fun as hell.

Guest disparaissant

nah it was a 100 level history class called "a history of family and sex roles in the past"

i took it because i needed one more sub-300 level history class, and it was also cross listed with women's studies and lgbt studies. so it was a triple whammy.

it was, however, incredibly boring, and the professor was literally the worst public speaker i have ever had the displeasure of being forced to listen to for 100 minutes a week. and the discussion section was utterly useless, despite the best efforts of the TA.

Guest Frankie5fingers

oh my god this is the greatest christmas ever! so NASA finally decided to pay me for the time during the furlough and the check came in the mail today!

Guest disparaissant

got 3 out of my 4 grades back. even if i fail that last class, which is rather unlikely, i'll still have a 3.0 for the semester.