IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

i got a job $20/hr dolla dolla bills y'all

Congrats. I'm both happy for you and jealous at the same time.

Finally got a USB-powered cooling pad for my laptop and already seeing better performance. It doesn't get hot now like it did before, all this time.

Also found an 8GB RAM card online specific to my 4.5 y/o laptop, so I can double its speed from the current 4GB. Have to wait til next payday to place the order tho.

Edited by ambermonk

Guest disparaissant

Got FCEUX running at full speed on my Raspberry Pi with an old xbox 360 controller. Currently in NES heaven.

Finally got a USB-powered cooling pad for my laptop and already seeing better performance. It doesn't get hot now like it did before, all this time.

Also found an 8GB RAM card online specific to my 4.5 y/o laptop, so I can double its speed from the current 4GB. Have to wait til next payday to place the order tho.

Ah, I knew overheating one's laptop can wreck the insides but I didn't know keeping 'er cooled actually had a tangible performance boost. My sister has a usb cooler that never gets used so I'm totally going to start using that when I'm running DAWs and performance-heavy stuff.

Apparently it might be possible to see the aurora borealis over Northern Ireland tonight so I'm going on a road trip with some friends with tunes and drinks and weed to find somewhere without any light pollution. Should be awesome :emotawesomepm9:

You get the aurora there too? That's cool. Tourists like to flock here in Alaska every winter to come see it too, particularly folks from Japan.

Yeah the USB cooler I bought does seem to improve my laptop's performance. But better yet, the RAM upgrade I ordered last week should be arriving in a few days.

Edited by ambermonk

Few days ago I bought 3 Napa Valley cassette tape shelves (100 tapes each), 3 8-track cartridge shelves (36 tapes each), and 6 plastic modular tape holders (8 each), all for $15 bucks.

One to the studio, one to help clear my head in order to complete my Autechre tribute track, one home from the studio, one because I was drunk and really wanted to go on another. That was one of the best bike rides ever.

Ah, I knew overheating one's laptop can wreck the insides but I didn't know keeping 'er cooled actually had a tangible performance boost. My sister has a usb cooler that never gets used so I'm totally going to start using that when I'm running DAWs and performance-heavy stuff.

Apparently it might be possible to see the aurora borealis over Northern Ireland tonight so I'm going on a road trip with some friends with tunes and drinks and weed to find somewhere without any light pollution. Should be awesome :emotawesomepm9:

You get the aurora there too? That's cool. Tourists like to flock here in Alaska every winter to come see it too, particularly folks from Japan.

Yeah the USB cooler I bought does seem to improve my laptop's performance. But better yet, the RAM upgrade I ordered last week should be arriving in a few days.

We don't normally get it, no. Last week's thing was because of some sort of abnormal solar event, apparently. In the event it was too cloudy and we saw fuck-all. One day...

I replaced the apparently very old aerator on our kitchen sink faucet for $3.49 and it has significantly improved my quality of life.

Good water can change your whole day. I felt like this after getting a filter in my old apartment.