IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

However you can keep your portion sizes. Seriously - went to red robin and ordered a burger - was a struggle to finish and then I felt ill - luckily i shat it all out about an hour after consumption. So that's another FWS!

we had an ex-Marine working in our office for a while who talked all the time about how insufferably small the portions are in Australia :shrug: I guess American stomachs can handle it.

I mean the food itself was actually not bad - but seriously cut the portion sizes in half. Even the sandwich we shared for lunch at Mt. Baker was ridiculously huge. Might reduce some of the incidences of morbid obesity.

It's quite crazy - I've weened myself off of big portions, fast food, sugar, etc. it in order to avoid weight gain and generally stay healthy. It works out great: my wife and I split most entrees at chain restaurants, the rare times we go to such places with friends or family. When I was a teen I could eat large amounts, but metabolism changes and all. My sister and brother are in the USAF and can pack down more than I can these days, but they also work out to meet physical standards.

Lot of huge portion sizes are for meals with a lot of filler to begin with: I literally get more full from a decent sized vegetarian meal than say, pigging out at McDonalds or somewhere like that. There's a huge difference between the cuisine available and portions literally from one part of town to another, or suburbs and ex-burbs versus urban neighborhoods. Some parts of America are truly "corn-fed."

Edited by joshuatx

However you can keep your portion sizes. Seriously - went to red robin and ordered a burger - was a struggle to finish and then I felt ill - luckily i shat it all out about an hour after consumption. So that's another FWS!

I'm relieved to know I am not the only one this happened to. I went there a month ago on a whim and barely ate half of the burger then proceeded to have hardcore meat-farts and christ-affirming bowel movements an hour after eating the western burger.

We survived. :sad:

Guest disparaissant

it's gonna be close to -40 again tomorrow so they cancelled school.

which would be okay (i mean i LIKE school but whatever) except that i have a class tomorrow that only meets once a week and in lieu of discussing the readings i now have to write three pages on them.

which would be okay (i mean i LIKE school but whatever) except that i have a class tomorrow that only meets once a week and in lieu of discussing the readings i now have to write three pages on them.

It went from (celcius) +14 on saturday to -18 today. I mean, not to minimize how cold -40 is (I know what that's all about) but the drastic change in temperature gives me massive headaches.

meh, belongs in the fwp thread probably. sorry lol.

what are you studying?

Guest disparaissant

oops I meant to post that in fwp. school getting cancelled is kinda nice tho.

I'm studying history and women's studies.

Guest disparaissant

this is very true

i tallied up how many pages i have to write this semester based on all my syllabi and it's pretty close to 200. half original research, half theory. THAT'S gonna be fun.

Guest disparaissant

there are a couple subjects i could easily and happily write a book about, so i'll definitely be going with a thesis.

Went to the DMV to take the knowledge test, they needed my high school diploma (which i didnt have, left it at home) to complete that 6 id points thing, went back later with the diploma and they told me my ATM card wasn't valid because it didnt show my middle name, now i have to ask the bank to change the name in my ATM card (which will probably take 1-2 weeks)

i was so bummed out i took the 5 dollars i had left in my wallet and bought scratch offs, won 12 dollars, bought 12 dollars more of scratch offs, won another 12, then bought another 12 and won nothing.

Maybe i should be nicer to Limpyloo, negativity affects your luck mmm universe.

Took a semi-managerial position at a shop branch closer to home. Commute is a leisurely 40min walk, or five mins on the tube, as opposed to an hour and a bit to an awkward part of West London. So I save £100 on travel a month.

Plus the customers are SO MUCH NICER.

I was so used to being treated with utter contempt that I was blown over by how normal the people in the new location are. An old lady gave me a cough sweet and told me to take it easy the other week when I had a cold.

Plus plus I had my first review with my manager recently who basically said I'm doing an awesome job.

Plus plus plus he mentioned liking Autechre after asking what I was listening to one morning, so I got to burn him a couple of EP's he'd never heard for a music swap of sorts.

sweet. Are you gonna sneak into his room and see if he'll give you some of that rum of his for a blowjorb. ("you gatta take in ahl the way now") ;-p

I bought a bottle of that rum last year, it was mild. Bit boring. Probably not worth the blowjob hassle.

I said hello from a respectful distance. I don't want to catch anything from being in the same air space as him.

He looks like a kind homeless person.

RJ was standing in front of me in a ferry line-up once. It was the tallest I'd ever felt. Within 5 minutes of boarding he was passed out in his seat near the kid's play area section, head back, mouth hanging open. Apparently he has bad narcolepsy.