IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Found one of these in the loft in my parents' house. It's a Sanyo portable cassette recorder from 1970ish:

5590671744_0736dbe92a_z.jpg

Comes with a built-in microphone which is less than worthless, but hooked up to a decent mic it's awesome for lo-fi wow, flutter, hiss and shenanigans. Off to experiment with it now, PEACE FOOLS

Fell asleep on my back last night. I feel amazing, it's probably much better quality of sleep. But I sprawl with my neck to the side on my stomach. It's really horrific the shapes I can get into when sleeping. I passed out coffin-style for no reason. Just got super tired.

Stayed home from work today because I felt dizzy.

What did you do all day?

There are things to do besides work?

I don't know how anyone could sleep on their stomach, feels weird immediately.

I sleep on my stomach as well, with my head pointing to the left. I can't fall asleep on my back I don't know why! I know it's not good for me.

people sleeping on their back are more likely to snore, and choke to death when they're asleep. i sleep with my head to the side and have a curled shoulder with the rest of my front oriented towards the bed, so that's sleeping on your stomach i spose. I recall that there was a millitant childrearing concept in the 60s and 70s that said you had to force children to sleep on their backs, or they'll die from SIDS and god knows what other pointless justifications, you know how these things are. My uncle and his wife used to secure their two daughters whilst they were toddlers, to force them on their backs whilst they were sleeping. Perhaps this has caused some who have grown up now to have a preference for sleeping on their back, and continued the wives tale. Personally i think you sleep whichever way you are comfortable so that you can get the best night's sleep, your body knows what to do. Getting a good nights sleep is of paramount importance, over and above and shallow reasoning about your orientation whilst at rest. After that, making sure your diet and exercise are up to snuff is most important, they all feed into your overall well being.

Due to allergies i breath through my mouth, which dries it out so causes increased saliva production to compensate. This continues whilst i am sleeping, so it's probably a good idea my head is to the side, lest i drown on my own drool, heh.

people sleeping on their back are more likely to snore, and choke to death when they're asleep. i sleep with my head to the side and have a curled shoulder with the rest of my front oriented towards the bed, so that's sleeping on your stomach i spose. I recall that there was a millitant childrearing concept in the 60s and 70s that said you had to force children to sleep on their backs, or they'll die from SIDS and god knows what other pointless justifications, you know how these things are. My uncle and his wife used to secure their two daughters whilst they were toddlers, to force them on their backs whilst they were sleeping. Perhaps this has caused some who have grown up now to have a preference for sleeping on their back, and continued the wives tale. Personally i think you sleep whichever way you are comfortable so that you can get the best night's sleep, your body knows what to do. Getting a good nights sleep is of paramount importance, over and above and shallow reasoning about your orientation whilst at rest. After that, making sure your diet and exercise are up to snuff is most important, they all feed into your overall well being.

Due to allergies i breath through my mouth, which dries it out so causes increased saliva production to compensate. This continues whilst i am sleeping, so it's probably a good idea my head is to the side, lest i drown on my own drool, heh.

:cerious:

I can read Thomas Pynchon with some concentration but I cannot parse this at all. What are you on about man?

Edited by Bechuga

I can read Thomas Pynchon with some concentration but I cannot parse this at all. What are you on about man?

you should've seen the posts he came out with back on the planet-mu board, he's crystal clear in comparison these days.

one day you will achieve enlightenment. Be it of the philosophical kind, or just losing braincells and passing them as waste. If you achieve the former you will understanding this statement as well as the prior.

BleSs ... [-;

What are you on about man?

Also to not be a total wanksnor, the bit in bold is the most relevant to the flow of the conversation.

Then why not delete this part out:

Your post eats itself up like a snake eating its tail.

Edited by Bechuga

Found one of these in the loft in my parents' house. It's a Sanyo portable cassette recorder from 1970ish:

Comes with a built-in microphone which is less than worthless, but hooked up to a decent mic it's awesome for lo-fi wow, flutter, hiss and shenanigans. Off to experiment with it now, PEACE FOOLS

wow that's very nice looking

That's Awesome!

I picked up the Korg: Little Bits synth kit for really cheap with my employee discount from work. I didn't even know we sold these things but our backroom manager recently went through the back extensively and took account of all the inventory. We had 3 of these kits around, so I bought one. I'm really surprised at how capable it actually seems to be. Gonna have a ton of fun experimenting with the different modules. I'm gonna buy the USB attachment as well so I can route it into my interface and eventually record with it.

12027609_10153176308726089_7008887499557

Edited by ghOsty

Working from home today.

I've always wondered - how does it feel to stay at home and work?

I used to sell drugs as a late teen and would always at my place with people coming in and out, but there's no tax record and a lot of paranoia there. I wouldn't recommend it. Yours is a true first world success, not privileged white-kid failure...

HHahagafagaha!

Working from home today.

I used to sell drugs as a late teen and would always at my place with people coming in and out, but there's no tax record and a lot of paranoia there. I wouldn't recommend it. Yours is a true first world success, not privileged white-kid failure...

It's good once in a while, but I don't mind going in to the office. It's also only possible cause I can actually get work done at home.

Working from home today.

It's good once in a while, but I don't mind going in to the office. It's also only possible cause I can actually get work done at home.

Working from home is excellent. No colleagues, good coffee, a lot less stress, and like Chen says, you get a lot more done.

I work from home every Saturday and I think it's great. I have to travel kind of far to get to the office though, so it saves me a lot of time in the day.

Working from home today.

Working from home is excellent. No colleagues, good coffee, a lot less stress, and like Chen says, you get a lot more done.

Usually I get more done in the office but I'm a bachelor for the month, so possible to get work done here.

I don't mind my colleagues - usually they're not annoying and want to get their own work done as much as possible. The execs are a bit different, but my manager is pretty good at shielding me from the stupid on high.