IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

finally getting around to restocking with things since leaving my ex in brighton last year.

todays haul, all of the spices known to indiankind. even melon seeds and sesame seeds so i can make an authentic Korma.

I was doing a 'buy everything i dont know what it is' from an online chinese place as well, but the cart timed out. le fail

it can be such an upheaval moving out with nothing

file this one under magic powers.

i can 95% of the time guess which numbers from my security number HSBC are going to ask me when i phone them up. im not joking at all either.

not sure how they pipe it into my head before they say it. but if i could bet on it, i would win money

finally getting around to restocking with things since leaving my ex in brighton last year.

todays haul, all of the spices known to indiankind. even melon seeds and sesame seeds so i can make an authentic Korma.

I was doing a 'buy everything i dont know what it is' from an online chinese place as well, but the cart timed out. le fail

I've used pretty much every spice going, but never melon seeds. What do you do with them, dry-roast and grind them up with the rest?

Made a curry earlier on and overestimated the spice content, turned out brilliant. Note to future me: double all spice measurements (and I'm normally pretty generous to begin with, maybe just building up a tolerance?).

I've used pretty much every spice going, but never melon seeds. What do you do with them, dry-roast and grind them up with the rest?

Made a curry earlier on and overestimated the spice content, turned out brilliant. Note to future me: double all spice measurements (and I'm normally pretty generous to begin with, maybe just building up a tolerance?).

ive just realised its not sesame seeds i need for a korma but white poppy seeds. will have to hunt some out, no,no roasting, leave them clean tasting for a creamy korma base. basically you blitz them all into a paste. you soak the poppy seeds prior to this. Almonds, poppy, cashews, melon seeds. I need to find my notes (havent made a korma for ages, i like hot lower fat curries), this paste gets mixed with cream as well!

If you want to step your curry game, go to www.curry-recipes.co.uk and register for the forum there. they know loads about how to replicate BIR-style meals (british indian restaurant)

Edited by lala

ive just realised its not sesame seeds i need for a korma but white poppy seeds. will have to hunt some out, no,no roasting, leave them clean tasting for a creamy korma base. basically you blitz them all into a paste. you soak the poppy seeds prior to this. Almonds, poppy, cashews, melon seeds. I need to find my notes (havent made a korma for ages, i like hot lower fat curries), this paste gets mixed with cream as well!

If you want to step your curry game, go to www.curry-recipes.co.uk and register for the forum there. they know loads about how to replicate BIR-style meals (british indian restaurant)

yeah, been on that site for ages, and their previous incarnation as well. my curry last night had toasted cashews, then boiled in milk/water for half an hour (important or you'll get a gritty texture), blended, add coconut powder and cream, great kormafication.

another one I do is sesame seeds, poppy seeds, urad dal, dry roasted and ground. mix with butter and brown sugar to form paste.

both are easy to make in bulk and you can then freeze and use them to quickly perfect any curry if you fancy something nutty/creamy/sweet.

must try the melon seeds.

ive lost my notes from my birthday party which was a cooking course in goa :sad: We got taught how to make a really good biriyani, and its cooks through the rice and colours it in a gradient until white rice at the top. was good

yeah curry-recipes forum, have nailed various onion-based dishes, I just do the standard onion/tomato/oil/cumin bases usually, they turn out 90% right

another good site i can recommend is rasamalaysia.com for other eastern goodies. If youve never made rendang daging, do this one at some point. it is heavenly: http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-rendang-recipe-rendang-daging/2/

she has loads of recipes for things i havent tried before, and they are mostly all good

i'll try your one with urad dal sometime, what did you make from it?

ive lost my notes from my birthday party which was a cooking course in goa :sad: We got taught how to make a really good biriyani, and its cooks through the rice and colours it in a gradient until white rice at the top. was good

yeah curry-recipes forum, have nailed various onion-based dishes, I just do the standard onion/tomato/oil/cumin bases usually, they turn out 90% right

another good site i can recommend is rasamalaysia.com for other eastern goodies. If youve never made rendang daging, do this one at some point. it is heavenly: http://rasamalaysia.com/beef-rendang-recipe-rendang-daging/2/

she has loads of recipes for things i havent tried before, and they are mostly all good

i'll try your one with urad dal sometime, what did you make from it?

usually save it for a lamb korma style dish, use all the expensive whole spices (black cumin, mace, brown cardamoms, etc.) the rich nuttiness goes well with those, as does the meat, can be a bit overpowering with poultry I find.

another thing I've started doing recently is using Jaggery instead of your standard supermarket unrefined sugar, definitely more flavor in there.

love a nice Rendang, will try out that recipe.

ah yeah, black cardamoms are in the biriyani from the gods

all over thai so palm sugar is in the cupboard. summer rolls is my fave tbh. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gud

that rendang is great because it has about 15 chillis, uses all whole spices, big bits of cinnamon etc.. and the paste just smells right from the off. making my mouth water. learning about kerasic is cool too, dry frying dessicated coconut just smells the absolute lovingness all about the house, make some fresh so the aroma is there and sprinkle on top for the added effect

Edited by lala

First successful batch of Bulletproof coffee this morning. The guy who basically invented it also suggests you buy "Upgraded" coffee and "Brain Octane" oil from his company, but I think that's just a marketing ploy.

1 tbsp unsalted grass-fed (or organic) butter, 1 tbsp coconut oil, & ground cinnamon (or choco or vanilla) for flavoring to blend with freshly-brewed hot coffee for 20 seconds and you're good to go. Best to blend only one cup load at a time tho, in a tall blender.

I just finished ripping the fourth record of my 18-LP Merzbow box set. I feel slightly more relieved, but I've still got a lot ahead of me before this ordeal is finished and I can celebrate. It feels like an impossible task, like I'm climbing the Chomolungma of records.

When a 1000+ page book from the uni's library from which only a fraction of the content is relevant to your course, and it's spread throughout the whole book... and someone has already underlined the relevant content, including the index. True anonymous heroes.

1) I just got a side gig as a photographer for a local cannabis magazine that is expanding to a national magazine with 13 states already. I just got my 1st copy of the new Washington issue with my photos in it. I got one assignment my 1st month, two for my 2nd, and should be in two - 2 page write-ups and a 4 - page article in my third month with them. This also gave me an excuse to buy a new camera.

2) I managed to successfully graft a branch of jonagold apple to our rainier cherry tree in the back yard. I failed the past 3 attempts.

2) I managed to successfully graft a branch of jonagold apple to our rainier cherry tree in the back yard. I failed the past 3 attempts.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2437247/250-varieties-apple-tree--thanks-bit-hard-grafting-years.html

I like the way the picture kinda makes it look like he's been living in the tree.

Good luck. When I saw them in DC, Dylan was rocking out about a foot in front of my face. He kept swinging his guitar down at me and almost hitting me in the head. The music itself was alright, but not much variation in sound. You'll love the live version of There Is A Serpent Coming, though. It's fucking incredible, and the off-key shreds that Dylan does are absolutely brilliant. Much better than the studio version, even without the vocals!

I sent an email to my professor asking to meet and discuss about continuing my studies after a 2 year absence due to depression and health problems. Will meet tomorrow. Big step to get some structure in my life. Dunno what will happen, but at least it's something.