IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Making .5% - 1% percent brokerage commission on a 1.2+ million dollar retail cannabis store deal. Basically, my boss and I are each bringing an investment group to the table to start a pot superstore up by the Canadian border. We have had the preliminary meetings and negotiations and everything is smooth sailing - both the groups are eager to get into the business. My part (the part I care about) is to be finalized in the contract over the next week as I am staking my brokerage fee. Probably gonna go in and negotiate at a starting point for 1.5% and settle at .75 or 1%.

Wish me luck.

Making .5% - 1% percent brokerage commission on a 1.2+ million dollar retail cannabis store deal. Basically, my boss and I are each bringing an investment group to the table to start a pot superstore up by the Canadian border. We have had the preliminary meetings and negotiations and everything is smooth sailing - both the groups are eager to get into the business. My part (the part I care about) is to be finalized in the contract over the next week as I am staking my brokerage fee. Probably gonna go in and negotiate at a starting point for 1.5% and settle at .75 or 1%.

Wish me luck.

You guys going over everything with lawyers?

Wish me luck.

Go get this! :catsalute:

Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, no worries. The lawyers from both sides and our lawyers are finalizing the contract and every party has to agree with the terms drawn up. That's why it's taking a long time.

Wish me luck.

Oh yeah, no worries. The lawyers from both sides and our lawyers are finalizing the contract and every party has to agree with the terms drawn up. That's why it's taking a long time.

It seems like the law is kinda weird, your in Washington right? so the federal gov can come in anytime and shut it down, but they're not. Although the GOP candidates said they would do that if they get elected, so everything would change if Trump gets elected?

I'm from Northern California and have a few friends who work for the medical marijuana dispensary and they claim everything is legit. Idk, seems like theres a disconnect between state of federal law

Wish me luck.

It seems like the law is kinda weird, your in Washington right? so the federal gov can come in anytime and shut it down, but they're not. Although the GOP candidates said they would do that if they get elected, so everything would change if Trump gets elected?

I'm from Northern California and have a few friends who work for the medical marijuana dispensary and they claim everything is legit. Idk, seems like theres a disconnect between state of federal law

In Washington, yes'm. I'm just on the boat as long as it sails. I'm a broker in this deal, so whether or nor the business does well isn't really my aim. My aim is that commission when the money is put down and my part is fulfilled.

As for what happens in the future - your friends should be scared, they are really revising the laws in CA and they very well could face consequences. I think this is a whole 'states rights overrule federal when it comes to inner-state commerce' thing. I don't really know the logistics of it, but I think the states would fight it - the tax $ is too good if the sales go as planned, they'd be shooting themselves in the foot if any of their platform was 'economic growth and jobs'. Frankly I'm just lucky and met a very wealthy Chinese investor when on a plane flight who is really gung-ho to get in the door with cannabis and I know lots of businessmen out here in my field. I'm a grower lol.

I was everyday this week at my faculty reading a book and writing some paper for a course I need to complete that I started 3 years ago. 1/3 of the task complete. I am going to try to do the rest next week. It's my first foray into studying in two years.

Edited by azatoth

I was everyday this week at my faculty reading a book and writing some paper for a course I need to complete that I started 3 years ago. 1/3 of the task complete. I am going to try to do the rest next week. It's my first foray into studying in two years.

I feel your pain. I have a paper that's a year and a half late.

Last night girlfriend made me a card that read "congratulations, it's a misdemeanor!"

lol I hope you see the humor in that.

Also happy to hear you're not getting fucked with a felony.

Oh of course

That was her goal