IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Made chickpea curry for the first time. Turned out alright, but I prolly need to use less coconut milk next time, not to mention a different variety. I'm trying to go vegetarian again.

I'm trying to go vegetarian again.

Oh? Good luck man, I wouldn't be able to do it, props if you make it. =)

We make a delicious chick pea curry with a bit of other veg in it (though we usually add beef or chicken too), then it goes in a tortilla and bakes in the oven until the tortilla are crispy, top with sour cream or greek yoghurt and extra curry or cayenne if you like it spicy. You should try it sometime!

Like an Indian burrito lol.

I'm trying to go vegetarian again.

Oh? Good luck man, I wouldn't be able to do it, props if you make it. =)

We make a delicious chick pea curry with a bit of other veg in it (though we usually add beef or chicken too), then it goes in a tortilla and bakes in the oven until the tortilla are crispy, top with sour cream or greek yoghurt and extra curry or cayenne if you like it spicy. You should try it sometime!

Like an Indian burrito lol.

I read that nodding then got to tortilla envisioned a taco salad and immediately thought 'Canadian Indian Taco Salad'. Why not just make naan dough and cook it thin with some ghee? YOU JUST HAD TO 'POUTINE' IT UP, HUH?!

Somewhere General Santa Ana is rolling in his grave.

(sounds good tho)

I think of all vegetarian diets, the only way I'd MAYBE be able to be vegetarian would be with a lot of Indian cooking. So much flavour in the sauces and spices etc.

Hmmm... yeah, now that you mention it, I might be able to do the vegetarian thing if I was eating curries all the time. Pretty sure that would wreak havoc on my digestive system though. I'd be shitting out my eyes after a month of that much curry.

I think of all vegetarian diets, the only way I'd MAYBE be able to be vegetarian would be with a lot of Indian cooking. So much flavour in the sauces and spices etc.

Hmmm... yeah, now that you mention it, I might be able to do the vegetarian thing if I was eating curries all the time. Pretty sure that would wreak havoc on my digestive system though. I'd be shitting out my eyes after a month of that much curry.

lol!

You'd definitely be shitting that's for sure. Depending what kind of curries you're making, you'll likely be using coconut milk. Causes diarrhea in most people I believe!

loooooooooll

Actually the naan would be far better but tbh I don't know how to make it.

I cook a lot, but I don't bake much. Not a bad idea though!

Naan, like Pizza, is hard to get right at home. You can do an ok version on a cast iron frying pan and finish under the grill, slightly better if you have a hot oven (250 C +) and a pizza stone, but nothing will replicate the tandoor/pizza oven exactly.

Second attempt at being vegetarian, for over a full week now. Also hot womenz "liking" my FB posts about being vegetarian, tho that's not the reason I'm doing so.

But I won't get into a preachy lecture, cos I don't wanna sound like an elitist twat.

I got a my official Level 1 Flexographic Operator certification in the mail today... It doesn't really mean much overall in the industry but it looks good on a resume I suppose.

Edited by ghOsty

I woke up nice and early feeling unusually refreshed, rode out in the sunshine, had a big satisfying brekky/coffee, and then peaced out for an hour by myself here doin' nothin' but sitting lotus-style and feeling the wind and the sun.

22GZKaG.jpg

also that's one of the best panoramas my phone's ever turned out, even with the weird stitches.

Made a banana avocado smoothie based on a recipe I found this morning. Turned out kind of an ugly brownish-green color, but it tastes a lot better than it looks. Probably cos I used a little too much ground cinnamon. Good and good for you, though.

Now that I think about it, it looked kinda like Gerber baby food.

Edited by ambermonk

Made a banana avocado smoothie based on a recipe I found this morning. Turned out kind of an ugly brownish-green color, but it tastes a lot better than it looks. Probably cos I used a little too much ground cinnamon. Good and good for you, though.

banana-avocado huh? was it like guacamole with bananas? I can't imagine how that'd be good... I mean I like avocados and guac, but in a smoothie?

banana-avocado huh? was it like guacamole with bananas? I can't imagine how that'd be good... I mean I like avocados and guac, but in a smoothie?

Avocados are more versatile than you might think. I've had a pure avocado smoothie at a pho restaurant over two years ago, and even had a chocolate dessert once made with avocado. They have that natural creaminess to them. Plus they're rich in monounsaturated fatty acids (MUFAs) which are good for your heart and attack belly fat. Same stuff is found in olive oil and nuts.

Combine that shiz with potassium in the bananananas and cholesterol-lowering cinnamon, and you have a super healthy dessert elixer drink. It's almost a full breakfast meal.