IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

I spent an entire summer having cold showers when I was a student before I realised that the other shower in our house actually worked fine. I even had a shower playlist on foobar and everything with really headlong metal tracks and everything to get me through the bleak Irish coldness.

When I was in college, our heat was shot off from an overdue bill (that I'm pretty sure was left over from the previous tenants). Fortunately, it was during the summer, so we didn't pay it til like October. Cold showers are bollocks. Cold as.

Did my first ever DIY oil change, on the new car. It was almost an FWP because I accidentally put in SAE 5W-20 as the new oil instead of the recommended SAE 5W-30, but after doing some research after the fact, turns out I'll be fine during winter. I'll just use the '30 on the next interval, at which point I probably need to change the filter as well.

Possibly going to start a new job in 2016 which will double my current earnings and give me a real 9 to 5 for once. I'll have health insurance and bonuses and all the frills and still be connected in cannabis.

Moving on up - whitey style

Possibly going to start a new job in 2016 which will double my current earnings and give me a real 9 to 5 for once. I'll have health insurance and bonuses and all the frills and still be connected in cannabis.

mo money mo betta

I successfully made it through intense psychiatric drug withdrawals.

I was on 7 prescriptions of mid to high doses of psychiatric meds. I was on them for over 8 years and decided i didn't want to live with all the nasty side-effects anymore, the biggest of which being the sedation. Couldn't think straight, tired all the time, sleeping the majority of each day and never feeling rested from sleep, no energy to exercise, all of this resulting in heightened pain from my fibro myalgia. Another big one was all the weight I gained. Within a year of starting the meds I gained about 75 pounds. So those things, among others, led me to decide to take a different approach to my mental health management. Someone I know, who has all the same illnesses that I have, to a tee, started years ago on a natural solution of special vitamin supplements called EMPowerplus, which is specifically designed for people with certain mental health disorders. The treatment worked really great for her, and with no side-effects. It was like night and day. So I decided to give it a try. Working along with trained professionals (doctors and such), I started taking the vitamins as soon as I got them and over a period of 2+ months I very slowly reduced my dosage of psychiatric meds. The withdrawals throughout this time were difficult, but very manageable. But when I went from taking the last dosage of meds to taking none at all the next day, things went nuts. For the next few weeks I barely slept at all. Some nights I'd lay in bed for 9 hours trying to sleep unsuccessfully. Then if I did finally fall asleep, nightmares would wake me up within half an hour to an hour, starting the cycle all over again. My mind went more haywire with bipolar and OCD symptoms than they ever have been before, which I wont go into. I'll just say it was really, really tough and frightening. And on top of all the craziness was intense physical pain throughout my entire body crippling me and basically confining me to my bed while taking painkillers every couple hours. As if that wasn't enough, I then caught a nasty virus. I had basically every flu and cold symptom I can think of. Sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, intense fevers, stuffed up, flegm, etc. And not being able to get to sleep made this virus get worse each day. I didn't eat much at all, and at times, what little I could eat, I ended up throwing it up anyways. I lost about 20-25 pounds in less than a week. Then one night the withdrawals lessened enough that I was able to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Since then I slowly progressed and had more sleep each night and an easier time getting to sleep. I could also eat meals again. Slowly my symptoms got better and better, both mentally and physically.

Now, a few weeks later, I'm brilliant. I still have a bit of a cough, but I'm sleeping and actually feeling somewhat rested when I wake. I feel like I can think clearly again. My mental health is quite stable now too. My physical pain from my fibro myalgia is much, much less, which makes me take a lot less painkillers each day. Some days even none at all. I also already have more energy, so I'm setting up some exercise goals now. Honestly, I feel better and happier now than I have in a decade. Friends, family and my doctor are noticing that I'm more animated and lively and my sense of humor is back like it was and people are really noticing the weight I've lost so far. I'm told my health will continue to improve too. So I feel, although that was the most suffering I've ever experienced, the results were definitely worth it.

Have you tried putting in SAW 85-92?

Nope, too dangerous. Can't run the risk of being lulled to the point where I doze off at the wheel.

Keepin it ganja is a plus for sure. Hope that new job is a definite for next year.

And 747, sounds like you've been thru hell and back, now stronger than ever. I admire your resiliency.

Thanks guys. I was kind of hesitant to make that post as it's kind of personal and you guys don't know me all that well. But I felt I had to get it off my chest. Also that it has the potential to motivate someone in a positive way, who may be in a similar situation as I was. And since things are really turning out to be a great success based on what was a FWP (being over-medicated), I thought this thread was fitting.

Your replies make me feel pretty damn good. Thanks again.

<3

(lol you're gonna rub smegma all over it now aren't you?)

I really liked your last release as well.

If it's the same "idmer" as before, that's awesome. Must be a HUGE compliment actually. Congratulations =)

Writing a heck of a lot of words a day, even despite being distracted by (the fine fellows in) CHATMM, next story fattening up nicely. :catrecline:

could well be shit thought when i read it back

I successfully made it through intense psychiatric drug withdrawals.

I was on 7 prescriptions of mid to high doses of psychiatric meds. I was on them for over 8 years and decided i didn't want to live with all the nasty side-effects anymore, the biggest of which being the sedation. Couldn't think straight, tired all the time, sleeping the majority of each day and never feeling rested from sleep, no energy to exercise, all of this resulting in heightened pain from my fibro myalgia. Another big one was all the weight I gained. Within a year of starting the meds I gained about 75 pounds. So those things, among others, led me to decide to take a different approach to my mental health management. Someone I know, who has all the same illnesses that I have, to a tee, started years ago on a natural solution of special vitamin supplements called EMPowerplus, which is specifically designed for people with certain mental health disorders. The treatment worked really great for her, and with no side-effects. It was like night and day. So I decided to give it a try. Working along with trained professionals (doctors and such), I started taking the vitamins as soon as I got them and over a period of 2+ months I very slowly reduced my dosage of psychiatric meds. The withdrawals throughout this time were difficult, but very manageable. But when I went from taking the last dosage of meds to taking none at all the next day, things went nuts. For the next few weeks I barely slept at all. Some nights I'd lay in bed for 9 hours trying to sleep unsuccessfully. Then if I did finally fall asleep, nightmares would wake me up within half an hour to an hour, starting the cycle all over again. My mind went more haywire with bipolar and OCD symptoms than they ever have been before, which I wont go into. I'll just say it was really, really tough and frightening. And on top of all the craziness was intense physical pain throughout my entire body crippling me and basically confining me to my bed while taking painkillers every couple hours. As if that wasn't enough, I then caught a nasty virus. I had basically every flu and cold symptom I can think of. Sore throat, vomiting, diarrhea, coughing, intense fevers, stuffed up, flegm, etc. And not being able to get to sleep made this virus get worse each day. I didn't eat much at all, and at times, what little I could eat, I ended up throwing it up anyways. I lost about 20-25 pounds in less than a week. Then one night the withdrawals lessened enough that I was able to get at least 6 hours of sleep. Since then I slowly progressed and had more sleep each night and an easier time getting to sleep. I could also eat meals again. Slowly my symptoms got better and better, both mentally and physically.

Now, a few weeks later, I'm brilliant. I still have a bit of a cough, but I'm sleeping and actually feeling somewhat rested when I wake. I feel like I can think clearly again. My mental health is quite stable now too. My physical pain from my fibro myalgia is much, much less, which makes me take a lot less painkillers each day. Some days even none at all. I also already have more energy, so I'm setting up some exercise goals now. Honestly, I feel better and happier now than I have in a decade. Friends, family and my doctor are noticing that I'm more animated and lively and my sense of humor is back like it was and people are really noticing the weight I've lost so far. I'm told my health will continue to improve too. So I feel, although that was the most suffering I've ever experienced, the results were definitely worth it.

Right on 747! Back to makin' chewns yet?

Right on 747! Back to makin' chewns yet?

Hey, thanks Goiter, I've been pretty busy with some stuff the last bunch of days. But I plan on sitting down and working on some tunes very soon. And hopefully, with my mind being a lot clearer, I'll be able to fulfill ideas properly and come up with some cool sounds. Honestly, I've been putting it off a little because since I reformatted my computer I have to find and install all of my vsts and stuff again, and that'll take a while, especially since a ton of my vsts are 32-bit and I need to convert them to 64-bit again. But, like I said, soon.

OMFG Cloud Strife is in Smash Bros 4 now (well, as DLC soon at least)!!! A first-world achievement if I ever heard one!

DEAR LORD!!!! I'm definitely getting this once I get my Wii U this summer. And I'll probably never play as any other character again. And they included summons and bloody OMNISLASH!?!?!

Also, I love the partially unspoken friendship between Nintendo and Sony. What with Shuhei Yoshida, President of Sony's Worldwide Studios, openly admitting that he plays Nintendo consoles a ton and loves them. And for a long time now they have been sharing rights back and forth to a number of once exclusive games. Games like Final Fantasy (in this case) and many more (like MGS) have been something between Nintendo and Sony far more than either with Microsoft. This makes me happy that my two favorite console developers have a pretty good relationship, despite being competitors. I'd love it if they got together and developed something original between the two of them. That would surely put the Xbox division of Microsoft in a much larger downward spiral. They're struggling as it is, what with Sony doubling their total sales numbers between the PS4 and XBone. Wii U isn't too far behind XBone. C'mon Nintendo and Sony! Work together in making something incredibly awesome for the gaming world.