IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Nearly finished 2nd draft of my second long book/novel thing after a period of thinking I was done for writing wise. So close to the ending I can taste it!

It tastes wonderful, like honey

Well hey, came home from work today and saw an eviction notice on the door of the house that keeps getting shot at. I guess they finally couldn't pretend it wasn't happening any longer.

EDIT: that was supposed to be in the "stupid first world problems" thread but it actually works here, too.

Edited by RSP

yesterday i successfully throat sang with an overtone - by completely accident/chance

i was goofing off with my 5 month old son, making different noises and singing and stuff, which he loves, and when i was going really low i tried doing some weird drone and sure enough the whistle-y overtone emerged

he thought it was hilarious and laughed really hard

yesterday i successfully throat sang with an overtone - by completely accident/chance

i was goofing off with my 5 month old son, making different noises and singing and stuff, which he loves, and when i was going really low i tried doing some weird drone and sure enough the whistle-y overtone emerged

.wavs or it didn't happen

.wavs .flacs or it didn't happen

.wavs .flacs or it didn't happen

I recorded in on DAT tape but I accidentally left it on a plane. Sorry.

Got a final mark of 92% in my law course. 87% on the final!

Onwards to another economics courses and an astronomy and astrophysics course!

Feels good to be back on track in school.

Congrats!

What's your next econ course?

Thank you! I actually surprised myself, wasn't expecting to do that well. The next economics course is "Workers and the Economy". It's less of a lab (math/formulae) based economics course, more observational.

It centers on this book (Yates, M. D. (2003). Naming the system: Inequality and work in the global economy.), and observes things such as labour markets, international relations etc.

I imagine you've done a similar course? It was optional for me (same with the astro one). Economics is interesting stuff. Most of my options I go for economics or management science courses. MGSC is interesting for boring management type people like me lol.

Edited by StephenG

I've done some stuff on labour, although most of my inequality readings have been directed readings.

Some MGSC is interesting to me, stuff like Risk Analysis and Crisis Management. Other stuff like HR makes my balls tighten up.

I've done some stuff on labour, although most of my inequality readings have been directed readings.

Some MGSC is interesting to me, stuff like Risk Analysis and Crisis Management. Other stuff like HR makes my balls tighten up.

ha! I don't blame you. HR is essentially the antithesis to MGSC and microeconomics. lol

Edit: at least in my workplace. Constantly challenged when trying to implement cost cutting or operational improvements.

Edited by StephenG

I have MOTHERFUCKING ELECTRICITY flowing through my WALLS again.

I've wanted to work on my nerdtastic MIDI project for a week and the first thing I did was turn on Netflix... that got boring in 5 minutes though. So back to the grind I guess.

I've wanted to work on my nerdtastic MIDI project for a week and the first thing I did was turn on Netflix... that got boring in 5 minutes though. So back to the grind I guess.

https://youtu.be/06X5HYynP5E?t=2m31s

https://youtu.be/06X5HYynP5E?t=2m31s

floL YES

being treated by the NHS over 18months pretty intensively, so free health care provided by incredibly skilled & dedicated professionals who rehabilitate others every day

fuck knows where i'd be if this was another nation without such support, its fuckin humbling & i dunno how some of these people do it

god bless the NHS

I thought my iPod was finally FUBAR because it was randomly pausing and skipping tracks for two days straight. My rage impulse told me to smash it with a hammer, but instead I opted to stick a toothpick into the headphone jack to see if there may be some grime fucking shit up in there. A barely visible piece of dirt came out on my third jab. Now it's good as new. But why is the pause/skip track function in any way connected with the headphone jack? What an idiotic design feature. I want my music to keep playing unless I tell it to stop, in every circumstance. My headphones should not have a say in this matter.

I thought my iPod was finally FUBAR because it was randomly pausing and skipping tracks for two days straight. My rage impulse told me to smash it with a hammer, but instead I opted to stick a toothpick into the headphone jack to see if there may be some grime fucking shit up in there. A barely visible piece of dirt came out on my third jab. Now it's good as new. But why is the pause/skip track function in any way connected with the headphone jack? What an idiotic design feature. I want my music to keep playing unless I tell it to stop, in every circumstance. My headphones should not have a say in this matter.

Ya, its because if you headphone jack accidentally falls out, ipods automatically stop the music. I actually like this feature because my headphones are always getting caught on things and pulling out the cord.

Well, I'd be okay with it if it didn't do after a slight jostle, turn or whatever... and if it didn't skip to back to the start of the track, next track etc. Basically it creates a lot more potential problems than it helps. My phones almost never actually come out. Also... the problem is back, and so is my hammer smash impulse.