IGNORED

stupid first world achievements and successes

eugene

Well, I'd be okay with it if it didn't do after a slight jostle, turn or whatever... and if it didn't skip to back to the start of the track, next track etc. Basically it creates a lot more potential problems than it helps. My phones almost never actually come out. Also... the problem is back, and so is my hammer smash impulse.

load it with ambient sounds and make an album :cisfor:

After 20 years of sitting around in dusty cassette cases, tracks from my first ever multitrack recording project, Machine, are now available for public consumption. For the most part, it's instrumental industrial-metal-ish music, with a heavy NIN/Ministry/Tool influence. 13 year old me is very happy. Anyone curious can check it out/download it here (put 0 as amount to download for free): https://machine1994.bandcamp.com/releases

Well, I'd be okay with it if it didn't do after a slight jostle, turn or whatever... and if it didn't skip to back to the start of the track, next track etc. Basically it creates a lot more potential problems than it helps. My phones almost never actually come out. Also... the problem is back, and so is my hammer smash impulse.

load it with ambient sounds and make an album :cisfor:

haha, well I was hoping to use it to play noise loops for an upcoming gig, but it looks like that's out of the question now (the problem returned with a vengeance, leading to many a public spazz-out moment. I hate the technology i depend upon so goddamn much).

Booked my Europe vacation for next summer/early fall. 3.5 weeks of vacation... the longest vacation I've ever taken.

Iceland, then Ireland, then Germany, then Switzerland, then train through the alps, then Genoa, Italy, then Milan to back home. It's all paid for, my work is aware of me leaving already and I've got over 6 months to save for food and fun over there.

WHEEEEEEE!!!!

Booked my Europe vacation for next summer/early fall. 3.5 weeks of vacation... the longest vacation I've ever taken.

Iceland, then Ireland, then Germany, then Switzerland, then train through the alps, then Genoa, Italy, then Milan to back home. It's all paid for, my work is aware of me leaving already and I've got over 6 months to save for food and fun over there.

WHEEEEEEE!!!!

Congrats man!

We've been talking about doing iceland next year. Can't decide though...

I've received a lot of compliments on my graphic design work I've done for school lately, it's only my first semester as a design student but it's nice to be getting some recognition already. Getting more confident with Adobe Creative Suite every week.

Tonight, for the first time in over a year I managed to write lyrics for a song. They're really sad, but in a way that seems genuine and not embarrassing... I think. Hopefully that doesn't lead to me losing my composure while singing them. It's kind of going out on a limb. Anyway, hopefully more lyrics are on the way now. These ones came relatively painlessly.

I have rage-smashed a few ipods. One of them might have been okay if I'd let it sit in rice, to absorb the water in it... nope, too impatient.

I smashed one and then the battery started getting really, really hot. That was a little freaky.

That must have been so satisfying! I'm pretty sure my ipod is totally fucked at this point, so maybe I should have one more listen and then smash the hell out of it when it resumes its rage inducing behavior.

So I scored a contract deal with a fairly large board/card game company to make an app for them.

I graduate in a few days and it will be really nice to finish this app for them to put it on my resume.

Here's hoping I don't fuck up some how.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

Well done Ziggo!

My organization recently moved to an open-office design - ugh. So I bought some Sennheiser HD280s as a compromise. Been a while since I had decent sounding headphones - going through some recent purchases/soundcloud tracks (thanks to RDJ and Mike P) with new cans is a wonderful treat.

I am dipping into my savings and buying my first really nice guitar, and I've never been more excited about an instrument.

Also, one of my favorite guitarists Julian Lage started giving Skype lessons and I sent him a message to set up a lesson or two.

Life has been pretty rad lately.

Sent from my pee-pee using poo-poo

^ Nice Limpy. Guitars can be a versatile instrument when you think about it.

My latest FWS is I "rescued" my friend/coworker after he got stranded on the shoulder of the highway after his car had run out of gas. So long story short, he called me up, I brought a gas can, we got gas, came back, emptied the gas can into his car, and off he went.

^ Nice Limpy. Guitars can be a versatile instrument when you think about it.

My latest FWS is I "rescued" my friend/coworker after he got stranded on the shoulder of the highway after his car had run out of gas. So long story short, he called me up, I brought a gas can, we got gas, came back, emptied the gas can into his car, and off he went.

Thanks, I'm mega-excited

Although (FWP:) being left-handed sucks when buying instruments...choices are very limited and prices are a bit higher

I wanted to buy a 60's Gibson archtop (e.g. ES-125) but they are impossible to find left-handed examples of (even in the Internet age)

With this new versatile, fully-functional guitar I'm gonna put together a jazz trio (or quartet) and an experimental chamber combo and start gigging again

Life is good

Is restringing it not an option?

Some guitars you can restring

(For example, my nylon string is restrung backward

But it's perfectly symmetrical)

But very often you gotta replace the bridge and the nut

You run into intonation problems with fixed bridges

Or the volume/tone knobs are right where your palm rests

Or the strap knob is on the wrong side (so you gotta either sit down or drill a new knob)

Or the cutaway's on the wrong side...

Don't know where else to post this... our president just got punched

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eudrinKmk8o

This is not in any way positive and he seems to be affiliated to Podemos which is awful for them... Really, what a dumbass. But still, so satisfying

I saw the new Star Wars film despite not having any money at all. My friend was nice enough to take me. Unfortunately, not much else at the moment. At all, really. Trying to stay positive. Pretty damn difficult at times. :catcry:

Apparently my visual-identification-of-sound-by-waveform game was on point today.

kikdrumwaveform_zpshfefxasn.jpg

Cool. Also, lol at FL Studio's comment on what's arguably the most easily recognizable waveform pattern outside of the extreme basics like sine, square, saw etc. I don't claim to be a pro at all, but I think I'll give this a go at some point. Looks fun.

Apparently my visual-identification-of-sound-by-waveform game was on point today.

kikdrumwaveform_zpshfefxasn.jpg

Cool. Also, lol at FL Studio's comment on what's arguably the most easily recognizable waveform pattern outside of the extreme basics like sine, square, saw etc. I don't claim to be a pro at all, but I think I'll give this a go at some point. Looks fun.

Actually, can I get a link to your game? Please tell me I don't need facebook to play. Hopefully you host it on another website.

omg, I'm an idiot. the website is in the picture. I'll just do a search on those image-line forums I guess.

Edit: Ugh, can't find it. I simply cannot think right now. Link please?

Edited by 747Music