IGNORED

Various Artists - EDM B2

its all part of the test John Ehrlichman must take before he can release his ambient album on rephlex, what the test is i'm not to sure. ;) but i do agree with him, the only track that made think 'is this aphex' is 'Heidi Kann Brauchen'. the tune almost sounds like a r'n'b track but i can't remember which one so while listening to it i expect vocals to come in which would be amazing.

but i'am liking both the edm compilations, my favourite track so far is lo pan.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heidi Kann Brauchen is nothing like the Heidi Lord track on EDM A2 and sounds very much in the style of JK.

I also don't think JK's missus would call herself Spunkmonkey on innernetz forum.

No offence...spunkmonkey

ps. Googol has a touch of the 'photodementia' about it

h lord tracks are master class every inch of the way. khb especially+ the way it dances around and all that kindof reminsds of that love7 tune

maybe hopefully a few more will be littered about these these releases

I also don't think JK's missus would call herself Spunkmonkey on innernetz forum.

No offence...spunkmonkey

so basically your post can be summed up by saying "i dont think cool girls exist"

oh bloody hell, now i've got to go back several pages looking for what you guys are talking about and i've been on watmm for hours.

/closes browser tout suite.

I can totally imagine some random dude signing up on here with the sole purpose of prending to be JK's wife. That makes a lot of sense to me. Totally.

Unless it was the man himself

No offence...spunkmonkey

so basically your post can be summed up by saying "i dont think cool girls exist"

I guess we have different definitions of 'cool'

You also completely ignore the first point of my post.

"Heidi Kann Brauchen is nothing like the Heidi Lord track on EDM A2 and sounds very much in the style of JK."

leave spunkmonkey alone, I'm sure its good peoples, whoever it is. wtf.

We don't even know if that VST is actually being used. Might be manual editing that sounds like dBlue to you. Secondly, it sounds cool so who gives a shit.

don't get me wrong, I love the tunes. definitely dblue glitch though...but doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things I guess.

leave spunkmonkey alone, I'm sure its good peoples, whoever it is. wtf.

I wasn't having a go. I would genuinely love to know who all the tracks are by. The reason I'm thinking it's all Jodey is there are so many of his different aliases on the albums that we're sort of certain of, that it would be strange if it wasn't all by him. Having said that, the Kepler tracks have an Aleksi Perala 'feel' about them and Googol has a hint of the monolith's, so maybe multiple people are involved.

If Spunkmonkey is in fact Jodey's other half, I take my hat off to both her and him. Must be amazing to be in a relationship where you're both creating amazing music and presumably lovin' every minute of it.

At the beginning of Heidi Kann Brauchen it sounds like one destinctive person's voice sample being used in that reverse-reverb-drenched-haunting-granular-blur-pad. Then at the end of the song it sounds like it's shifting between voices of different people and overlapping.

I'm in luv with this album. The two tracks with the pianos and organs in the middle are a bit weird, but the overall feel of the album is a lot more unique than the first one. Which is good.

EDM C2 pls

Gives the whole album an unexpected noir-ish twist, to my ears. I like that.

Not sure what it was intended to do, but there seems to be some idea behind it.

Archived