IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

ha year zero was the worst crap he ever wrote. aliens or god talking to us in this condescending holier than thou are voice, threatening to destroy us for being too violent.

think about it.

just for a minute.

just for a moment or two.

yes thats right, liberals write that kind of shit into movie plots all the time. and it's always dumb as fuck and makes no sense. it makes no sense that they are going to judge us for being too violent, and then kill us. its fucking retarded. even keanu reeves shouldve been above that kind of role. and how much sense would it make that ours would be the only planet where life evolves, requiring the devouring of other life to live and reproduce, that this competition of gnashing of teeth that spawned us, that made us what we ARE, would only happen like that HERE? we are the only creatures who would fight over resources. fuckin whatever, smart liberal writers. (idiots.)

and ya know what else deer? i dont care if you EVER come into chatmm again. especially not if you dont come into it right now!

who needs you!? pet sounds sucks too!

Year Zero and The Slip are his more passable lyrics, PHM,TDS are tolerable, With Teeth is a mixed bag and The Fragile is just a mess.

Is Year Zero hollywood liberal? mm, the only song i find hollywood liberal from that album is Capital G (the one i always skip)

i dont really see any variation in the quality of his lyrics. they are consistently teenage bullshit since the beginning. but fyi the fragile is the best thing the dude will ever make. put that in your book of facts deer!

i've enjoyed every nin album. i've probably enjoyed with teeth the most. maybe not the hand that feeds and the collector that much, but TLBTB and DYKWYA? come on

Edited by very honest

I think it's sad a 40 something musician still has to play out his fucking teenage suicide fantasy, name his album accordingly and influence another generation of troubled kids that always being depressing is cool. Yeah I fell for it when I was 16, but then I grew up.

this minimal beat, where nothing happens

that minimal piano note or two that you throw out there (pianos sound so spooooky)

all wrapped up with what else, but your beautiful voice (not even suggesting u r narcissist at ALL trent, it truly is a pretty voice and any moment of music that isn't accompanied by it, is empty. empty.)

i mean this is what i want to hear more of. music with nothing. and you can't get more nothing than this. 5 whole minutes of nothing.

so yes mission accomplished. this track does make me want to slit my wrists, and be one with NIN. wait, wouldn't i be more nin than nin itself if i ACTUALLY slit my wrists (insted of just writing songs about it).... ?

woah

i wonder how many of his fans have licked the grim reapers tongue and look down on trent from the great beyond only to realize all too late that he's just a pussy and a fake who will never take his life. shouldn't there be a limit on how many songs you can write about suicide without actually DOING IT!?

Edited by MisterE

Guest RadarJammer

that song/video is probably a bad example of the new show. TR is at his best when everyone on stage looks like they are actually doing something and his vocals blend with a wall of noise from the music and a pumped crowd.

Edited by RadarJammer

Guest JW Modestburns

So, Nine Inch Nails comes up on random on my iTunes at the same moment I lunch out with my mouse and click a random thread by accident. Now I'm here listening to a classic NIN track,"the only time" while also looking at NIN information for a new album. Hmmmmm. Both on different computers but they are both APPLE!

I smell a conspiracy.

I loved NIN as a nihilistic teenager with my first world problems. However, I do feel a slight blush of embarrassment when I listen to the last few albums. If he wants to hark back to the TDR sound so be it. But as a few of you have already said, enough with the suicide schlock. Perhaps he should write the an uplifting album, it could still be punchy and powerful. He is a good producer and undoubtedly talented.

Back up the Spiral

One man's journey from hell to love and understanding. Once he has learnt to truly love himself, find a good work life balance along with healthy diet and a new found sense of responsibility and purpose, he finally falls in love and starts a family:

Mr. 12 Step Plan

Figgy

Agreement

March of the Figs

Further

Enabler

The Receding

This is Exactly what I Need Right Now

Small Man with a Big Neck

A Place for my Oscar

Recognition

Avian

The Straight Path

Remedy

That being said, I'll probably buy it and go see them.

Edited by bodywithoutorgans

I loved NIN as a nihilistic teenager with my first world problems. However, I do feel a slight blush of embarrassment when I listen to the last few albums. If he wants to hark back to the TDR sound so be it. But as a few of you have already said, enough with the suicide schlock. Perhaps he should write the an uplifting album, it could still be punchy and powerful. He is a good producer and undoubtedly talented.

Back up the Spiral

One man's journey from hell to love and understanding. Once he has learnt to truly love himself, find a good work life balance along with healthy diet and a new found sense of responsibility and purpose, he finally falls in love and starts a family:

Mr. 12 Step Plan

Figgy

Agreement

March of the Figs

Further

Enabler

The Receding

A Place for my Oscar

Recognition

Avian

The Straight Path

Remedy

lol awesome.

Guest Gravity

Back up the Spiral

Mr. 12 Step Plan

Figgy

Agreement

March of the Figs

Further

Enabler

The Receding

A Place for my Oscar

Recognition

Avian

The Straight Path

Remedy

"Motivation Sparks"

i'll get my coat

Back up the Spiral

Mr. 12 Step Plan

Figgy

Agreement

March of the Figs

Further

Enabler

The Receding

A Place for my Oscar

Recognition

Avian

The Straight Path

Remedy

"Motivation Sparks"

i'll get my coat

Hahah, you do yourself a disservice sir, that might end up being the title of the inevitable remix album.

I think it's possible that he's still depressed. He might look in the mirror every day and think "what have I become, my sweetest friend"..

I'm not one of those guys who think rich depressed people dont deserve sympathy, if you are depressed it sucks no matter what position in life you are.

My problem with this new album is that the lyrics (from what we heard) sound disingenuous and forced (dont ask me why, i have a gut feeling and im pretty good at spotting fake emotions and stuff). I believe he is just trying to do TDS part II but hes not in the same state of mind so hes just faking everything.

Edited by Deer

wat? reznor fake things? you mean like how he scraped keyboard keys off of cruddy keyboards pretty much according to a script during every show? or how he got famous talking about god money but now does interviews where he talks about finding ways to monetize things? or how he did all these political albums about how the world was going to become a fucked up dystopian nightmare if things 'continued on their current course' (if repubs kept running things) but came out and called those albums obsolete the day after obama was elected, and now his lyrics seem completely void of political worries even though we have PLENTY of shit to be worried about?

i have to wonder if the man ever put one authentic thing into his music, ever.

oh and there was that whole album about suicide and his continued existence as a living person. it's one thing to be depressed and write some depressed lyrics. he wrote a concept album revolving around an elaborate suicide fantasy. he knew there was a built in market for that. they're called lonely teens.

Edited by MisterE

if i come off at all as hostile towards the dude, it's because i used to love his stuff. then i grew up and realized that he had merely been 'monetizing' teenage depression all along, to become wealthy. i think you would really have to scrape and go a good distance with words to find any kind of positive message in his first few albums which made him fat with cash. so it's like, the dude was giving these depressed teens this echochamber for their hate and more things to be depressed about, and these elaborate suicide fantasies to listen to and become a part of. and some of them surely have actually done it, possibly pushed just a bit further from where they were at in their mind by the way he romanticized suicide itself in that album. meanwhile he's fuckin rich and has some hot 'exotic' ladyfriend imported from wherever. money is clearly something he cares about lots, but he made lots of it by badmouthing the very concept of it. why do people point at political fearmongering which is a real thing some people do to make their careers, and say 'thats fucked up', but artists have a blank check from society to say or do anything with the clear and undeniable intent to manipulate and take advantage of emotions, not just of people, but of KIDS who are often unstable as shit anyways, to get rich?