IGNORED

Nine Inch Nails - Hesitation Marks

YO303

have to admit that the track sounded better when i cranked it in my car. i still think its kinda boring. the creepy bell sounds might be the best part, but the beat is nice too and theres a synth line i like also. it still needs to be more progressive and less focused on shitty lyrics for me to care about this guy again.

If Trent continued to release material as challenging, interesting, inspiring and beautiful as this over and over this for the next 10 years.. even if it all sounded similar... I would buy every version, limited edition, vinyl, etc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhXtJJEmybY

Edited by Lane Visitor

Guest Gravity

If Trent continued to release material as challenging, interesting, inspiring and beautiful as this over and over this for the next 10 years.. even if it all sounded similar... I would buy every version, limited edition, vinyl, etc:

Oh yes, The Fragile was a fucking great era for NIN. Maybe with that reissue he's been working on we'll get some new tracks from back then.

I listened to The Fragile again for the first time in a few years, and damned if that album still isn't a masterpiece. Today I've been trying to get through With Teeth, and almost every track fills me with disgust. It actually makes me feel kind of sick to listen to it. Weird. I seldom react so strongly to...anything. Plz no one say that's a sign of good art. Seriously, don't say that. :rtfm:

I don't think I'm going to finish my WT listen because it's too painful, but I will tackle Year Zero. I remember that album being a huge relief after WT, but I don't know if I liked it because it was just nowhere near as horrible as WT or if it was actually good.

a witha teetha!

I will say, I love sunspots on that train wreck

You're right about that. I did end up listening to the rest, and everything from Getting Smaller onward is actually pretty decent. Right Where It Belongs is a great closer. If the rest of the album followed in the footsteps of those last four songs it could have been a another classic... maybe.

a witha teetha!

You're right about that. I did end up listening to the rest, and everything from Getting Smaller onward is actually pretty decent. Right Where It Belongs is a great closer. If the rest of the album followed in the footsteps of those last four songs it could have been a another classic... maybe.

a witha teetha!

Yeah, I love those last four songs. Actually I think I prefer With Teeth to Year Zero; YZ has some great tracks but is generally pretty one-dimensional imo. And I really fucking despise lyrics with a political theme.

Guest Gravity

a witha teetha!

Yeah, I love those last four songs. Actually I think I prefer With Teeth to Year Zero; YZ has some great tracks but is generally pretty one-dimensional imo. And I really fucking despise lyrics with a political theme.

Beside You in Time is some top-tier NIN. Perfect build up and release.

Guest Gravity

I only get my music news from Pitchfork, and if something gets lower than a 9.9 I don't listen to it. :tongue:

Edited by Gravity

Guest RadarJammer

What a let down for a video.

looks like David Lynch discovered windows movie maker and paint

I'm just still really weirded out by his lack of evolution as a musician or an artist. It actually makes me respect the newer Skinny Puppy stuff a lot, whether you like their new sound or not, they've evolved as they should have. Trent just seems like he's frozen in time.