IGNORED

Autechre - L Event

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Rulohead32

Daaayumn, this tac Lacora sounds shit heavier. Who the hell did that fake then?

I don't know, but he or she should replace one of the AE members. I liked more the fake than the actual preview.

Sean himself is rather pissed his upcoming EP is being shared illegally... DO NOT post any illegal links to any copyrighted music on this forum. Next illegal link will result in a banning.

Sean himself is rather pissed his upcoming EP is being shared illegally... DO NOT post any illegal links to any copyrighted music on this forum. Next illegal link will result in a banning.

Is the store that put the previews up one of those pirate stores then? Seemed legit at first sight.

Guest Rulohead32

For me as if it's taken off the whole internet and never be released...

Sean's view is he doesn't want shitty low quality previews out there... especially considering the complexity of the tracks (sonically). I can't say I blame him from an artistic perspective - how'd you like a low-resolution, compressed jpg of your painting or such bandied about online before the official grand unveiling?

True Autechre fans wait until decent quality previews are available through authorised channels.

Is the store that put the previews up one of those pirate stores then? Seemed legit at first sight.

I think they jumped the gun on that... the stores aren't supposed to put up previews until they are authorised to do so.

how'd you like a low-resolution, compressed jpg of your painting or such bandied about online before the official grand unveiling?

If I were surprised, I would take it as 2013 poking its finger into my eye. it is the internet innit. but i wouldn't be surprised.

back in the 80s it was sony walkman or pirate radio or whatever. don't forget where ae is originally coming from, this can be read in many interviews.

i mean i respect ae and sean and everything, but imo it's a bit silly getting angry at this stuff happening.

0PN on internet leaks:

dont really care but i wish it was done with some style and panache. some respect for the craft of record making would be appreciated. w/ a leak a lot of the time you're not really getting the big picture

like a pro.

how'd you like a low-resolution, compressed jpg of your painting or such bandied about online before the official grand unveiling?

If I were surprised, I would take it as 2013 poking its finger into my eye. it is the internet innit. but i wouldn't be surprised.

back in the 80s it was sony walkman or pirate radio or whatever. don't forget where ae is originally coming from, this can be read in many interviews.

i mean i respect ae and sean and everything, but imo it's a bit silly getting angry at this stuff happening.

0PN on internet leaks:

dont really care but i wish it was done with some style and panache. some respect for the craft of record making would be appreciated. w/ a leak a lot of the time you're not really getting the big picture

like a pro.

you do realise that quote there actually sides with Sean's view on this, right?

sean: "rather pissed" (joyrex paraphrasation)

lopatin: "don't really care.."

I'm pretty sure Sean isn't "rather pissed", at least not in the sense that is being implied here, but whatever...

also you're picking 3 words out of that quote that support your standpoint, and ignoring the rest. you should work for the newspapers with stellar editing like that.

Lol okay I'll bite..

i was pointing out the (imo) important difference between what lopatin said (and i posted that fucking quote in its entirety in the first place!) and what joyrex was telling us about SB's thoughts on the matter.

So what exactly makes you sure that Sean isn't "rather pissed"? Joyrex wrote exactly that. Can you support your line of thought on this?

I mean I certainly hope that sean isn't really pissed. This is what I was trying to say, to begin with, when I posted "sean, pls" on the last page. I thought this was obvious.

Lol okay I'll bite..

i was pointing out the (imo) important difference between what lopatin said (and i posted that fucking quote in its entirety in the first place!) and what joyrex was telling us about SB's thoughts on the matter.

So what exactly makes you sure that Sean isn't "rather pissed"? Joyrex wrote exactly that. Can you support your line of thought on this?

Really? because imo the important bit of what Lopatin said is "I wish it was done with some style and panache, some respect for the craft of record making would be appreciated" which is clearly in alignment with the point of view that a preview of Autechre material, rendered at a pitifully low resolution and only showing the first few moments of the track is completely de contextualising and kinda spoils it. But that's previews all over in my opinion, and now I'm inferring my own feelings about previews here. Which I shouldn't do, because in my opinion, this is exactly what Joyrex is doing here.

As for what makes me sure that Sean isn't "rather pissed", I've met the guy a few times and we've talked about stuff like this. He's pretty chill and down to earth, and honestly doesn't strike me the kind of person who would see this thread and go all Prince on this place.

Sean's view is he doesn't want shitty low quality previews out there... especially considering the complexity of the tracks (sonically). I can't say I blame him from an artistic perspective - how'd you like a low-resolution, compressed jpg of your painting or such bandied about online before the official grand unveiling?

True Autechre fans wait until decent quality previews are available through authorised channels.

I recall how the Wire magazine put out the podcast with three Quaristice tracks in there and they sounded way cooler than the official version somehow being in 96kbps mono. Same with see on see on german radio. These are my fondest memories of the tracks.

I support Sean's vision on this and his will for it, but i don't buy into that grand picture ideology.

Archived