IGNORED

So which watmmer's still dislike TCH?

beerwolf

3 minutes ago, joshuatxuk said:

Daft Punk's RAM of the same year had the effect x100 so much so I think it's an achievement not as a musical album but as an elaborate PR effort.

"Check out Daft Punk's new single "Get Lucky" if you get the chance. Sound of the summer." -Limmy, since 2013

https://twitter.com/search?q="Check out Daft Punk's new single "Get Lucky" if you get the chance. Sound of the summer."&src=typed_query&f=live

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Candiru said:

I gotta be honest. I think the cult/sentimental weirdness prevented anyone from being honest about how dull this album is. It's first time I was shocked by witnessing brainwashing. The second time was when Trump won the election. 

Have u read this thread

1 hour ago, joshuatxuk said:

Daft Punk's RAM of the same year had the effect x100 so much so I think it's an achievement not as a musical album but as an elaborate PR effort. 

Any cult artist/band has it's core zealot fans but I agree BoC's following is excessive at times, especially on their subreddit and I assume on twoism. 

josh do u remember that weird advert/review for RAM in pitchfork? it was like multiple "pages" 

For me this was thematically much less interesting than what seemed to be hinted at in the "leaks" before the release. Things like Cold War paranoia mixed with conspiracy theories and occultism. Straight-up post-apocalyptic theme has been done a million times already in different medias.

Also generally for me BoC fair better when they aren't so clear about what is the actual theme. For example MHTRTC and Geogaddi clearly have a theme, but exactly what it is very hard to pinpoint or describe in a few words. Both are kind of chilled but ominous at the same time, especially MHTRTC has this sunny vibe on the surface but it feels like there are some really dark undercurrents hidden behind the layers. Like a child innocently playing while some sinister stuff that is only vaguely hinted at is going on in the background.

Musically TH is ok if BoC was releasing this kind of stuff every two years or so, but did it really take 8 years to make this? Or is it just so overpolished that all the edges got smoothed out in the process?

• Rubin Farr changed the title to So which watmmer's still dislike TCH?
11 hours ago, Alcofribas said:

josh do u remember that weird advert/review for RAM in pitchfork? it was like multiple "pages" 

oh yeah, I'm sure my many rants about it are here on various threads are stil up

p4k and and to a lesser degree other music publications were gushed over RAM to retroactively make up for giving Daft Punk mediocre and dismissive reviews in the past - p4k furthered this by re-reviewing *Homework* in 2018 and giving it a 9+ to fully scrub it's previous rating of 7.6

if there's one admirable decision of p4k post- Conde Nast purchase it's not deleting this amazing review of Daft Club

2 hours ago, Mesh Gear Fox said:

there are enough great, classic BoC songs on TH to render any accusations of the album being dull kinda pointless. i don't know how a dull album can have nothing is real, jacquard causeway, palace posy, new seeds... these are all top notch boc tunes in my opinion.

um didn’t you read the last page Mesh??!?!?!?! this album is unmusical and therefore it is impossible to consider these “tunes” or “songs”

Listening to TCH this morning and having a hard time understanding how some fans rate this album so low. There are so many layers and beautiful moments. The ending of Chromakey Dreamcoat?! Cmon now how do you not like that. 

I’m a fan of the weird and murky BoC as much as anybody else but this album really hits me, always has. The run of the final 3 tracks in particular stand up to the best moments on any of their other albums.

my opinion on this is right and everyone else’s is wrong!

3 hours ago, sweepstakes said:

I've got no beef with TCH. It's superb lazy (but thoughtful) Sunday music.

Like an album Alan Titchmarsh would make? Once he's mowed your aunties lawn, trimmed the edges and pruned the rose bush, and then made a lovely pitcher of homemade lemonade, spiked with a mellow, juicy drop of LSD?

1 minute ago, sweepstakes said:
12 minutes ago, diatoms said:

i love thc

happy 4/20:)

TCH

not

THC

Do you member?

what's TCH?

is it stronger than THC?

it is 4/20:)

I decided to listen to The Campfire Headphase and Music Has The Right To Children this morning as I remember kind of dissing them recently as being inferior to the other two.

Suffice it to say that I'm never ranking their albums again. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Well, it's been 15 years but I think I've finally come around to this album. It's really good. Not sure why I didn't like it before... Aged well I think. tomorrow's harvest I'm still kind of cold on though.

Archived