IGNORED

Lab made mince patty eaten

delet...

Guest skibby

i'd like to know how it feels like to eat a burger that costs more than an entire african country dressed with a stupid salad leaf and some shit tomatoes

i bet it feels better to be the researchers who got all that money ;)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i'd like to know how it feels like to eat a burger that costs more than an entire african country dressed with a stupid salad leaf and some shit tomatoes

i bet if that chick put's her next morning lab hamburger poop on ebay she's a millionair

i bet if that chick put's her next morning lab hamburger poop on ebay she's a millionair

then they can turn that into meat, right?

I don't know enough about meat to know what makes it taste good. Is it the curing process or actually what the animal was fed?

Id eat it, looks like McDonalds anyway.

lol, this is made by Google? They are taking over the world

http://www.theguardian.com/science/video/2013/aug/05/google-burger-sergey-brin-lab-grown-hamburger

The arguments for it are pretty compelling though

does this guy want to revolutionize the meat industry or put another notch on his bed post?

gmeatTM

lol, you're on fire, I'd put this in the funny quotes thread if I wasn't so lazy..

google navigation has mysteriously disappeared from my phone and is now a paid app

Erm, you wha' ?! What OS - it may be that it's just now full integrated into the maps app rather than a separate thing...

The paid app is probably Goggle Nagivation and requires about a million dodgy permissions.

google navigation has mysteriously disappeared from my phone and is now a paid app

Erm, you wha' ?! What OS - it may be that it's just now full integrated into the maps app rather than a separate thing...

you're right! that's a relief cos google navigation is the best satnav going.

(latest android whatever it's called)

obligatory:

but srsly, that video in the OP was quit funny imho, could have been something running on a TV set in Robocop or Total Recall or something.

wow thanks for reminding me that plaid exists and their music is fantastic, they are back in my library!

yes imo lab grown meat is gross compared to organic living animal. this looked like a disc of dried shit, compared to a juicy steak burger.

you wouldn't be saying that if you didn't know this was lab grown meat. the only way we can actually find out whether or not it tastes the same as regular meat is if they do a blind taste test. the clip with the french judge is useless because her perceptions of "lab grown meat" are tainting the burger's flavor.

I'll only be interested in eating lab-grown burger if they transplant a cow's brain and nervous system into it before cooking it, so that it gets filled with that yummy fear-adrenaline we all love so much

yes imo lab grown meat is gross compared to organic living animal. this looked like a disc of dried shit, compared to a juicy steak burger.

you wouldn't be saying that if you didn't know this was lab grown meat. the only way we can actually find out whether or not it tastes the same as regular meat is if they do a blind taste test. the clip with the french judge is useless because her perceptions of "lab grown meat" are tainting the burger's flavor.

i actually would. i don't see why i have to justify saying this is gross. when she cuts and bites it, it looks hard, dry and generally awful. it's not a moral or ethical stance i'm taking here, it just plain looks like shit. i think it's an interesting development, in theory, and have no objection to this avenue of research at all. no need to go off on a tangent at me about animal welfare and comparison tests.

It wouldn't taste the same because it hasn't got the fat and they had to use beetroot juice to make it red and spices to give it flavour, etc. It is still early days for this tech. The point was to make biomeat you could cook.

Did I mishear or did they say it's 100% fat free? That right there is the huge turnoff. Guess nobody told them it's the fat that carries the flavor. I'm not one of these "zero fat" zealots...plus fat helps your brain to function

I'll only be interested in eating lab-grown burger if they transplant a cow's brain and nervous system into it before cooking it, so that it gets filled with that yummy fear-adrenaline we all love so much

this was my thought as well, when i was enjoying my first patty yesterday. also, this stuff does not digest very well, use your imagination but i was stuck to the toilet all morning squirting out the brown runny by the gallon.

this was my thought as well, when i was enjoying my first patty yesterday. also, this stuff does not digest very well, use your imagination but i was stuck to the toilet all morning squirting out the brown runny by the gallon.

*tries to use imagination

*fails

more detail plz

Archived