IGNORED

Can't get over how amazing Steinvord is

Bitraete

Discovered the Steinvord tracks last year. I don't know if they're aphex or what, but I at least feel very suspicious that they wouldn't go ahead and release more.

Anyway, what an amazing selection of music. Utterly gorgeous stuff <3

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dylanmcknd

yeah really cool. I remember one track where the photo is a dog. anyone know which one was?

I think you're thinking about Bargain Stinker.

I doubt that Steinvord is RDJ or TJ, or a combination of either.

Everybody who does not believe you should listen to Steinvord on monitor speakers. There are worlds between steinvord and aphex. Its not so obvious if you listen to it on myspace but the high quality tracks reveal it. Same with monolith

Everybody who does not believe you should listen to Steinvord on monitor speakers. There are worlds between steinvord and aphex. Its not so obvious if you listen to it on myspace but the high quality tracks reveal it. Same with monolith

And same with the EDM A2/B2 compilations.

All the aforementioned releases are great nevertheless.

Cool I missed those. Yeah aphex twin cover bands are great but I wish he would just put out something new instead so people could cover that. Some of my friends started to refuse to listen to anything that sounds like a analord cover. For me it still depends on how good that song is like would I listen to it if it would not sound analordish. Over time more and more people start to buy the synths you need to create a production like this but are not able to deliver the same quality in melodies and arrangement. The more the quality degrades and the more the market is flooded with covers the more the overall quality of a scene suffers. At a certain point people are fed up like it happened to IDM recently which was basically people covering druqks and autechre from that era

Cool I missed those. Yeah aphex twin cover bands are great but I wish he would just put out something new instead so people could cover that. Some of my friends started to refuse to listen to anything that sounds like a analord cover. For me it still depends on how good that song is like would I listen to it if it would not sound analordish. Over time more and more people start to buy the synths you need to create a production like this but are not able to deliver the same quality in melodies and arrangement. The more the quality degrades and the more the market is flooded with covers the more the overall quality of a scene suffers. At a certain point people are fed up like it happened to IDM recently which was basically people covering druqks and autechre from that era

How recent is 'recently'? :) I can't remember a time people NOT being fed up with IDM! It was such a dirty acronym. There was a lot of animosity and apathy among fans of this stuff in the late 90s with me included (which might cloud my memories honestly). Very fickle and analytical opinions of music in general. From my point of view, the openness and camaraderie of braindance fans has really blossomed within the last 4 or 5 years. It seemed so serious for so long, but I'm really quite happy with how this scene has evolved recently, musically and as a culture.

Everybody who does not believe you should listen to Steinvord on monitor speakers. There are worlds between steinvord and aphex.

I simply disagree.

Aye me too (and that's with my pretty decent turntable setup & preamp going into a good headphone amp & headphones)

Still convinced this was gonna be the third release on Tom and Rich's swiftly abandoned MEN label.

Guest skibby

if something sounds like AFX, and its anonymous, it is AFX. that's the rule I go by and that's how I get to enjoy more AFX songs than anybody else in the world.

if something sounds like AFX, and its anonymous, it is AFX. that's the rule I go by and that's how I get to enjoy more AFX songs than anybody else in the world.

What if...afx...sounds like...everyone else??

Guest skibby

but everybody can't be the king :aphexsign:

C'mon you proletarians, let's have some commie acid!!!

Guest skibby

C'mon you proletarians, let's have some commie acid!!!

as soon as everybody starts sharing their money, im in ;)

That's basically what I do.

Delusion doesn't always equal loss!

Archived