IGNORED

Can't get over how amazing Steinvord is

Bitraete

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

linguistically, (welsh, cornish, finnish, estonian, finnish and papua new guinean pidgin notwithstanding,) i submit my analysis of 'Steinvord'

it is a compound word, a proper name since it seems to be the title of a musical effort.

'stein,' I take to mean 'stone'

'vord,' shares the most common meaning to 'worm'

so, I looked up 'stone worm' and lo and behold, theres awesome judeo-hermetic lore behind it.

http://karlshuker.blogspot.se/2014/02/the-shamir-and-stone-worm.html

I was hoping someone else would reverse image search the stone worm etching.

The stone worm (possibly also known as king Solomon's 'shamir') has the ability to disintegrate stone. Pretty cool lore, and it's probably a true story.

This is the most interesting post on Steinvord yet!

pretty sure this is beatwife i found that out last week now I'm breaking the news

flol

as if...

nope its true!

No lol. Steinvord is good.

pretty sure this is beatwife i found that out last week now I'm breaking the news

flol

as if...

nope its true!

No lol. Steinvord is good.

Steinvord sounds horribly unoriginal and bland

#shotsfired

• 1 month later...

So after quite a long time I just listened to the vinyl rip and then to the couple of "myspace tracks" which are not on the EP and could appreciate once again the serious pearls which are in there. I especially love Untitled 9 and Untitled 97. If you consequently know the music of the Aphex Twins, I can't understand how you seriously could think they're not involved in this.

:duckhunt:

they must have laugh quite a bit when there was all this debate fever

• 4 weeks later...

Would be super cool if Rephlex released a steinvord CD comp including the EP and those other unreleased tracks that are floating around. Have been waiting them for ages. Or better yet, a comp with some new tracks in the vein of Plus ten / Steel erector. Opening the twitter account got me wishful but it seems that it was opened just for promoting the US tour. Just my two cents.

Not allowed to say (yet).

What about now?

• 2 weeks later...

So after quite a long time I just listened to the vinyl rip and then to the couple of "myspace tracks" which are not on the EP and could appreciate once again the serious pearls which are in there. I especially love Untitled 9 and Untitled 97. If you consequently know the music of the Aphex Twins, I can't understand how you seriously could think they're not involved in this.

:duckhunt:

they must have laugh quite a bit when there was all this debate fever

yeah untitled 97 is quite great despite its brevity and simplicity

i don't see any problem with following in the foot steps of one's predecessors, actually i think that is an honest and direct route to advancement. i look at it as acknowledging your teachers as being teachers. don't be ashamed to use the techniques of those you admire a little bit. it's when you make it your whole schtick and make a living aping someone that i think you could legitimately look down on it.

i can see how someone new could have intuited some of aphex's methodology and created some songs that sound reminiscent of his work. i've seen it in other musicians who are not aphex, and who i respect entirely.

i could be wrong and it could be aphex but i really don't know, i tend to think some of the stuff sounds like stuff he wouldn't do. i'm 50/50 on what i think it is.

too bad grant never really went forward with his tour idea, there are people clamoring all over the united states to host a Rephlex party and yet... nothing. Kind of unfortunate

i've heard some people say that its quite difficult to sort out visa stuff?

edit: didn't afx in a video recorded back stage at coachella say it took him months to get one and he was supposed to dj for 2 hours but only got 90 mins.

too bad grant never really went forward with his tour idea, there are people clamoring all over the united states to host a Rephlex party and yet... nothing. Kind of unfortunate

edit: didn't afx in a video recorded back stage at coachella say it took him months to get one and he was supposed to dj for 2 hours but only got 90 mins.

I've also heard that Grant was offered some interesting propositions from people in the US that he just never replied to and that was the end of that..

(Maybe not enough to fill a proper tour, maybe the visa thing didn't work it, anything could've happened so not judging, but yeah, proper Rephlex style it was. Remember the plan of taking a ship with a Rephlex flag and docking all the ports in Europe for a Rephlex Europe tour?)

I heard a story many years ago about RDJ and some mates sitting around sometime in the 90s playing Playstation when a fax ticked in. Someone checked the fax and it was an offer for Aphex to go somewhere and play a set for a 100.000 pounds or whatever. RDJ couldn't be bothered to leave his gaming console and told the mate to just toss the fax in the bin.

I've also heard that Grant was offered some interesting propositions from people in the US that he just never replied to and that was the end of that..

(Maybe not enough to fill a proper tour, maybe the visa thing didn't work it, anything could've happened so not judging, but yeah, proper Rephlex style it was. Remember the plan of taking a ship with a Rephlex flag and docking all the ports in Europe for a Rephlex Europe tour?)

grant got a decent proposition to have a rephlex 20 anniversary party during one of the bigger polish festivals and turned it down as well.

they just cant be bothered.

• 4 weeks later...

Would be super cool if Rephlex released a steinvord CD comp including the EP and those other unreleased tracks that are floating around. Have been waiting them for ages. Or better yet, a comp with some new tracks in the vein of Plus ten / Steel erector. Opening the twitter account got me wishful but it seems that it was opened just for promoting the US tour. Just my two cents.

What about now?

Ok, Rephlex is gone now can we get an answer?

What about now?

Ok, Rephlex is gone now can we get an answer?

I guess he isn't allowed to say unless the person behind Steinvord confirms that he wants to reveal himself, otherwise it would be plain disrespectful (that is of course, assuming he isn't anyone on Rephlex that we already knew).

Still want the digital album out. Joyrex has to convince Grant to put it out along with the unreleased Monolith that was suppossed to come out too.

Archived