IGNORED

General Sample Spotting Thread

azatoth

Alias - Again for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKjSI18pk0

The sample starts at around 1:03 and loops a couple of time. Sounds very familiar, from some soundtrack? Anyone able to identify? Thanks.

Also a long shot, anyone know the music that was played in the most recent Dara O'briains Science Club in the segment about synthetic vaccines, it starts of what sounds like Philip Glass Metamorphose and then something stringy that sounded Glass-y as well.

Alias - Again for the first time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIKjSI18pk0

The sample starts at around 1:03 and loops a couple of time. Sounds very familiar, from some soundtrack? Anyone able to identify? Thanks.

99% sure its from some 80s softcore sci-fi like E.T. or Cocoon, remember asking myself the same thing the first time I heard that alias track

Also here's an Interesting mini-docu from marley marl on the making of "momma said knock u out":

• 4 months later...

[youtubehd]NnC9MEM3TGY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]9SkpTRrAliA[/youtubehd]

I was gonna include two more examples in this post, but ended up being too much technical hassle.

Edited by ambermonk

[youtubehd]NnC9MEM3TGY[/youtubehd]

[youtubehd]9SkpTRrAliA[/youtubehd]

I was gonna include two more examples in this post, but ended up being too much technical hassle.

I have a friend who is essentially a Def Jux expert, he's working off/on on a book about the label, or at least hoping to get a draft of such a book done. His knowledge of their artists' very layered samples and references is immense, it's a fascinating label.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...