IGNORED

In America...

Guest skibby

i love that the phone option for other languages is the first and greatest affront.

in any other country, the tone of this list is instantly set at "nazi" by the first bullet point.

i love that the phone option for other languages is the first and greatest affront.

in any other country, the tone of this list is instantly set at "nazi" by the first bullet point.

It is pretty stupid that people moving there aren't forced through training to learn the language of the country, completely illogical. But of course if you argue this people are so imprinted with the pro immigration, multi-cultural propaganda that they only see this argument through the prism that marginalizes the concept by labelling it racist. It would be like letting people progress in a maths program at university without being numerically literate. The language is the basic foundation of a nation state, through it comes and understand of both your fellow man and comprehension of the intricacies of the political sphere, and so on.

We live in a weird world (still), filled with fucking idiots and the people they lead.

Immigrants from spanish speaking countries have it easy in the US, they move here and everything is in spanish (tv,stores,etc), they are never force to learn the language unless they come here at a young age. I get that they are old and tired but make an effort, i think its kind of unfair that Americans (specially employers, managers, etc) are kind of force to learn a language so they can communicate with those who are too lazy to learn english.

you mean in those other countries which have adopted their most common language as their official one, and where you don't have to push 1? lets take france for example- one of the most america-shit-talkingest countries out there, which has law/regulations mandating that broadcast musical or visual works are subject to a quota where a certain % must be in french language, to make sure that the legacy and heritage of france isn't lost. its OK for these types of countries to be blatantly defensive of and to fight to protect their cultural legacy, but they turn around and criticize americans for complaining about shit that they would simply not stand for in their own countries. how about this- FUCK those people from those countries who are criticizing how usa deals with IT'S problems. especially when those same asshole are almost guaranteed to bitch about the same thing or LESS if it happens in their country. look at how strong france holds on to it's heritage and tries to forcibly assert it and maintain it across its land. nobody from there should have thing #1 to say about americans not liking changes taking place here.

am i saying english should be declared the official language of USA? no. i'm not even taking a stance on that. i'm taking a stance against blatant bullshit ass hypocrisy. i must say that it is a pleasure watching the flood of immigrants pour into these euro countries and create more and more tension and problems which are only compounded by their diligence in holding up that thin veil of PC facade (which inevitably will drop and we shall see the true nature of these 'tolerant' peoples) and trying to pretend like those problems simply don't exist, after so much criticism from them about how we here in the states handle OUR business (with much help from american idiots, invariably on the left, who have a deranged need to show that they are worldy which to them means agreeing with every foreign criticism of their home land). yes indeed. it's very much the type of thing that has me wanting to grab a tub of popcorn. there's nothing more that i love than watching hypocrites get theirs.

It is pretty stupid that people moving there aren't forced through training to learn the language of the country, completely illogical. But of course if you argue this people are so imprinted with the pro immigration, multi-cultural propaganda that they only see this argument through the prism that marginalizes the concept by labelling it racist. It would be like letting people progress in a maths program at university without being numerically literate. The language is the basic foundation of a nation state, through it comes and understand of both your fellow man and comprehension of the intricacies of the political sphere, and so on.

We live in a weird world (still), filled with fucking idiots and the people they lead.

And the funny thing is that there are plenty of Hispanics who look down on those who don't learn the language.

As always its not the race affected who is crying murder its "liberal" white people.

you mean in those other countries which have adopted their most common language as their official one, and where you don't have to push 1? lets take france for example- one of the most america-shit-talkingest countries out there, which has law/regulations mandating that broadcast musical or visual works are subject to a quota where a certain % must be in french language, to make sure that the legacy and heritage of france isn't lost. its OK for these types of countries to be blatantly defensive of and to fight to protect their cultural legacy, but they turn around and criticize americans for complaining about shit that they would simply not stand for in their own countries. how about this- FUCK those people from those countries who are criticizing how usa deals with IT'S problems. especially when those same asshole are almost guaranteed to bitch about the same thing or LESS if it happens in their country. look at how strong france holds on to it's heritage and tries to forcibly assert it and maintain it across its land. nobody from there should have thing #1 to say about americans not liking changes taking place here.

What are you talking about, i'm french on my mother's side and i've never heard them moan about the american anything at all really, well except stupid wars and gun violence or things that are obviously stupid to even the americans. Mostly it's the US shittalking france through it's media and citizenry due to some oldschool anglo bias, never mind the fact that the USofA wouldn't have come into existence without millitary and financial support from france.

It is pretty stupid that people moving there aren't forced through training to learn the language of the country, completely illogical. But of course if you argue this people are so imprinted with the pro immigration, multi-cultural propaganda that they only see this argument through the prism that marginalizes the concept by labelling it racist. It would be like letting people pass progress in a maths program at university without being numerically literate. The language is the basic foundation of a nation state, through it comes and understand of both your fellow man and comprehension of the intricacies of the political sphere, and so on.

And the funny thing is that there are plenty of Hispanics who look down on those who don't learn the language.

As always its not the race affected who is crying murder its "liberal" white people.

Yes, and the system isn't in place for millions of illegal migrants to learn english. Business doesn't care, they just want cheap labour and government doesn't want to tax business to pay for it. So locals are just left to deal with it.

Looking from the outside though it's funny seeing that country slowly getting transformed into a northern outpost of latin american. As it must please greatly those that still feel the sore of the wars of conquest which the US waged to get california, texas and florida and so forth. Historical irony that the same people that pushed for pax americana are those that want the cheap illegal labour force and so in a moment evaporates their daydream.

am i saying english should be declared the official language of USA? no. i'm not even taking a stance on that. i'm taking a stance against blatant bullshit ass hypocrisy. i must say that it is a pleasure watching the flood of immigrants pour into these euro countries and create more and more tension and problems which are only compounded by their diligence in holding up that thin veil of PC facade (which inevitably will drop and we shall see the true nature of these 'tolerant' peoples) and trying to pretend like those problems simply don't exist, after so much criticism from them about how we here in the states handle OUR business (with much help from american idiots, invariably on the left, who have a deranged need to show that they are worldy which to them means agreeing with every foreign criticism of their home land). yes indeed. it's very much the type of thing that has me wanting to grab a tub of popcorn. there's nothing more that i love than watching hypocrites get theirs.

My french relatives don't agree with the flood of immigration. It's being foisted on the population by the same undemocracies that we all live in.

Too bad for the last bullet. The final, sort of conclusive?, claim is made that billions go to other countries and next the 1% vs.99% thing is put on the table. So the actual problem, I'm assuming, is that gap between the 1% and the 99% -there is no real middle class - but the claim was that billions go to other countries (not the 1% btw). And if those billions going to other countries were put into perspective ( with respect to the entire US), how significant are those billions? Would it actually help if those billions weren't there? You should assume, imo, that those billions are relatively small and that it doesn't help one single bit to solve the 1%-99% gap. That money going to other countries has hardly anything to do with the income gap. The income gap is about (corporate) taxes, taxe free off shore accounts, a lack of inflation corrected minimum wage and possibly the worker unions dysfunctioning. Nothing to do with money going to third world countries (and israel).

Tbh, I'm afraid that the us will see similar things as happening in Greece: extreme nationalism taking root in society/politics.

Those billions are used for some pretty nasty things, like to prop up dodgy regimes by giving them cash to help buy US arms. Or to bribe freedom fighters/politicians/academics/NGOs, or push to liberalize trade restrictions through conditions put up before the cash is dolled out, etc. Or it's given to the IMF so they can loan shark nations. It's a noose in which countries put their necks. Certainly would be better used to give vets housing, or to fix a few thousand bridges.

You think so?

http://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/02/13/2013-budget-0

The Budget continues our commitment to keeping that promise alive by creating an economy thats built to last with good jobs that pay well and security for the middle class.

Its a commitment that starts with jumpstarting job creation so that our economic recovery quickens and more Americans are able to get back to work. The Budget proposes more than $350 billion in short-term measures for job growth starting this year. These proposals include the extension of the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance benefits for rest of 2012; an upfront investment of $50 billion from the surface transportation reauthorization bill for roads, rails, and runways to create thousands of quality jobs in the short term; continuing to allow businesses to write-off the full amount of new investments; and $30 billion to modernize at least 35,000 schools, and $30 billion to help states and localities retain and hire teachers and first responders.

Plus, from what piece of the 3.7 trillion pie do those foreign billions come from?

Figure8_4+Discretionary.png

Again, it's not the money going to other countries that's the issue, or relevant, in the 1%-99% gap thing.

Edit: f@ck, wrong pie

It should be the one on this page

http://www.sdvfp.org/us-military-spending/proposed-dicretionary-fy2013-np/

But google search wont show me options i actually can link to...

International affairs, 4%? that would be 148 billion then. Of course there would be embassies, they're exee. Is it even in that budget? I don't think that cia is in the military budget, perhaps that's international affairs as well. hrmm i dunno, my point was that the money they give out is better spent at home because it's not generally used for humanitarian reasons.

Archived