IGNORED

If you were to spend a week in the states, where would you go?

jeremymacgregor87

Good day idiots.

I'm going to Mexico early next year to see my girlfriend, but this invariably means that I'll be flying into the US and A for starters and, seeing as I have some choice in the matter, I'd love your advice/opinions on where to kick things off. I have been to the states twice (three times really, but one of them doesn't count) and both times I've flown to CA, bummed around there for a while, before going elsewhere (Canada for school). LA seems like a bit of a nightmare so I'm hoping to not spend a whole lot of time there. I'm thinking about a week will do it.

Bear in mind the following variables:

* I like craft beer

* I am on WATMM

* I like mountains/nature and particularly taking photos of them

* I generally keep to myself and like to wander around

* I like good record stores

The recent Seattle thread has got me interested but it's really a much of a muchness picking which city to fly to before heading to Mexico so I'd appreciate your thoughts on the matter

thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest skibby

i liked northern california cause i like looking at cool ass scenery. the whole west coast looks awesome from SF and up.

i'd check the desert, mountains, ocean, yosemite, redwood stuff.

basically, i would heed peter tosh's words and stay out of the shitty. pic related, its peter tosh.
644532_412063145557577_1705857806_n.jpg

come through bc. we aren't canadian but that make us not american!

BC has so much to do and see.

I'm headed out that way this month.

US is overrated =O

Personally I would probably stick to the southern states if I was visiting, for a few reasons. It's cheap. And since I share basically nothing in terms of ideology, music, politics, etc with the locals, it would be a huge culture shock and very interesting for me.

In fact I've done that. Lived in Oklahoma for about a year and it was f'en crazy!

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

I think you'd need to visit more than one city/state to get a real feel for it. I've been living in california for 7 years and still have no idea

also why is your girlfriend in mexico? drug lord?

whereabouts?

Do you mean me on my trip to BC?

I'm going to the island out around Parksville. Stopping by Merrit, Vancouver, Victoria, and Nanaimo on the way. I love BC, wish I could move there!

lol

COLORADO

Came back in here to say that I'd think this was a good idea, according to anyone who's ever been there.

Well weed is legal there now so it is basically like the Amsterdam of the states at this point right? Plus, they have mountains and woods.

wow feedback

i liked northern california cause i like looking at cool ass scenery. the whole west coast looks awesome from SF and up.

i'd check the desert, mountains, ocean, yosemite, redwood stuff.

Yes SF was a highlight my last go-around. I should mention that I don't drive - I might have my licence by the time I'm there but probably not because I'm lazy like that. I'd really like to check out yosemite though

come through bc. we aren't canadian but that make us not american!

BC is indeed lush but I've already sort of crossed that off the list as it were - more expensive going that route too

COLORADO

Portland, Oregon would probably meet all the criteria you listed.

I had an amazing donut in Portland.... Voodoo Donut I think? Maple syrup and bacon and the like, omg. Really quaint little city, nice bars and the like <--- strong contender

I wouldn't bother with the States whatsoever and just go straight to Mexico - much more interesting and diverse there. Where in Mexico are you headed?

I have to go through the states anyway so I thought it'd be worth checking some places out anyway first. I'm headed to Monterrey, NL, but we'll probably go to Chiapas and Yucatan at some point.

she's Mexican

COLORADO

Came back in here to say that I'd think this was a good idea, according to anyone who's ever been there.

Well weed is legal there now so it is basically like the Amsterdam of the states at this point right? Plus, they have mountains and woods.

* JOTS IT DOWN *

Yeah Colorado hadn't even crossed my radar tbh, looks picturesque as fuck though. Will consider, thanks

Archived