IGNORED

Darkside - Psychic

Rubin Farr

I've been really struck by how unique it sounds. It's hardly groundbreaking or amazing technically or musically but i terms of style it's really hard to pin down. It's almost like krautrock or kosmische style songs recorded with hi-fi digital equipment of say a group like Kruder & Dorfmeister. It's not quite deep house or dub techno either.

Honestly, I find this more engaging personally than Nicolas Jaar's well-received Space is Only Noise. I hope they put out more music.

• 1 month later...
Guest the dave colonel

This sounds like Sunset Rubdown to me and I love it.

thats an odd comparison. both are really cool though.

Listen to "Heart" on this album -- I think the whole thing shows Spencer Krug influence, but that track especially...

Edited by the dave colonel

Yes, its (still) a very good album. A lot of time I am guilty of over reacting on first listens, but this still holds its own. It's got a unique vibe to it. My record collection is pretty diverse but I don't have anything that sounds quite like this. It's pretty cool imo.

• 6 years later...