IGNORED

Wolves In The Throne Room - TBA

J3FF3R00

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i have a close friend, rachid, he's half maroccan but he's pale as a skeleton cause he smokes so much weed and he's the biggest metal fan i know , don't let bullshit get in the way of your happiness even if the music attracks retards like flies on shit!

ivan out

gonna check this WITT album out for sure btw!

fair point

this is probably gonna sound stupid, but i haven't really gotten that deep into european black metal because of the existence of NSBM. basically i wouldn't want to end up listening to crazy anti-semitic bullshit in a language i don't understand. or, god forbid, end up like dude from deafheaven, wearing a hate forest shirt without a clue in the world that hate forest is a srsly fucked up band.

so any recs of good black metal that aren't racist shitstains would be greatly appreciated, is what i'm saying.

I get this a little bit too. one of my friends is in a BM circle, like all her main friends like BM, and I seriously feel uncomfortable hanging out with them. I'm the only odd one out of that group, both racially and BM-ly. they haven't been overtly racist towards me so of course I could just be projecting but I just get an uncomfortable vibe off that bunch sometimes. like nobody will start or keep up a conversation with me if I'm in the midst of them and will instead talk to each other. I dunno :shrug:

that sucks man, i got kicked out of my bm "friend" circle as a teen cause i bought an outkast cd haha, now i'm the only one who still listens to it!

usagi, you must come to meeee, let yourself go into the frost demon storm and fuck those pathetic posers!!!

Yeah, Usagi. Write an album about it. It will become legendary.

To chime in on disparaissant, same here.

I love wittr but the rest of what's out there seems like a minefield. A while back, I was listening to a WITTR pandora channel that put some good stuff in front of me. There was a period when I was curious to listen to Burzum to see if I'd dig the music, but I can't get past the thought that that main dude is such a fuckup. I don't want to entertain any of his bullshit.

There was a cool interview with a dude from wittr where he was talking about this stuff. I'll try to dig it up.

Edit

I think this is it

http://youtu.be/ZHxTmOM3f-c

http://youtu.be/S8lV55D8Feo

Awepittance and I got in a discussion about a NorCal black metal/neo-folk festival he mentioned, one with a lot of pagan focus, that had some bad publicity generated from basically one controversy participant...I'll search for it.

Not to derail this or go off-tangent, but classic (and musically acclaimed) hip-hop has it's hidden side of homophobia (another list here) and fringe black supremacist associations: for example. I went to a Brand Nubian gig (sponsored by Scion too) that was a diverse crowd and my friend and I talked about it a bit, but I highly doubt most of the attendees who 20-something or younger even know what the 5-percent movement is. It was a big part of Golden-Age hip-hop. MF Doom, Tribe Called Quest, Common, Even the notably "socio-conscious" Blackstarr album have at least one song with homophobic lines.

There's the awkward fact that rasta reggae culture is in the stone age when it comes to women, and dancehall has it's notorious homophobic songs as well. Both are nonetheless rich and highly influential genres/scenes, especially on electronic music.

Couple more WITTR interviews that address Burzum:

http://www.rocknworld.com/thrashpit/reviews/08/WolvesintheThroneRoomInterview.shtml

http://www.anus.com/metal/about/interviews/wolves_in_the_throne_room/

^lol dat URL

Interview with Varg in which he's asked about WITTR - he's pretty dismissive of course

http://www.stereogum.com/295222/haunting-the-chapel-no-8/franchises/haunting-the-chapel/

Just saw this quote on the MetalSucks blog... The album is called "Celestite" and apparently has no drums or vocals?! so it's going to be an ambient metal album?! ... I'm kinda weary hearing that but it could end up being very cool and different.

Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.”

Celestite arises with a whole new, ethereal approach. There are no drums and no vocals. Rather, deep, heavy crystalline synthesizer journeying, Eno-inspired analog processing and arcane acoustic instrumentation expand upon dimensions folded within the universe of Celestial Lineage.”

Bring it on!!

*tries not to get too carried away*

time will tell

Guest disparaissant

this is gonna either be a big hit or a catastrophic miss. not sure there's an in-between there.

hoping for the former, obvz.

Whoa I'm really stoke for this!

Reminds me of Neptune Towers, upon immediate thought anyhow...

"Deep Space Alien Astral Avantgarde Synth" in Fenriz' own words, intended as a tribute to Klaus Schulze and other similar artists.

this is gonna either be a big hit or a catastrophic miss. not sure there's an in-between there.

hoping for the former, obvz.

yeah that's kinda my thought, this is either gonna be fucking awesome, or fail hard... i hope the former as well

I don't see the problem with listening to music made by horrible people, as long as it's good music. A lot of great artists are total bastards that I'd want nothing to do with as people. If I really have a problem with the people behind the music, I just won't buy their shit, but I'll still listen to it. Burzum's one of the only examples that come to mind... oh, and Dissection. But that guy's dead, so supporting him isn't really an issue.

• 3 months later...

MnSiVXo.jpg

"We are happy to be able to share more details about our forthcoming album, Celestite. Celestite is an experimental, instrumental companion to our previous album, Celestial Lineage. It was a challenge and a pleasure to take a temporary break from our usual palette of sounds to focus on the synthesizer oriented psychedelia that lurks in the mix of our previous albums.

After the long process of recording, mixing, mastering and creating the artwork we’ve approved the vinyl test pressings and graphic design. CDs and gatefold double LPs are in production. The North American release date for Celestite will be July 8th 2014. This will be a very special event for us was will be the maiden release on our new label, Artemisia Records which will be our outlet for future recordings.

The cover art and track listing for the album are below."

1. Turning Ever Towards The Sun

2. Initiation at Neudeg Alm

2. Bridge of Leaves

4. Celestite Mirror

5. Sleeping Golden Storm

it was a challenge and a pleasure to take a temporary break from our usual palette of sounds to focus on the synthesizer oriented psychedelia that lurks in the mix of our previous albums

this paragraph above and their change in sound gives a hint of who they'll be touring with :emotawesomepm9:

i have a feeling that a lot of black metal hardcore fans will be a little weirded out and surprised by the content on the tour, but sometimes those people need to be shaken up a little bit and taken out of their comfort zone. The opening act is VERY electronic, so hopefully by the time Wolves go on the audience will have already been broken in pretty hard.

it was a challenge and a pleasure to take a temporary break from our usual palette of sounds to focus on the synthesizer oriented psychedelia that lurks in the mix of our previous albums

this paragraph above and their change in sound gives a hint of who they'll be touring with :emotawesomepm9:

i have a feeling that a lot of black metal hardcore fans will be a little weirded out and surprised by the content on the tour, but sometimes those people need to be shaken up a little bit and taken out of their comfort zone. The opening act is VERY electronic, so hopefully by the time Wolves go on the audience will have already been broken in pretty hard.

That's pretty cool!

it was a challenge and a pleasure to take a temporary break from our usual palette of sounds to focus on the synthesizer oriented psychedelia that lurks in the mix of our previous albums[/size]

What act are you referring to?

I don't think it's supposed to be public yet. Usually I don't like to be an elitist/privileged information teaser, but I couldn't help myself/contain my excitement.

Epic, melancholy-ringed kosmische all the way. Really like it, but I really like that sound already. It's a big departure but I can totally connect this to the scope and ethos of their previous work. Cleaner and less ominous than I expected (like Fenriz's Neptune Towers project) and more ethereal and epic than any of Burzums synth stuff. Reminds me a bit of Expo 70', though he uses guitar a lot more.

More casual fans, and even some metalheads elsewhere online seem far less informed and "surprised." I'm not at all, they've mentioned being influenced by Popol Voh in interviews years ago.

http://youtu.be/U20MlfQWXgY

So when is Deafheaven going to trade in blastbeats for the Stars In The Lid influenced drone ambient? That's next, amirite? :emotawesomepm9:

I don't think it's supposed to be public yet. Usually I don't like to be an elitist/privileged information teaser, but I couldn't help myself/contain my excitement.

N O?

Archived