IGNORED

The current state of Xltronic

scumtron

xlt is a fucking disgrace, and I would imagine some of the racist/homophobic/anti semitic threads could generate some real trouble for the site owner were they to come to the attention of certain authorities. shit like that doesn't fly anymore on a public forum - been made very clear with some recent high profile prosecutions for trolling and the like...they should be very careful. also, if I were aphex (and had my logo embedded on the site) I would be very unhappy to be associated with such a place... phobiazero needs to fucking take responsibility and either close the site or ban the members at the heart of the problems.

nk1syQT.jpg

lol

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What fascinates me is this: who is paying to keep xlt online? Phobiazero? Did he funnel all the money gained by the ill-planned dubTURBO fiasco into paying up the hosting for the next several years so he wouldn't have to shell out each month?

I don't think Phobiazero himself has logged onto the site in over a year now - seems pointless keeping it running if this is what it's devolved into... I would have shut WATMM down ages ago if that had happened to it, aside from the fact it makes no sense paying for a place so idiots can spew their hatred unattended.

What fascinates me is this: who is paying to keep xlt online? Phobiazero? Did he funnel all the money gained by the ill-planned dubTURBO fiasco into paying up the hosting for the next several years so he wouldn't have to shell out each month?

I don't think Phobiazero himself has logged onto the site in over a year now - seems pointless keeping it running if this is what it's devolved into... I would have shut WATMM down ages ago if that had happened to it, aside from the fact it makes no sense paying for a place so idiots can spew their hatred unattended.

Cheap Malaysian hosting methinks

Cheap Malaysian hosting methinks

Wouldn't you?

FJdMZIt.jpg

Guest fiznuthian

Can we make a special exception for gaping butts on watmm? I understand the racism and trolling, but disallowing gaping butts just doesn't seem right.

aphextwin.nu hasn't been updated for over a decade has it :cisfor:

Neither has watmm.com! :emotawesomepm9:

Can we make a special exception for gaping butts on watmm? I understand the racism and trolling, but disallowing gaping butts just doesn't seem right.

No, go enjoy your gaping assholes elsewhere - hard to believe, I know, but some people here just don't want to see that when discussing music. It's a funny old world we live in.

Now I know why I see all the gaping assholes. It must be my browser!

What browsers do you recommend?

Internet Explorer 5/6 or Netscape 6.2 with cookies turned on.
A well-known bug is appearing in IE 5.01, which we are aware of.

Why do so many think that free speech means you can say whatever you want without consequence?

Exactly - or how people equate free speech with the right to expose others to your thoughts and images, without their consent - what happened to the right of choice?

Guest fiznuthian

Still haven't got that sarcasm detector fixed yet then, no?

No, but my asshole detector is working just fine! :emotawesomepm9:

I was making a sarcastic comment myself, btw

:beer: To our butthole-less forums!

Guest fiznuthian

Actually, Joyrex here's a serious question instead. Kinda relevant I guess, if barely. Is there an option for the chatmm (IPB Chat) that would disable auto-kicking people who idle? A lot of people come and go in the discussions and are ending up just typing characters periodically so they don't get kicked and can continue to read what's going on. It would be nice, and have an IRC feel.. Thanks!

Sounds like they're just there to eavesdrop. That's quite beastly. That's like holding a cup to the wall to listen to the neighbours, except they're doing it blatantly, by typing the characters periodically. They're saying ''Look, i'm here to see what you are saying. I'm not going to talk, i'm just going to listen to see if you mention something which peaks my interest. I'll sit here for hours if I had to''. These chat beasts are Dahmer-esque.

Guest skibby

hey Joyrex, how come you spelled 'favourite' the british way? are you originally from across the pond or do you prefer the british way of spelling things?

Actually, Joyrex here's a serious question instead. Kinda relevant I guess, if barely. Is there an option for the chatmm (IPB Chat) that would disable auto-kicking people who idle? A lot of people come and go in the discussions and are ending up just typing characters periodically so they don't get kicked and can continue to read what's going on. It would be nice, and have an IRC feel.. Thanks!

I think the timeout is 20 minutes, no? I can see increasing it, but I agree about those just sitting there... Especially when there is a limit to the number of CHATMM users at one time (not that it hits that's limit all that often, but still).

hey Joyrex, how come you spelled 'favourite' the british way? are you originally from across the pond or do you prefer the british way of spelling things?

I'm half-Canadian, and grew up watching BBC/CBC so it's natural for me.

Guest fiznuthian

Oh okay. Well that's fine I guess. Maybe some people are not used to IRC style chat, or weren't around when it was more popular. If you don't like idling I understand. People that use it enjoy the permanence of it's protocol. Being able to take the dog for a walk and not miss out on reading a conversation that took place earlier. Or someone asking a question and getting a response when people are back to their computers. CHATMM now is a fleeting thing. I still enjoy it though, and thanks for implementing it.

i like the auto-kick, it keeps it from being one of those rooms with a hundred people, all idle. just f5, enter, and you won't have to keep dropping periods. it doesn't even show a "user left/user entered" when you do that.

Still haven't got that sarcasm detector fixed yet then, no?

No, but my asshole detector is working just fine! :emotawesomepm9:

I was making a sarcastic comment myself, btw

The Obel-Joylord dynamic may be WATMM's greatest achievement.

Archived